UK theme parks from another point of view!

Chuck120
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Stealth!

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:56 pm

Yeah, you won't regret it. I've only done it once (going again in 2 weeks) but it was a real rush.
Just brilliant. However I still prefer Rita.

James6
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:02 pm

For me, they are both "Average" rides, what is there on both of them is great, but that's exactly it, there isn't much of either of them.

Stealth's position/launch etc is slightly better but then Rita's that slight bit longer. But both way too short. They are both relatively equal for me really, with the one I rode most recently likely to be the favourite at that moment in time.
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P

amylovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:00 pm

I always forget how much i enjoy Stealth until i go on it again. Theres no dought that it's a good ride, but the reliability is a joke - especially if you've travelled for 2 hours to get there.

What exactly were the original plans for Stealth as i have never heard of them? Or does anyone have any pictures of them? Thanks. :)
\'It is better for people to think you are stupid, than to speak out and remove all doubt in their mind.\'

James6
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:11 pm

^ Clone of Xcelerator at Knotts Berry Farm, basically a longer ride with high speed overbanks instead of the single airtime hill that we got.

I'm not really sure which I'd have preffered, a combination of the two would have been the best option.

Rathaus
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Huh... I've just noticed that every other Intamin launched with a top hat enters it to the right.. but Xcelerator enters to the left... bizarre.. :?

iriderides101
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:53 am

"Rathaus" wrote:
Huh... I've just noticed that every other Intamin launched with a top hat enters it to the right.. but Xcelerator enters to the left... bizarre.. :?

well it was the prototype, and where x celerator is located its to end of the park and on the other side is a road (if i remember right), so it probabaly made more senes to have it hat way.

I think thorpe went for the simple design simply for a better chance of the ride being approved, remember there were a lot of restrictions when it came to planning this coaster.

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:38 am

"iriderides101" wrote:
I think thorpe went for the simple design simply for a better chance of the ride being approved, remember there were a lot of restrictions when it came to planning this coaster.

The main restriction they'd have had issues with is height, though, so with that one clearing, there's no reason why the others wouldn't have. I think the main problem was just a lack of money...

Scott
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:08 pm

I rate Stealth as my 2nd favourite coaster, it might be a short ride and a fairly simple layout, but it does exactly what its meant to and offers a fantastic ride experience imo.

Only problem is its downtime, but that doesnt surprise me considering where its located!
Number ONE for Pleasure Beach Blackpool;
[url=http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com[/url]

Luce
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:04 pm

I don't mind Stealth even though it's not the best coaster I've been on but it certainly wakes you up if you go on it first thing! :D

Also I enjoy sitting with people who are riding it for the first time which I've done a few times through using the single rider queue - to see their reactions is fab! :D

CF1

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:34 am

I love it too. Stealth and Oblivion are my favortites.
I know Stealth have a lot of Technival Problems, but the Ride self, with the Theming and 70´s Sounds are brilliant.

ianzzr11
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:18 am

My 3 hour wait for Stealth was well worth. Watching maintenance guys spraying WD40 on it to get it going made me laugh. Because of Stealth my wife and I are going to USA next year for our 40ths to ride Top Rhrill. Anyone had a roll back on Stealth?

pixie-ro
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 16, 2010 6:37 pm

I rode Stealth for the first time yesterday, and in my humble opinion it is...AMAZING!

I'm not an expert on coasters and the technical stuff like most on here seem to be, but I know what I like - and I most definitely like Stealth! :clap:

tamtam86
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 17, 2010 2:29 pm

Stealth is definitely one of my favourite coasters in the UK. I much prefer it to Rita and get a huge adrenaline rush from it every time I ride it!

Madzieee
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 31, 2010 2:05 pm

I really want to go on stealth, I think I'd like those type of up and over rides, then I can work my way up to top thrill dragster and kingda ka (If it gets fixed from the lightening thing). It annoys me how America seems to have all the best rides and I just can't afford to go yet!

Khanage
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 31, 2010 8:11 pm

"Madzieee" wrote:
I really want to go on stealth, I think I'd like those type of up and over rides, then I can work my way up to top thrill dragster and kingda ka (If it gets fixed from the lightening thing). It annoys me how America seems to have all the best rides and I just can't afford to go yet!

America doesn't have all of the best rides but it certainly has some. I'd love to go but just can't afford it either. :(
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

James6
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 31, 2010 8:58 pm

To be honest, it shouldn't annoy you, over in the states they have (at a lot of parks) no limits on what they can build, no height or noise limits. Also add to that the fact there are hundreds more coasters and parks in the USA and your going to get more great rides.

The thing that annoys me is how parks can see how popular and how good a rides the new generation of wooden coasters are, and yet we are still to get one over here.

Anyway, had my first ride on Stealth this year a few weeks ago and my opinion hasn't really changed, still a good ride, but with obvious flaws, mainly length. That launch is incredible though, especially at the front.

Spike
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:23 pm

I've forgotten how it rides now to be honest. It's been closed each of our visits for the last 3 years. Pathetic really considering it's Midland counter-part hardly ever breaks.
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*

ShadowTD
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:59 pm

Had my first ever rollback on Stealth yesterday. Absolutely fantastic feeling!

Jem8472
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:05 pm

bet that was fun. I want to have a roll back on stealth

Blaze

Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:33 pm

Spike, that happened to me with Rita, I didn't get to ride it until 2008, and it's only since 2009 that it's been open on all my days on park, so it's not as if Rita is much better. That said the reliabilty does seem to be sorted now, though.

And I would love to be in a roll back, so, so much :D