Discussion on the island like no other.
Community Advocate
User

Owen

Re: Derren Brown's Ghost Train

by Owen » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:45 pm

wamdue wrote:so what is this ride anyways, do you sit in a train carriage, with VR headset and the train being moved to match what head set?

Like Lewis says there's a bit more to it than that, and with new sections being added and changed this year no one can really say what will or won't go on! :P

TT Member
User

wamdue

by wamdue » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:00 pm

lewis97 wrote:
wamdue wrote:so what is this ride anyways, do you sit in a train carriage, with VR headset and the train being moved to match what head set?

I guess that's a crude summary of it, but there's a little more to it than that :P
remind me not to write any flowerly press releases for Merlin then ;)
Team Admin
User

Adz

by Adz » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:21 pm

Re: Rise Of The Demon

The ride has undergone some pretty major changes this closed season, it's way more than a simple VR update.

Aside from the structural changes and the new finale, there has been extensive changes to some of the ride hardware and to the technology used. Ultimately this should make the whole attraction much more reliable and less prone to shutdowns. :)
Community Advocate
User

Luce

by Luce » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:35 pm

It's good to know that TP have been working on not only the additional experience but also the technology aspect to ensure it's more reliable. I'm certainly looking forward to finding out what's in store as despite the breakdowns it had, I still love the ghost train and how impressive it is as a whole.

TT Member
User

NeoXIII

by NeoXIII » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:36 pm

Am curious how the changes will work out in the end! Thought I could experience it at the Annual Pass Day, but park already confirmed it won't be open for that day. Oh well!
Community Advocate
User

Owen

by Owen » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:58 pm

Based on recent rumblings some aren't anticipating it'll be ready until April - so I'd be aware of that. We will find out in March though! :D
TT Member
User

rolicoli8

by rolicoli8 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:36 pm

Also nice to know that Derren hasn't completely abandoned the project after all...
Community Advocate
User

Owen

by Owen » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:08 pm

You can now win the chance to go to the the press party, showing that this is being treated like an entirely new experience.

You will win 4 tickets, all you have to do is take a photo of your best "demon face" and upload it to instagram or Twitter using the hashtag "#demonface"!

Community Advocate
User

Owen

by Owen » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:22 pm

A new Annual Pass email has more or less confirmed that Ghost Train will not be opening with the park.

Annual Pass Email wrote:Experience Derren Brown’s Ghost Train: Rise Of The Demon

Visit the UK’s only exhilarating Island destination from 23rd March and enjoy over 30 rides, attractions and live events. NEW for 2017, experience an all new terrifying destination on Derren Brown’s Ghost Train: Rise Of The Demon....ARRIVING SOON!*
Team Admin
User

Adz

by Adz » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:53 pm

rolicoli8 wrote:Also nice to know that Derren hasn't completely abandoned the project after all...

Derren has been very much involved throughout the project and right through this past closed season.

His name is above the door, so that helps!
Team TTSP
User

lewis97

by lewis97 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:51 pm

It seems the reference to 7th March as the day for announcing an opening date has been removed from Thorpe's recent blog post and the MAP FAQ that it featured in...
TT Member
User

rolicoli8

by rolicoli8 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:05 pm

Gotta be honest, doesn't exactly fill me with hope when they can't even stick to an opening date announcement date...

They haven't even said anything or apologised, just denying they ever said it..?
TT Member
User

NeoXIII

by NeoXIII » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:16 am

rolicoli8 wrote:Gotta be honest, doesn't exactly fill me with hope when they can't even stick to an opening date announcement date...

They haven't even said anything or apologised, just denying they ever said it..?

I dunno, much prefer to not have a fixed opening day and all teething problems gone, rather than a date that gets pushed around all the time. :P
TT Member
User

ThemeCrafter264

by ThemeCrafter264 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:52 pm

It really never fills me with confidence when I messaged thorpe park about opening day and got this 'We are no longer looking for volunteers for this experiment. More detail will be released soon...'

And now, they said 'No we haven't, nobody knows the opening day yet.'...
Team Admin
User

Ladyofthelake

by Ladyofthelake » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:31 pm

Thorpe Park have sent out some further details regarding Rise of the Demon today as reported by SouthParks News

Whilst it hasn't been confirmed what the extension will contain, the Resort have said that the new destination will involve a deleted scene, as well as improved VR. I'm cautiously optimistic about this and can't wait to try it :)
Forum Leader
User

Danny

by Danny » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:07 pm

I'm personally really looking forward to seeing all he changes. I loved in in 2016 so any improvements/additions is a win in my eyes :)
TT Member
User

ThemeCrafter264

by ThemeCrafter264 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:24 am

Behind the scenes video of dbgt: ROTD is up: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rmTFAiUeZRw From what it looks like there is some sort sort of really life demon or puppet/ costume, previewed at the end.

Edit. I just found another video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RT9QQjS5EW8

TT Member
User

streetmagix

by streetmagix » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:46 am

Thanks ThemeParkCrafter, great to see that Derren is still actively involved with his pet project. There was some seriously impressive stuff on display there, great stuff. Odd that they are using an Oculus Rift where as the attraction uses HTC Vive. Not a big thing in the grand scheme of things though.

TT Member
User

Callum_090

by Callum_090 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:46 pm

Spoiler!
Do you remember that tunnel from the action scene that had the fake train coming down? And do you remember the train not working through the last few weeks before the park closed for the season? What if this tunnel is going to be accessible for this new journey and the train was not working as they planned to remove it?
Community Advocate
User

Owen

by Owen » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:28 pm

Spoiler!
I very much doubt it, the map still has the reference to the scene in it and the way the scene is designed it wouldn't make sense really...

Also I think it's time to whip out the old spoiler tags again!
PreviousNext