UK theme parks from another point of view!

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Saw - The Ride

Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:07 pm

I don’t think I experienced much of a jolt on Saw, but I did think it had a similar roughness to The Smiler. Maybe I was on a good train! 
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Saw - The Ride

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:29 pm

SAW - The Ride
SAW – The Ride, the world's first horror movie rollercoaster as you experience a ‘beyond vertical’ drop of 100 degrees from a height of 100ft.

With the closed season upon us, how would you review SAW - The Ride at the THORPE PARK Resort?

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SAW: The Ride

Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:05 pm

I guess due to the temperature (it was around 6-7c all day, cold enough for SWARM to be closed from around 11 to park close) SAW was running both slower and smoother than usual. We almost stalled on the curve to the breaks before the lift hill, I reckon if the car was going 2 or 3 mph slower we wouldn't have made it. The rest of the ride felt smoother than usual, probably due it running slower. The only jolt was the bottom of the first drop, even the last dive loop was fine! 

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:30 pm

I certainly had better rides on it earlier on the year when it was pretty cold. Able to re-ride quite happily. Then went on once a couple of weeks ago when it was warmer and headaches straight away. Surprised Swarm closed because of the cold, above 5c and it's usually the wind or the parks current bank balance that closes it.

Getting stuck that early into the ride would have been embarrassing for Thorpe and Gerstlauer!

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:41 pm

I prefer The Smiler earlier in the season for that reason. Wind was a big factor today, I had just clipped in my belt(s) for Nemesis Inferno when they closed it for high wind. This was at 1658 so that was it, ride closed for the day. Everything else seemed to stop dead on 1700, probably also for wind reasons.

If SAW ever got stuck there how would they evac people? Unless they have a platform inside that I've not spotted before it would be pretty awkward. I guess they could pull the train into the block breaks at the base of the lifthill.

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:27 am

I think Merlin lawyers come out and personally push the train to the block brakes!

But it's been in operation long enough that it should be impossible for it to get stuck there with guests onboard within operating conditions.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:26 pm

The Swarm was closed yesterday due to the winds. I must agree though, Saw was very smooth over the weekend and it is very much a ride I enjoy.

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 01, 2018 10:07 pm

I really love Saw. I've been noticing how well it has aged, and even though I've ridden it a hundred times, I'm still discovering new things to this day. The Warehouse ride theming is just a cut above, with all these wonderful little hidden gags for those who have seen the films. I really admire how much effort and thought was put into the queue line and it makes queueing so much fun! And, of course, the rollercoaster itself is beyond fantastic, and tied best in the park. By far the best thing to come out of the Saw franchise.