Discussion on the island like no other.
TT Member
User

Horras64

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train

by Horras64 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:21 pm

It's a shame if they have removed the head in a jar photo, I never managed to get one as it was always 'closed'. Maybe that's why they've removed it, if they have even removed it. I'm definitely not a fan of that yellow wood just after the rusted metal enclosed bit, is that temporary or what?

Edit: Or is that yet to be painted? It's rather odd.
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:30 pm

They still have over a week so I imagine there's a bit to do yet! :)
TT Member
User

rolicoli8

by rolicoli8 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:33 pm

It looks as though the idea of a scare maze on the end may be likely to be happening.
-There is a door now at the end of the corridor where the photo screens used to start.
-The 'luggage' sign has been covered up by that new bit outside, along with them not using the baggage hold at the end of last season
-The window of the shop appears to have a black curtain over it stopping light coming in.
The story would've had to be altered at the end as well to allow another scare style bit on the end to work, but we're expecting different VR footage in the second half at least anyway.
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:39 pm

I don't think it's wise to judge anything just yet, seeing as it's still under construction!

Any multitude of things could be coming to the attractions finale, it may be as simple as a scare maze or it may be some kind of monster animatronic finale - who knows. Although Derren has openly stated he wouldn't want Ghost Train to feature any kind of maze, so we'll see...

Not long now! :D
TT Member
User

rolicoli8

by rolicoli8 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:25 pm

There's definitely something there, maybe not a scare maze... but something :)
TT Member
User

Count-Vonduel

by Count-Vonduel » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:41 pm

Anyone want to take bets on when they will close it permanently? (Its happened to saw, and let's be honest they have made up there mind to perma close IaC!)
And what actor-led attraction will they stupidly replace it with?
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:46 pm

I'd say maybe 20 years minimum. Considering Saw is a horror maze and the IAC contract runs out this year I'm not surprised they closed (also IAC has been very consistent with actor use). Ghost Train is completely different in that many actors are needed to run the attraction and so the double up as operators as well as actors.

Again, I'd say wait and see what it's like this year as we may see the number of staff needed fall. :)
TT Member
User

MakoMania

by MakoMania » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:24 am

I suppose the saving grace with DBGT is that it can be updated regularly pretty cheaply.

There are certainly better ways to spend the budget that this thing had, but hey ho we've got what we've got. Hope it improves a lot this year!
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Wave Breaker: Intamin launch coaster coming to SeaWorld San Antonio in 2017!

SeaWorld has rescued over 30,000 animals!
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:45 am

Here are some updates from Theme Park Guide!

It seems there are more photo viewing points, they were just hiding!

More shots or the new shop and ride exterior...

I've done a very rough drawing of the current changes to the ride.

Red = New Scene
Blue = Shop
Green = Enclosed Queue Area

TT Member
User

Callum_090

by Callum_090 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:44 pm

From the photos taken, I've noticed the posters in the queue line have been ripped apart, does that mean they have got ridden of the idea of fracking and now it is just based off real monsters and not imaging them from breathing in the gas?
TT Member
User

theparklifekid

by theparklifekid » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:28 pm

https://twitter.com/THORPEPARK/status/843454279415341058

A new BTS video on the making of Rise of the Demon. By the looks of it we will see people in the VR headsets instead of an empty carriage. Not sure about you, but this is making me really excited to try it out!
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
TT Member
User

temleh

by temleh » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:15 pm

Spoiler!
The "shop" is not all what it seems to be...
TT Member
User

ThemeParkCrafter

by ThemeParkCrafter » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:44 pm

What do you mean?
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:52 pm

Spoiler!
It's now got even more expensive merch!!! :O
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:18 am

BREAKING NEWS!

It seems the launch of Derren Brown's Ghost Train will be world exclusive! :lol

In all seriousness it's interesting the queue time board is still being customised, now with the ride logo and 'opens 31st March'.

The new tunnel has so been covered in wood now, and I expect it'll be painted to match the existing structures - thank god it won't look awful!

Credit to Scream Seekers.
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:22 pm

The latest edition of AM2 Attractions Magazine has people explaining their experience from the VR testers, what they had to say was certainly interesting...

Tom Antsey - News Editor wrote:Derren Brown promised to up the scares for his ghost train in 2017 and that’s exactly what he’s done. If you had the chance to experience the ride in 2016, you’ll know it starts off with a creepy tone, before turning into what feels like the end of an action movie. While a very enjoyable experience, customers said they wanted more fear, and that’s what this new version, Rise of the Demon, delivers. The footage from the test, released by Thorpe Park as part of the ride’s advertising campaign, was the VR element of the ride. Starting off in a familiar setting, the experience quickly goes down the avenue of horror, delivering a chilling experience based in reality that gives you that feeling elicited from only the most iconic of horror movies. If the trial run was anything to go by, then Rise of the Demon is going to set the standard for such attractions in the future

Alice Davis - Managing Editor wrote:When we went to trial a beta version of some of the new VR content for Derren Brown’s Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon, I wasn’t worried. I’d been on the ride in its launch year last summer. I knew what to expect, and the engineers and technicians just wanted to see our reactions. However, the experience was more physically and psychologically terrifying than I’d expected, thanks to an authentic narrative that elicits a real sense of claustrophobia. The story plays, not least, on the human fear of being trapped in the dark, and like in any decent horror story there are genuine jumpy frights. Not for those of a nervous disposition.
Team Media
User

hursty

by hursty » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:32 pm

World exclusive launch? Wow, that's brilliant!

The bottom end of the shop, now looks like this;

There is more photos in the SP MAP Preview article

TT Member
User

Callum_090

by Callum_090 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:00 am

Have you noticed that the posters in the queue line have been ripped apart, does that mean they have got ridden of the idea of fracking and now it is just based off real monsters and not imaging them from breathing in the gas?
TT Member
User

NemesisRider

by NemesisRider » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:14 am

I believe the posters will have been ripped apart by guests, weather and just regular wear and tear.
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"
TT Member
User

timmy1372

by timmy1372 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:19 am

I didn't realise it's not open until the end of march, bummer, I'm going early next week.
PreviousNext