Discussion on the island like no other.

Stealth

TT Member
User

emma_b_321

Re: Stealth!

by emma_b_321 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:55 pm

"ShadowTD" wrote:Had my first ever rollback on Stealth yesterday. Absolutely fantastic feeling!

Ooh I think I witnessed this rollback. Was eating lunch when I heard someone shout 'Rollback!', looked up to see Stealth pulling backwards into the station. Surprised to have caught one, first visit to Thorpe Park and have been lead to believe that they don't happen too often?
Went on it a few times hoping that it would happen again but to no such luck :cry:

TT Member
User

ShadowTD

by ShadowTD » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:14 pm

Yep - that was us! The camera triggered as well. I was highly tempted to buy the photo, but I've enough pictures of me looking gormless ;)

TT Member
User

Islander

by Islander » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:31 am

"emma_b_321" wrote:Surprised to have caught one, first visit to Thorpe Park and have been lead to believe that they don't happen too often?

If you take a look at the signs outside the queue, it's suggested that on average there are four rollbacks a day, which is quite often. I've certainly witnessed a fair few...
TT Member
User

starbugger1303

by starbugger1303 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:01 pm

According to a member of staff at Alton Towers on the behind the scenes tour of Th13teen, Stealth was supposed to be in Alton and Rita was supposed to be in TP. But because of height restraints AT couldnt have stealth.

User

Blaze

by Blaze » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:24 pm

That's just park staff doing wha park staff do best - joke! Stealth ws neve goin to be in Alton and vice versa :lol:

TT Member
User

Rollercoaster5000

by Rollercoaster5000 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:28 pm

I think you'll find that what you have just mentioned is most probably untrue. Rita was always intended for Alton and Stealth was intended for Thorpe. Tussauds would have already known that they couldn't install Stealth at Alton due to the restrictions.
TT Member
User

starbugger1303

by starbugger1303 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:37 pm

Ahhhh. Ok :P

TT Member
User

Merlin

by Merlin » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:02 pm

"starbugger1303" wrote:According to a member of staff at Alton Towers on the behind the scenes tour of Th13teen, Stealth was supposed to be in Alton and Rita was supposed to be in TP. But because of height restraints AT couldnt have stealth.

I've been told a similar story by the staff at Thorpe Park Guest services. I have already posted the following elsewhere on this forum.

"I visit Thorpe early last month and got speaking to the women in the guest services about Stealth, they said that Stealth and Rita is one ride split into two. Originally the 200ft top hatting on Stealth was planned to be at the start of Rita, but planning permision for Alton would not allow for the height, but Thorpe did not have room for the full ride, so they split the ride into two with Thorpe having the start of the ride and Alton having the rest of the ride. "

Please note that the staff was not joking. It was a very sincere conversation!

It would be interesting to find out the real story behind all these stories?

User

[Archive]

by [Archive] » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:34 pm

They would have been joking. A lot more thought, believe it or not, goes into a new rollercoaster than:

"Let's make an Intamin Accelerator coaster in Ug Land!"
"Yeah, wikid. Here, I have drawn a layout plan."
"Cool. Oh, darn I forgot about the height limit."
"Oops. Hey, Thorpe Park's limits are much higher. We could split the plan in two, problem solved!"
"Yeah, wikid. Have one ride with the start and one ride on the other side of the country with the end! The GP will love it and we will get loads of money!"

The people who plan these projects would be clever enough to know what can and can't be done. No matter how mediocre the two rides might seem sometimes!

TT Member
User

Merlin

by Merlin » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:54 pm

I just got the impression that the whole concept of rita/stealth as one ride never got past the concept stage and into propper planning for the simple reason that planning permision and space was going to be very difficult. So the idea was split before the actual plans were drawn up. This is how I have interperated it?

Don't forget the recent reveal of the concept of the idea of the woody across the AT valley that has been dropped and the potential of a steel one across the valley which is unlikely to get planning permision. These are just concept ideas before they go to planning.

or like you said, it could have started of as a joke/rumour amonst the staff hence the variantion in the rumors.

I'm personally am just interested in finding out more and if any one else knew the truth behind this.

User

Blaze

by Blaze » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:44 pm

The truth is Tussauds decided Alton needed a coaster. They also wanted a new coaster for Thorpe. They noticed Intamin's accelerator model was becoming more and more popular, but had not been built over here yet. They went to Intamin and asked for one for Alton. They then decided that seeing they were already getting one Intamin launch, they could kill two birds with one stone and asked for another to be built. They wanted a twiter model for Alton and a top hat model for Thorpe, which had to have it's hight limit raised. The nice locals ageed and Stealth was built. The rumour of them being two rides split or anything is completely unfounded, they are two seperate rides.
TT Member
User

TheBoyWithOneEye

Stealth

by TheBoyWithOneEye » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:02 pm

I think i remember seeing a topic about what songs are played in the stealth area but i cant find it!

So does any one have a list of the songs or give me the lnk to the over topic if it exsists so that i can download on to my phone ? Thanks :D
TT Member
User

Altitude

Re: Stealth Music Loop

by Altitude » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:39 am

TT Member
User

silenthillXD

by silenthillXD » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:56 am

^ Those are the Tidal Wave ones, the stealth ones I remember are:
(Sorry they don't have the artist)

At the hop
Tequila
Johnny Remember Me
I Get Around
Barbara Ann
A Little Less Conversation
Papa's Got A Brand New Bag
The Big Bounce
Blue Moon
Shortnin' Bread
Jailhouse Rock
Good Vibrations
Everybody's Talking

Hope that helps!
TT Member
User

TheBoyWithOneEye

by TheBoyWithOneEye » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:04 am

Thanks so much! :D both your repiles were very helpful :P
TT Member
User

awsomelycoolboy

Stealth Roll Backs

by awsomelycoolboy » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:01 am

Ok, firstly let me out this out there. I searched and didn't find a topic on this, but if there is one, please may you message me and I'll post it in the correct place. Then this topic may be locked. Anyways back to the point

I have recently been watching vids on Stealth at Thorpe Park and saw there was a roll back, has anyone ever experienced a roll back/seen it happen in person? Because I really want to be on a train when there is a roll back because you get to be re-launched so it's like having 2 rides in 1! I have noticed that rollbacks often occur when it's raining, is that the only case? Or does weight play a part in it either.

Thanks

EDIT: if you want to see the video just type 'Stealth Rollback' on YouTube.
TT Member
User

Rockstar

Re: Stealth Roll Backs

by Rockstar » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:12 pm

I For One Would LOVE To Be On A Stealth Rollback! When I Go On Stealth I Will Never Accept Any Position Besides Front Seat,That's Why I Always Get Fastrack, But That's Would Be Cool A Rollback On Front Row. Anyway I Think It Would Be Amazing!

Credit To NemesisRider For This Awesome Signature!
TT Member
User

awsomelycoolboy

by awsomelycoolboy » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:06 pm

Last time I went to Thorpe Park it was a 30 min wait for stealth, then a rollback occurred and then it wouldn't re-launch (idk why) so the 30min wait turned into a 2 hour wait then finally they let the queue go and gave free fast track, man we were lucky, me and my brother where the last to get fast track then they just started letting everyone go without giving them fast track. A lady behind got so annoyed she started shouting and being disrespectful to the staff so they asked her to go with security. Man I have never seen someone be so unpleasant. Apparently she was asked to leave the park, but m not sure about that, but anyway, we decided to use our fast track on Colossus. The queue on that was 1 hour, love the feeling how you must walk straight on the ride and the people look at you in jealousy how they had to wait 1 hour.
TT Member
User

Rockstar

by Rockstar » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:21 pm

Haha I Always Get The "Big Five" Fastrack. The One That Gives You Saw,Stealth,Inferno,The Swarm And Colossus. Another Good One I Got On Fright Nights Was "Back 2 Front" Front Seat Saw And Stealth And Backwards On The Swarm.
Last edited by Rockstar on Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit To NemesisRider For This Awesome Signature!
TT Member
User

awsomelycoolboy

by awsomelycoolboy » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:54 pm

Is the "Back 2 Front" only fright nights? I might get it next time I go. And how much does it cost?
PreviousNext