UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
User avatar
AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 196
Joined: March 2017
Location: Pleasure Island's Tommy Tinkaboo Sweet Adventure
Contact:

Re: Stealth

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:15 pm

Brilliant but he called stealth the scariest rollercoaster in the world. So disappointing.
Image
Follow theleafletarchive on Instagram!
 
User avatar
Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 2133
Joined: April 2014
Location: TTSP Forum
Contact:

Re: Stealth

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:18 pm

This was first broadcasted in 2010.
Image
Image
 
User avatar
AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 196
Joined: March 2017
Location: Pleasure Island's Tommy Tinkaboo Sweet Adventure
Contact:

Re: Stealth

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:43 pm

Still with kingda ka being double the height...
Image
Follow theleafletarchive on Instagram!
 
streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 128
Joined: April 2016
Location: London, UK

Re: Stealth

Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:09 pm

I've heard some reports of Stealth rolling back a couple of times this week. Surprising as I thought the upgrade a couple of years ago made a rollback very unlikely. Maybe related to that planned maintenance a couple of weeks ago?
 
User avatar
Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 2605
Joined: June 2009
Location: Lincoln

Re: Stealth

Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:24 pm

streetmagix wrote:
I've heard some reports of Stealth rolling back a couple of times this week. Surprising as I thought the upgrade a couple of years ago made a rollback very unlikely. Maybe related to that planned maintenance a couple of weeks ago?


The planned maintenance was the annual launch cable change.

I'm not saying I don't believe you but given how unlikely it is for Stealth to rollback now, if it had I dare say we would have seen something more concrete about it by now.

What reports have you heard/seen to suggest that this happened?
Image
 
User avatar
lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 4409
Joined: November 2012
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Stealth

Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:50 pm

Dan wrote:
The planned maintenance was the annual launch cable change.

Just as a side note - if I'm remembering correctly from the Summer Sizzler BTS, the launch cable is now changed every six months, i.e. once during closed season and once half way through the season (hence July).
Image
 
User avatar
Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 2605
Joined: June 2009
Location: Lincoln

Re: Stealth

Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:06 am

lewis97 wrote:
Dan wrote:
The planned maintenance was the annual launch cable change.

Just as a side note - if I'm remembering correctly from the Summer Sizzler BTS, the launch cable is now changed every six months, i.e. once during closed season and once half way through the season (hence July).


Annual in-season change ;)
Image
 
streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 128
Joined: April 2016
Location: London, UK

Re: Stealth

Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:57 am

Dan wrote:
streetmagix wrote:
I've heard some reports of Stealth rolling back a couple of times this week. Surprising as I thought the upgrade a couple of years ago made a rollback very unlikely. Maybe related to that planned maintenance a couple of weeks ago?


The planned maintenance was the annual launch cable change.

I'm not saying I don't believe you but given how unlikely it is for Stealth to rollback now, if it had I dare say we would have seen something more concrete about it by now.

What reports have you heard/seen to suggest that this happened?

Healthy skepticism is always good :) It was over in the MAP Facebook Group, one on Saturday and one from last week. It just stood out to me as I've not heard of a rollback in years. 
Interesting that they now have a fixed schedule for the cable replacement. Was it once over winter before? Or just ad-hoc?

(EDIT: It was last Tuesday: https://forum.maniahub.com/topic/4771-s ... ent=251341 and Yesterday. FB is closed so I can't link! Considering how busy Thorpe has been I don't think 2 in a week is especially high to be honest)
 
Collossalsaw
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 3
Joined: May 2018

Re: Stealth

Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:02 pm

Had a few maintenance issues today wasn’t open the majority of the day. Was running one cart in the time it was open but to be honest I don’t think it was anything significant.
 
User avatar
Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 355
Joined: April 2018

Re: Stealth

Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:53 am

It's back up and running this morning :)

Edit: Looks like it died again by the afternoon :(

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], Zero666 and 36 guests