UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

Mogga
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park: X:\No Way Out Changes?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:51 pm

The page says 1m height restriction, was it that low before?  I'm sure that has been lowered

Krazycoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:10 pm

Mogga wrote:
The page says 1m height restriction, was it that low before?  I'm sure that has been lowered

I was previously 1.4.
And those new lights look very nice. Can't wait to ride it!
I do wish they'd update the reviews page though becuase there's still reviews about it being backwards...

jenkanthony
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:51 pm

im going to Thorpe next week do you think X will be open by then  :?

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:00 am

jenkanthony wrote:

No

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:28 pm

Now it goes forwards do you think they will get rid of the number of brake sections on the track or so you think this is where theses tunnels will be?

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:34 am

I thought the brake sections gave them the ability to run more trains, so removing them would reduce capacity?

I really hope they have done a good job and not a cheap stick some flashing lights and a new set of speakers in there
If you go down to the woods today

Wildboy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:46 am

Wow they have finally done what I have been asking for, for years. Nice to see that they have used some nice RGB lasers and with analogue modulation as well. They must be well over 2 watts, looking at the picture.

I hope now that the block sections are used properly now to give a narrative to the musical experience and programmed to the lighting package.
Enjoying Rollercoasters as part of a healthy balanced diet since 1983

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:04 pm

X is apparently open

Rob
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:26 pm

Thrillmad wrote:
jenkanthony wrote:

No

Yes ;)

simononestop
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:15 pm

anyone been on it yet?? any reports

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:50 pm

Part of me can't wait to go on it, however the other part says they shouldn't do away with rollercoasters in the dark, eventhough in my heart of hearts nothing could ever beat the rock n rollercoaster @ Universal Studios  (i think it was)

Luce
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:26 pm

I went on it today and I think there's been an improvement, giving it a rave theme was a good idea and personally the new theme suits it.  Going forwards is kind of odd given that X went backwards for so long but now it has added lasers and fancy lighting, it adds to the experience :)

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:38 pm

Luce wrote:
I went on it today and I think there's been an improvement, giving it a rave theme was a good idea and personally the new theme suits it.  Going forwards is kind of odd given that X went backwards for so long but now it has added lasers and fancy lighting, it adds to the experience :)

Rave theme... I think you have just put me off riding it :| *holds head*

Wildboy
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:12 am

Just watched the POV and it looks pathetic. No timing and no music in the main building. Please tell me they are still going to add all this stuff.
Enjoying Rollercoasters as part of a healthy balanced diet since 1983

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:22 am

Wildboy wrote:
Just watched the POV and it looks pathetic. No timing and no music in the main building. Please tell me they are still going to add all this stuff.

I disagree the timing was good and there was plenty of music in the main building, the theming is the lighting

gabbygrace
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:34 am

Wildboy wrote:

Just watched it too and agree, they didnt even get rid of the "robots" :x

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:40 am

Well X... hmmm

Went this evening, everything in the park had 5 min queues or less so we decided to do X. This was the biggest mistake and I will not be repeating this again.

we waited outside in the cold for 15 mins, then we were let in. I was impressed with the lighting in the corridor  the new speakers were great. Then we got to the ramp, and waited and waited, then moved slowly then waited and waited, 25 mins later I got to the baggage drop. By this time I had waited so long my blood was boiling. I entered the building all optimistic and I had not even put my bag in I had waited sooooo long that all I wanted to do was get out, but I was stuck inside with screaming teenagers.

I spoke to the baggage attendant and asked why the throughput of the ride was so poor, I was told:
"We only have two of the four trains as the others are still in the Nederlands" If I had known this, I would not have queued for 45 mins..... At this point it didn't matter what they had done to X I didn't want to go on it and I wasn't going to enjoy it.

After leaving X I managed to get Stealth in twice, Swarm Twice and Saw in just 30 mins.... Not an effective use of time, hence my frustration and anger

Now I have had time to calm down...

The place looks nicer with a good paint job
The speakers as you walk down are the right volume and create a good atmosphere, but only half the corridor had been fitted out with speakers, so when you get to the end of the corridor where it zig zags and the poor lighting is, there is no sound
Still the signs needs updating
Good to see the old TVs and Power plant which didn't work removed
All new new LEDs look fantastic
Going forwards, didn't really improve the ride experience IMO
The 1M height restriction is fantastic for younger ones
The cars are comfortable and the new lap bars work ok
The smoke totally works
The central light column looks good
Love the lasers too
Music works
Music should have been louder IMO
The lights need a little work some of the effects are wow, others are disapointing
Strobe lighting might be a good addition
There are moments where there isn't much music
Now there is light inside you see the supports and just how tight the ride is, so you get a few near misses
The brake sections, brake section 1 worked well, the second brake section where it went back then stopped, this jolted us badly, it would be better is the ride just stopped rather than trying to go backwards then forwards

In Summary:
I would not queue more than 10 mins for this, it is good to get out of the rain, there has been an improvement, but not enough to make me wanna go back on in every visit.

For a low investment year and for a ride which has been badly neglected, they have done a good job.

Quote from somebody else collecting their bag "Its just like the flying fish, but in a nightclub."
If you go down to the woods today

NoseyElephant
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:44 am

bensaund wrote:
Quote from somebody else collecting their bag "Its just like the flying fish, but in a nightclub."

:lol: Hahhahhahah! that is hilarious!  :D

radiskull
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:39 pm

Went on today at around 5:30, queue went on forever but thats been explained by a previous post. Didnt see any lazers or smoke, only the light column, so thought the re-theme was pretty poor, however would ride again if there are lazers/ smoke on. I prefer the ride forwards and being able to see where your going, turns it into a fun ride rather than a 'whats going on' ride. Sound system should have been louder.

gabbygrace
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:11 pm

I don't think they put any effort in at all to be honest. They had to change it, it was just too shabby but they went for something so basic and didn't even do that properly :/