UK theme parks from another point of view!

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Stealth

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:15 pm

Brilliant but he called stealth the scariest rollercoaster in the world. So disappointing.
GodBlessTeaTowels

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:18 pm

This was first broadcasted in 2010.

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:43 pm

Still with kingda ka being double the height...
GodBlessTeaTowels

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:09 pm

I've heard some reports of Stealth rolling back a couple of times this week. Surprising as I thought the upgrade a couple of years ago made a rollback very unlikely. Maybe related to that planned maintenance a couple of weeks ago?

Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:24 pm

streetmagix wrote:
I've heard some reports of Stealth rolling back a couple of times this week. Surprising as I thought the upgrade a couple of years ago made a rollback very unlikely. Maybe related to that planned maintenance a couple of weeks ago?

The planned maintenance was the annual launch cable change.

I'm not saying I don't believe you but given how unlikely it is for Stealth to rollback now, if it had I dare say we would have seen something more concrete about it by now.

What reports have you heard/seen to suggest that this happened?

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:50 pm

Dan wrote:

Just as a side note - if I'm remembering correctly from the Summer Sizzler BTS, the launch cable is now changed every six months, i.e. once during closed season and once half way through the season (hence July).

Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:06 am

lewis97 wrote:
Dan wrote:

Just as a side note - if I'm remembering correctly from the Summer Sizzler BTS, the launch cable is now changed every six months, i.e. once during closed season and once half way through the season (hence July).

Annual in-season change ;)

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:57 am

Dan wrote:
streetmagix wrote:

I'm not saying I don't believe you but given how unlikely it is for Stealth to rollback now, if it had I dare say we would have seen something more concrete about it by now.

What reports have you heard/seen to suggest that this happened?

Healthy skepticism is always good :) It was over in the MAP Facebook Group, one on Saturday and one from last week. It just stood out to me as I've not heard of a rollback in years. 
Interesting that they now have a fixed schedule for the cable replacement. Was it once over winter before? Or just ad-hoc?

(EDIT: It was last Tuesday: https://forum.maniahub.com/topic/4771-s ... ent=251341 and Yesterday. FB is closed so I can't link! Considering how busy Thorpe has been I don't think 2 in a week is especially high to be honest)