UK theme parks from another point of view!

djedwardsmith
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Saw The Ride Contract Expiring

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:24 pm

Firstly, I can't see them not renewing it given it seems to be the most popular ride on park and the franchising of it clearly has a big pull. Not sure how much longer that may be the case though.

Secondly, as said above it wouldn't be a hugely difficult thing to just remove all references to Saw and run the ride as a 'mystery mine' sort of vibe.

DrReeve
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:04 pm

Altitude wrote:
I think they'll give it a bit of a re-theme, maybe a sawmill theme. That way they can market it more easily, instrad of saying, "Oh yeah, btw Saw isn't Saw now"
i personally think not much will change except the saw signs and maybe some of the traps around the queue line
Image credit to Lewis97

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:43 pm

I would hope that Saw Live got turned into a restaurant as that side of the park lack a sit-down restaurant/fast food joint.
On to Saw I think they would add more theming in the indoor queueline and change the indoor coaster bit.

Jammydodger
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:38 pm

I think it depends on the Franchise itself.
There's been many rumors and interviews floating around in the past year pointing to a reboot of the franchise. The films were massive cash cows, they had low production costs and all got massive gains at the box office. Not to mention they are probably the reason Lionsgate has become such a big name.

If they were to reboot it, I'd imagine there would most definitely be a mutual agreement to keep the IP. And if we're lucky, Lionsgate may even throw a few thousand Merlin's way for a spruce up and some promotional material for any new films.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:26 pm

No way will they get rid of it, that would cost them money. Saw is possibly the most popular ride in the park, and removing it would decrease their profit levels.

They'll have to re-theme it though, a real shame because it just won't be saw.
Rides on Dragon's Fury since SRQ installed:

2016: 17 | 2017: 35

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:50 am

I'd rather they invest on sorting out why the ride is so rough than what theme to have
If you go down to the woods today

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:48 pm

The Smiler-Part 2 anyone?  :lol:

SwEDEN
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:00 pm

Thrillmad wrote:
The Smiler-Part 2 anyone?  :lol:

LOL, i'm waiting for a "the ministry of joy had such success with it's marmalisation programme and with the ultimate correctional device 'THE SMILER' that a second device has been constructed further down south in order to get the whole of the country smiling"........ speech :lol:

dominoes
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:08 pm

God I hope it goes to a sawmill theme. I always thought it was weird having Loggers Leap so close to Saw, but having such different themes.

JBragg1
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:58 pm

Why has saw alive been removed from Thorpe parks park map

Jack
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:15 pm

jbragg1 wrote:

It's never used in the season, If i'm right, only for Fright Nights :(

SwEDEN
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:21 pm

dominoes wrote:
God I hope it goes to a sawmill theme. I always thought it was weird having Loggers Leap so close to Saw, but having such different themes.

I also hope that doesn't just mean stripping Saw of it's movie theming without adding any new theming elements....... That'd make it so bare that I just can't 'bare' the thought of it......

Sorry.... Had to.

Altitude
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:16 pm

SwEDEN wrote:
Sorry.... Had to.

Danny
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:34 am

jackandylan123 wrote:
jbragg1 wrote:

The sign that says only open on fright nights have been taken down so not quite sure what they are doing with it

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:03 pm

danny.g97 wrote:
jackandylan123 wrote:
jbragg1 wrote:

The sign that says only open on fright nights have been taken down so not quite sure what they are doing with it

I'm fearful that saw alive may have to go. I mean, you can't really re theme saw alive ...

SuperWill
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:43 pm

SAW Has been at TP for 4 years now and it is popular but to be honest I really can't see TP renewing the SAW contract! I think it will be just a sawmill theme but with no SAW IP! :) 

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:08 am

SuperWill wrote:
SAW Has been at TP for 4 years now and it is popular but to be honest I really can't see TP renewing the SAW contract! I think it will be just a sawmill theme but with no SAW IP! :)

I'd love ether a
>Alien (the movie) theme
>Paranormal Activity
>Saw Mill
>identity thief
>The Heat

The last two are comedy genres but if they want it to have a good re theme it needs to be different! Identity thief could be that you're running from the police, and The Heat, you are trying to catch a criminal
Last edited by Owen on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuperWill
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:50 am

Thrillmad wrote:
SuperWill wrote:

I'd love ether a
>Alien theme
>Paranormal Activity
>Saw Mill
>identity thief
>The Heat

The last two are comedy genres but if they want it to have a good re theme it needs to be different! Identity thief could be that you're running from the police, and The Heat, you are trying to catch a criminal

I love your idea about an Alien theme! When you enter the queueline outside the station and building you see like Alien ships which have crashed and when you enter the building and inside the queue there are Aliens warning us in the queue not to go any further etc etc, and then you enter the station and just before you board your train the Aliens give you one last warning but you ignore the warning and when your train dispatches the Aliens say it's too late in a creepy voice and just before the vertical drop you see an evil Alien saying "Your time has come to..." And just before he says die the vertical drop appears just in time to save you! (It's like with the swinging SAW blades) Once you come out of the building you will see the Plasma TV's and the evil Alien appears on it saying "Your time has come to..." This time the TV's lose signal so basically you don't know what the evil Alien is trying to say but anyway you go through the ride's course and then at the end the good Aliens congratulate you on surviving the evil Alien! Just before you get off the good Aliens say that they might need your help in the near future! And that will be the end of your Alien ride experience! What do you think? :)

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:57 am

SuperWill wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:
SuperWill wrote:

I'd love ether a
>Alien theme
>Paranormal Activity
>Saw Mill
>identity thief
>The Heat

I love your idea about an Alien theme! When you enter the queueline outside the station and building you see like Alien ships which have crashed and when you enter the building and inside the queue there are Aliens warning us in the queue not to go any further etc etc, and then you enter the station and just before you board your train the Aliens give you one last warning but you ignore the warning and when your train dispatches the Aliens say it's too late in a creepy voice and just before the vertical drop you see an evil Alien saying "Your time has come to..." And just before he says die the vertical drop appears just in time to save you! (It's like with the swinging SAW blades) Once you come out of the building you will see the Plasma TV's and the evil Alien appears on it saying "Your time has come to..." This time the TV's lose signal so basically you don't know what the evil Alien is trying to say but anyway you go through the ride's course and then at the end the good Aliens congratulate you on surviving the evil Alien! Just before you get off the good Aliens say that they might need your help in the near future! And that will be the end of your Alien ride experience! What do you think? :)

Wow this is very detailed.

Love the idea but fear thorpe may see running from an evil alien a bit childish?

Not trying to offend you, I love the alien idea  :D

SwEDEN
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:18 pm

SuperWill wrote:

Love the idea but fear thorpe may see running from an evil alien a bit childish?

*Cough* The Swarm *Cough*......
Oh dear god, Thorpe if you are reading this please do not turn SAW into some kind of genetic mutation of the swarm aliens....