UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Re: X:\ No Way Out

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:03 pm

Hope X isn't shut next season, it's a good coaster for people who arn't into thrill rides. Went to Thorpe with someone who doesn't like coasters and X was the only one we could get them on besides Nemesis Inferno, and the only one they enjoyed :P

jayson2125
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:03 am

I believe x will be having a clean up this season...my kids are gutted as this is their favourite ride...fingers crossed it wont be closed

KoasterKraver
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:24 am

Keep X :(

craig.day.92
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 08, 2016 11:04 am

How long do you guys think X has left of its life before it is replaced and what would you like to see it be replaced with?

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 08, 2016 4:50 pm

craig.day.92 wrote:
How long do you guys think X has left of its life before it is replaced and what would you like to see it be replaced with?

It is clear that Thorpe Park are trying to develop the whole resort quite extensively. The new permanent hotel is a huge step forward at consolidating Thorpe Park as a legitimate experience rather than a cheap and cheerful day trip. Furthermore with the introduction of rides such as Derren Brown's Ghost Train, that incorporate large amounts of theming and technology, I would expect to see many of the parks older rides removed in the near future. I believe X to be one of these. If you think about it, an un-themed tin warehouse with a kiddie coaster inside, isn't going to compare to a huge multi-million pound experience right next door. I am not sure what X could be replaced with, but I really think that the huge investment and step-up in quality experiences at Thorpe Park is not a stand-alone plan, and that poor/old rides and attractions will be removed to support this move forward.

GThing64
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 13, 2016 10:48 pm

What I think they could do is keep the pyramid but make it resemble a mayan/aztec temple to fit it in with Lost City, move the entrance and have a lost temple themed family coaster like an Intamin drop or one with a Mack-style elevator lift. Something along the same lines as X, but with a more impressive layout and theming.

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 24, 2016 9:38 pm

I've noticed that on both the Merlin Annual Pass site and Thorpe Park website X is listed as 'currently closed for routine maintenance'. The Twitter feed makes little mention of it. Has anyone got any details? It's quite early in the season, I'm surprised they're having to close it for several days for maintenance.

Max
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 24, 2016 11:11 pm

I believe they are replacing the speakers inside, hopefully bringing it back up to a decent volume.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888

iamradam
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, Oxfordland, United Oxdom, Oxfordonia, Planet Ox

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:08 am

I noticed X was closed on 26/05, was strangely upsetting, hopefully it'll be back when I next go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex Tyler
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:12 pm

I was there last week and the music volume was so much better, all they need to sort now is

Get it running on 3 trains.
Get last season's music back.
Get rid of the 2 riders per row rule, I know it's a manufacture's rule so it's here to stay.

and I will be very pleased with it.

COASTERGENICS
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:19 am

I just got back from Thorpe park and they were running only 1 train all day.
full credit for signature to NemesisRider!

SkuM001
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:48 pm

COASTERGENICS wrote:
I just got back from Thorpe park and they were running only 1 train all day.

I did wonder why the queue was posting 70m today! Crazy.

Vladimir Bobinski
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:39 am

I'm quite fond of X, it does amuse me somewhat.

NemesisNosh wrote:
I believe they are replacing the speakers inside, hopefully bringing it back up to a decent volume.

I thought they did that for last years opening, with the whole change of direction, installation of lights etc. It's quite loud. Night club loud.

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:46 pm

When I went on it Friday some girls asked the ride op what's it like, he answered "do you like nightclubs? Yes. Do you like Rollercoasters? Yes, then you'll love it". I like X but the forward direction definitely feels tamer, as an upgrade shove Spinball whizzer in that building and now your talking!

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:32 pm

They certainly have plans for X, but ride it while you can! ;)

archie.mm
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:08 pm

Justin wrote:

Wait what.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:08 pm

Justin wrote:

You tease :P

I rode X the other day after a couple of months (or so it seemed) of it being down. Couldn't notice any significant differences (apart from a drop in throughput :P).
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:51 pm

X is set to get a re-theme for the 2018 season. As reported by SouthParks News, the existing entrance pyramid is to be demolished and replaced with a new watch tower entrance. This watch tower will include a new baggage hold and pre-show.

Whilst the new theme hasn't been confirmed, the project name 'X:\NWO WD' does hint that we may be seeing a permanent The Walking Dead attraction. 

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:13 pm

It looks very likely that this will be a Walking Dead attraction, however, with the introduction of another IP outside of Fright Night, it looks like Thorpe Park is positioning themselves as a resort to rival any potential London Resort. I think we will see more IP attractions after this too, be it a brand new development or retheme.

alicheesy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:19 pm

Of course being a massive X fan I'm very sad about this (rave coaster wooo), but hopefully it'll be good.

I think having an indoor horror ride next to an indoor horror ride may be a bit much and I would've preferred a revamped X with better lights, theming and audio.

RIP X, forever in our hearts ;_;
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever