Discussion on the island like no other.

Saw Alive

TT Member
User

Rocket

Saw Alive Horror Maze - Reduced opening for 2012 season

by Rocket » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:39 am

Maybe they will put a new ride there for next year since the maze is basically temporary!
Use the current queue, infill a bit where the maze is at the moment, possible new ride?
Team Admin
User

Adz

Re: Saw Alive Horror Maze - Reduced opening for 2012 season

by Adz » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:27 pm

Those opening times haven't been updated yet.

Saw Alive is very much open on peak days.

TT Member
User

Scary Sarah

by Scary Sarah » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:11 pm

They 100% have been updated on Thorpe's website and staff who work in the attraction have been advised.
TT Member
User

John

by John » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:53 pm

ScareTOUR contacted Thorpe about the closure of Saw Alive, and posted this reply from the park on their facebook page:

THORPE PARK wrote:"After careful consideration, we have made the decision to restrict the 2012 opening days of SAW Alive to just the Fright Nights period. We are sorry for any disappointment that this may cause but we are excited at the prospect of working on the attraction to ensure that when it returns over the Halloween period it will truly live up to it's  description as the world's most extreme live action horror maze.

I'm now eagerly awaiting the new version of the park map featuring Asylum*, Experiment 10*, Se7en* and the Curse*

*restricted opening times, see website for details.
TT Member
User

TB2

by TB2 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:51 pm

John wrote:I'm now eagerly awaiting the new version of the park map featuring Asylum*, Experiment 10*, Se7en* and the Curse*

*restricted opening times, see website for details.

They've had restricted opening hours during fright nights for several years now.
Edit- Missed the joke  :oops:
Last edited by TB2 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

TT Member
User

Islander

by Islander » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:56 pm

^Think you've kinda missed John's joke, there...
TT Member
User

Tom G

by Tom G » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Poor show, this will be felt particularly on busy days.

User

SpinballEdders

by SpinballEdders » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Now that it's only open for Halloween, I suspect that it will close at the end of the year. New flat in 2012/13 anyone?
TT Member
User

Magrathea

by Magrathea » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Fairly predictable move, and given that it's hardly been the most popular attraction in the world it can now sit there as a nice massive advert for Fright Nights at least!

My sympathies, however, are with the ents staff who'll now have nothing to do, especially now that it would seem the Showcase show hasn't returned for this year (well, the sign's back up, but no back wall of the stage has been put up, meaning the Asylum entrance is not disguised in the slightest!)
Team Admin
User

Adz

by Adz » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:36 pm

Very very strange...

Last I heard the park were discussing getting it open more often! Typical Merlin to do the complete and utter opposite.

I'm not expecting any changes for Fright Nights really. Unless they reactivate a lot of the effects which were deactivated just before the attraction opened to the public...

TT Member
User

thefatone

by thefatone » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:01 pm

It's bland and it's old.. mazes get old very quickly particularly when open throughout the season.

I believe this was always intended to be the last season of alive anyway? Not too fussed to see it gone.

User

SAM93

by SAM93 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:16 pm

It has to be said this is an incredibly poor show, even if it wasn't the best attraction in the park. But, the fact is, it is a supporting addition to one of the parks most recent major coasters, and is only 2 years old! It opened with the intent of being a year round horror maze for the park, why should this change now? Okay, I can agree with not opening it on school days, maybe even some weekends, however, in my eyes it should definitely be opened on bank holidays and school holiday periods.

All in all not a good state of affairs! Poor show Thorpe/Merlin :(

The only way I will possibly let it slide, is if they continue to use the actors around The Swarm, all year round and don't let them disappear like Towers did with the Wraiths!

User

djtruefitt

by djtruefitt » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:56 pm

I imagine there wont be any actors anywhere. If they have them around The Swarm, they mights as well just keep them in the Saw maze.

Didnt someone post recently saying that all the actor were sorted for the rest of the year? Does that mean they will just be leaving, or maybe they will keep some for the Swarm area.
TT Member
User

mrbrightside

Saw Alive Horror Maze - Reduced opening for 2012 season

by mrbrightside » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:29 pm

Eh?!

They don't take trains off rides to INCREASE their queue times... And scare mazes at Halloween don't send off a group unless there is enough people.

I don't want to get into a large debate over disabilities and carers. But your idea of 3+ carers to be allowed on rides with disabled people is crazy. I'm all for assisting those who cannot queue... But to allow a very large group to skip the queue seems very unfair...
ImageImage

User

SpinballEdders

by SpinballEdders » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:51 pm

On the topic of Disabilities and carers, I used to get one everytime I went to Thorpe (And Chessie) but now just don't bother anymore.

Besides, I could only get the because I have a disability But I have a Mental one, not a physical one I only got it because I could anyway. Now my last 3 visits to Thorpe I've queued up and I didn't mind it to be honest. I managed to get on 7 rides as well (including SWARM 4 times)

But I don't bother with it anymore because of the times. If I went on Colossus and it had a 90 Minute queue, then I would Have to Kill time by just wondering around the park and Going on the Lesser great rides.

That said,I actually quite like queueing and chatting to my mates, it makes it go quicker in a way!

:)

TT Member
User

thefatone

by thefatone » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:53 pm

Disabled policy is brilliant now. The whole reason the cards there is so that people do queue same length as the other rides - and it reduces the disabled queue anyway.

For the overwhelmingly amount of people using the disabled queue, is because they cannot understand/cope with the concept of queueing (such as those with aspergers). So to have a disabled queue would be silly.

As for less disabled visitors visiting, I highly doubt this. They're stricter on who can receive it now - so there's no abuse of the system, less queues for disabled visitors, and anyone who rightly should receive ease of access does so. No more of these people pretending to be disabled with crutches, or people with dyslexia using the wristbands.

BUT this is the wrong topic for all this. Saw maze has reduced opening, oh wells ;)
Last edited by thefatone on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TT Member
User

Scary Sarah

by Scary Sarah » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:35 pm

damos1 wrote:
Scary Sarah wrote:Saw Alive has now been closed until Fright Nights according to the website opening times .

I have just looked for that, Cannot find it, Although I have found we have lost an hour from fright nights!!! :roll:  :censored:

Just like when Towers used to close at 10 pm :roll:

On the Thorpe website - click on Saw Alive and then the opening times tab. 
TT Member
User

Wedjie

by Wedjie » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:05 pm

According to staff yesterday they have scrapped the plans to even open at Fright Nights this year.

No completely SBNO, pending removal :/
Forum Leader
User

Danny

by Danny » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:16 pm

When you go onto saw alive if you click ' see what days you can experience saw alive' it just takes you to the reviews page. It's a shame but it looks like that's the end for saw alive
Team Admin
User

Adz

by Adz » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:58 pm

According to staff yesterday they have scrapped the plans to even open at Fright Nights this year.

No completely SBNO, pending removal :/

Completely untrue. Saw Alive will reopen for Fright Nights exactly as planned. It's a major part of this years event marketing.

However, Saw Alive will never be open in the regular season so I wouldn't be surprised to see it removed from the website. Just like the rest of the mazes (except Experiment 10/My Bloody Valentine) it is set up year round just for convenience.
PreviousNext