UK theme parks from another point of view!

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Re: X:\ No Way Out

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:38 pm

hasn't the theme also changed. Could be making this up but wasn't it previously something to do with being trapped in a computer, hence the no way out

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:53 pm

You are correct.

Most of the computer theming has been removed, however traces can still be seen.

COASTERGENICS
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:28 pm

dropkick10 wrote:
You are correct.

Most of the computer theming has been removed, however traces can still be seen.

i have never seen any of the computer theming, what traces have been left?
full credit for signature to NemesisRider!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:45 pm

X's new policy is a bit strange. No single riders what so ever. Went on Sunday and there was three of us. And basically got told that only two of us could ride it. They don't have a separate area for single riders and basically turn away those who end up on there own. They really need to come up with a better plan for those who are on park on their own or in odd numbered groups. Plus the staff are slightly rude about it too.
Even the good can fall from grace

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:47 pm

That is a really bizarre policy lol. Guess I won't be welcome to ride when I make visits then.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:50 pm

That's crazy. I understand a lack of single rider queue but to be turning them away. I would be asking what the logic is behind that. We are going as a group of 5 for fright nights so this poses a bit of a problem for us as we all want to do it. I don't understand it at all as many groups are odd numbers. It's not like the ride can't operate unless full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:55 pm

It is very strange. They need to implement something. What they could do is keep the back row clear and use that to put two single riders in and when there either isn't enough single riders or no single riders use it for a two. It would make more sense.

I can understand them wanting to fill the trains, as I think only three trains were running on it. (Not sure how many there usually was/is), but at least put staff on at the entrance that actually explains the current situation.
Even the good can fall from grace

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:11 pm

That will put a lot of odd numbered groups off though if they can't all ride together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fiyero
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:54 pm

I noticed this rule for the first time yesterday but only once you get to the platform! Luckily I still got three goes (we went as a 10, a 4 and a 2 so it worked each time!).
I don't get it as they can send the train with empty rows so why is one person in a row so bad?

Tom_iSatnav
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:02 am

X gets a fairly long queue during the peak season so I am guessing that they are trying to keep empty seats to a minimum so as to get the queue moving quicker. Just my thoughts.

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:05 am

Why can't they say if your in a odd number in the group you will be forced to share.

fitchy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:13 am

X got new restraints last year, and if uou ride alone its quite easy to get out of the restraint and stand up. Thus we now are forced to have 2x riders per car

Luce
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:20 pm

When I went on my own recently, the staff member batching people told me I could wait on the platform until there was an odd number in a group. This wasn't too bad as I managed two goes but at the same time, it can be frustrating as you're waiting longer although safety is important so I guess I'm happy to queue a little longer.

kris3012
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:57 pm

when i went recently i went on x is a single rider twice (there was me, my missus and my daughter) and there was no problems i cant see what difference this makes.

Fiyero
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:20 pm

fitchy wrote:
X got new restraints last year, and if uou ride alone its quite easy to get out of the restraint and stand up. Thus we now are forced to have 2x riders per car

I thought it must be something like that, rather silly though

wamdue
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:51 pm

Have to agree about this no singer rider thing, its a quiet day in the park today (not unexpectedly), staff were riding on it, to make up pairs.

As far as the change in theme goes, when I went as a teen (so 15 years ago) it was X:\, and I honestly don't recall a theme, I like the idea of being lost in a computer, it seems right for that time period and name. Today its more of a trance theme, alot of club lights and Darude Sandstorm playing on the way in, love Sandstorm, however when I first rode X:\ it was alot darker, and a better ride for it.

Of course it could be memory playing tricks on me

Finally didn't Alton Towers have an ice show about people inside a computer?

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:06 am

Tom_iSatnav wrote:
X gets a fairly long queue during the peak season so I am guessing that they are trying to keep empty seats to a minimum so as to get the queue moving quicker. Just my thoughts.

When I went during the summer X didn't get extremely large waits, only a moderate line (50 mins at the max), most people were in line for the Big coasters and the water rides as well as Rush.
credz to sam!
feed the flames. be chosen.

RedStar98
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:57 am

I was with my friend at Fright Nights and since they don't like X, I went on by myself as usual and I don't recall seeing anything about that policy. I pulled the bar next to me down fully and the staff didn't say anything about it. Those restraints have been around for a while and I've not heard anything about this before reading it here. I don't see why they would suddenly start doing this- surely it would only increase wait times trying to organise it?
thanks to lewis97

jayson2125
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:55 pm

I believe x will be shut next season anyway...

ponder
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:58 pm

For what it's worth, I think the current X theme is much better than the old one. At least it makes sense and it's kind of fun. The backwards, stopping every 20 seconds nonsense was just frustrating, as any time you built up a bit of speed you'd stop again.