UK theme parks from another point of view!

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Logger's Leap

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:44 pm

That's some extremely specific wording there, suspiciously so.  Fingers crossed for a Tiger Rock makeover...

If it is gone for good they absolutely need to replace it with a good family ride. 

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:02 pm

So the Twitter language for Logger's Leap has gone back to being under redevelopment, with a hope that it will "splash back" soon. The person asking the question about Loggers status did query their previous messages that it was no longer an attraction and got the second reply.

So good new for Logger's? Or bad news for a potential roller coaster in the area? 

Although given the state of the site, seemingly leaving it to rot is a strange way of redeveloping it back into a usable state.

Source: Thorpe Park Twitter 1 and Twitter 2.

Qzzb_UK
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:04 pm

Surely it just means someone else is answering the Twitter with a copy and paste??

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:10 pm

Qzzb_UK wrote:
Surely it just means someone else is answering the Twitter with a copy and paste??

I'd expect that statements about Logger's have been copy/paste jobs for a fair while, to ensure the same message is given regardless of who is managing the account that day. Assuming someone hasn't got old information, as this is pretty much the reply they gave over a year ago to people asking, then this is a turn around of the previous message that was given several times a few months ago stating that Logger's was no longer a ride.  

Qzzb_UK
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:11 pm

I have never known thorpes media team to be that consistent at the best of times. So anything on there I wouldn’t pay too much notice to about upcoming stuff.

Htjc_
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:54 am

Could this be a subtle hint that Loggers opens back up finally in March?
Attachments
Screenshot_20181113-055135_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20181113-055135_Twitter.jpg (794.18 KiB) Viewed 268 times
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:45 am

It could be Thorpe playing with us. They are well known of doing that!

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:24 am

Been burnt too many times by their social media. In my view they seem to think that continually suggesting things they know not to be happening, to get a response online, is good marketing. Bonus if they can then get people in the community to mock others for "falling" for it. Given they couldn't even get the basics correct like opening dates and parking charges, I think the social media is far disconnected from any actual management decisions and information. Personally I just ignore them now, unless it is a branded official announcement.

From the state of Loggers Leap, I would find it highly doubtful to be returning, especially in the new year. It would probably need 12 months of work to get the site back up and usable again.

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:10 am

Just so you guys know. Thorpe have confirmed that's not actually from Logger's Leap. It's from Rock Express's queue line. It's just little hearted teasing
I'm the boy with the bubbles

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:20 am

Yep, about to say, right on cue from Thorpe.

Htjc_
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:33 pm

Well, I should have seen that coming... I'll have to try to be a bit more conscious next time!
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:59 pm

They can't be trusted :lol In a way, it could devalue their social media channels if they post too many as wind ups as people will think their posts are unreliable.

They could have stated it was Rocky in their original post, but instead the lead people and got people again :lol Good going, Thorpe :lol

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:13 pm

Justin wrote:
They could have stated it was Rocky in their original post, but instead the lead people and got people again :lol Good going, Thorpe :lol

Mountain Construction? :P

But yep, I can see their social media following a The Boy Who Cried Wolf style fate, with no one believing them when they actually have something to say. I know I won't until I see the plans listed with the local council.

But on a positive side, their later post gave a little bit of insight into winter work at the park. Whilst this is completely unrelated to Loggers, I hope we see more of this style of content from them and a bit more behind the scenes of actual Thorpe Park things. As they're clearly wanting to talk to us all over the closed season. :D