UK theme parks from another point of view!

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park - Hotel Discussion

Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:07 pm

I like how Shark rhymes with Park, thus creating Thorpe Shark! :D It does look like a nice concept. I hope they've made some effort to hide the shipping containers. This could turn out rather well. Well done Thorpe!*

*First time I've meant that honestly since 2006! :P

lf2001
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:56 pm

It looks like Alton have some competition of they're planning to make this new accommodation!

Danny
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Thorpe Park Shark Hotel

Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:56 pm

JUST FOUND THIS:
http://www.thorpepark.com/shark-hotel/

THORPE PARK Resort has a new addition to the thrilling line up this year as the Park opens the brand new THORPE SHARK Hotel, adding even more bite to a fun packed visit to the UK’'s most thrilling theme park.

The new look Hotel situated on the ‘THORPE PARK Resort Island’ features 90 shark-tastic rooms in a stunning waterfront location, only a fin away from iconic world class rollercoasters.

After a thrill-packed day on Park, the THORPE SHARK Hotel is guaranteed to give the most excitable sleeper a great night’s rest in smartly designed bite-sized rooms sleeping up to four people with rain shower wet rooms, air-con, free Wifi, changeable mood lighting, flat screen TV entertainment packages including Angry Birds App and on-demand movie service featuring a chance to enjoy legendary shark-themed movies.

Perfect for families and friends, staying on Park is a unique sleepover experience with exclusive ‘first to ride*’ rollercoaster access before the gates opens.

And the thrills continue after hours with a mix of chilled-out evening entertainment, exclusive Summer Nights ride specials and awesome Club Nights hosted by world famous brands (on selected nights) PLUS new for 2014 THORPE PARK Resort Live! a season that showcases undiscovered musical talent.

Short break packages start from just £39.99* per person based on 4 sharing and include two day Park tickets, selected evening entertainment, breakfast, free car parking and ‘first to ride*’ experience.

* Subject to availability

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:07 pm

It makes be giggle every time I read 'THORPE PARK Resort'. :P

Funster
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:00 pm

I am a new map holder and just tried to book The Shark Hotel during easter hols and clicked the map link at the top...but coming up with same price as non map holders. Does anyone know if this is because its during the holidays or do map holders get preferential rates during hols too ?

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:29 pm

Thorpe Park Resort has today submitted a planning application for the entrance structure to The Shark Hotel. The pictures below are taken from the planning application. What do we think?

Jack
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:13 pm

Nice to see referencing to past names for rides ;)

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:23 pm

Its funky and different, but it also looks like a wreck. Fair play to Thorpe though for being green

SuperWill
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:05 pm

I stayed at the Thorpe Shark Hotel on Wednesday and I thought it was nice! The room poster was fantastic as it said "An island like no other!" and the poster could glow in different colours! We stayed on the lower floor looking towards the lake. The other side was still building rooms. In the evening, The Dome had an evening quiz to win some Fastracks! Unfortunately, my Dad didn't win the quiz. It was a lovely night with the sun going down and see the coasters being put to bed. :) In the morning, we had breakfast and waited for the Early Ride Time. We got told by a security man to stay in The Dome! We were only looking at the rides! When the clock struck 9:15, we went down to the gate near The Swarm for Early Ride Time! We waited for 15 minutes and in the end we got no Early Ride Time! Very disappointed! Apart from that, great hotel and I would recommend anyone to stay at the Thorpe Shark Hotel! :D

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D

Danny
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Re: Thorpe Park - Shark Hotel Discussion

Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:25 pm

Today TP put on instagram a picture of the completed Shark structure that goes over the bridge. It was a joke about Suarez saying 'we bite back' :lol:

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:01 pm

They stole the image off someone's post from their forum.

Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:02 pm

DannyG wrote:
Today TP put on instagram a picture of the completed Shark structure that goes over the bridge. It was a joke about Suarez saying 'we bite back' :lol:

Actually Danny it was "The new THORPE SHARK Hotel won't bite"

Danny
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:17 pm

Dan.N wrote:
DannyG wrote:

Actually Danny it was "The new THORPE SHARK Hotel won't bite"

No it wasn't, it was 'we'll bite back!'

Just incase anyone tries to argue further here's a screenshot as proof ;)

Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:33 pm

I stand corrected :P

The one I was thinking of was on Facebook, I just assumed that they used the same line for all social media platforms :(

leammiles
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:02 pm

There don't seem to be many reviews for the Shark Hotel so I thought I would add my experience.

I went for Fright Nights which cost £114 per person.

This included two days entry into the park, a night in the hotel and breakfast the next morning.

The hotel staff were all friendly enough, we were booked in within minutes and they gave us plenty of information about what they offered.

As part of Fright Nights they offered "Gory Stories" round a campfire at 10.30pm after the park closed. The dome was also kept open past midnight for drinks and entertainment.

The actual stories were pretty fun, even though it only lasted 10 minutes in total.

While the stories were being told there were actors stood around in the crowd to enhance the story telling by either making people jump or screaming from a distance to make it sound like a ghost.

As for the actual hotel, the rooms are quite small but if you are going to enjoy two days on the park, you will hardly be in the room.

With the room, you also get a wristband which gives you fast track access to all rides for the first hour of the day. We managed to get on Nemesis inferno, colossus, saw and stealth all within the first hour of the fast track. So even on the busier days, staying in the hotel can really give you a headstart on ride counts.

daveclarkedaveclarke
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:46 am

leammiles wrote:
There don't seem to be many reviews for the Shark Hotel so I thought I would add my experience.

I went for Fright Nights which cost £114 per person.

This included two days entry into the park, a night in the hotel and breakfast the next morning.

The hotel staff were all friendly enough, we were booked in within minutes and they gave us plenty of information about what they offered.

As part of Fright Nights they offered "Gory Stories" round a campfire at 10.30pm after the park closed. The dome was also kept open past midnight for drinks and entertainment.

The actual stories were pretty fun, even though it only lasted 10 minutes in total.

While the stories were being told there were actors stood around in the crowd to enhance the story telling by either making people jump or screaming from a distance to make it sound like a ghost.

As for the actual hotel, the rooms are quite small but if you are going to enjoy two days on the park, you will hardly be in the room.

With the room, you also get a wristband which gives you fast track access to all rides for the first hour of the day. We managed to get on Nemesis inferno, colossus, saw and stealth all within the first hour of the fast track. So even on the busier days, staying in the hotel can really give you a head start on ride counts.

This is very similar to my experience's. Ive stayed twice now and both times had good stays. The first hour fast track is really good when me and my partner was there during fright nights we did Saw x 3, Colosus and the swarm x 2 all before 11am.

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:23 pm

Hi,

I'm due to stay in the hotel in the next 2 weeks. I'm driving down and staying a night and 2 days at the park.

Is there anything I need to do to get the most out of the experience as there is free fastback for an hour and chance on the night to win more prizes? And help guys?

Thank you :)

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:03 pm

What is Thorpe's policy on food? Would it be ok if I was to, say, order a pizza to the gate and take it into the hotel in the evening? Last visit I booked a restaurant which is a pain and there was an argument between a member of my party and the restaurant over a service charge, and I had to get up at 4 in the morning to take my bro to hospital for food poisoning, and I just can't be fussed with that mess again :P Just wanna say 'Ya'll can sort out your own food, people!'

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:08 pm

I don't think the pizza would be able to get into the park depending on when you order due to the gates being closed. By restaurant do you mean Fins Bar, as if not that will be open for food. :)

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:16 pm

Nah this was some Italian place down the road. What time does the gate close? Also, what's are the food and prices like in Fins?