UK theme parks from another point of view!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Re: Fright Nights

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:23 pm

As much as I adore the BIA experience, I don't think it will make a return in the foreseeable future. But I guess we can safely assume that both Saw Alive and The Walking Dead Living Nightmare will be returning for FN, given they are opening during the year. I would, however, be sad if TP decide to use the half term opening of Saw Alive as a last chance to play before the maze closes for good as it will be 8 this year. 

Also thinking about it, If Saw Alive survives this year and returns next year, it will take the crown from The Asylum as TP's longest serving maze
Parks, Scares and Glitter on Facebook

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:51 pm

As detailed on SouthParks News, Thorpe Park have been nominated in this years SCAR awards, with The Walking Dead:Living Nightmare being nominated for ‘Best Set, Costume and Make-Up’
Credit to the BubbleBoi

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:07 pm

It looks to me that Thorpe Park have just quietly confirmed five of this years mazes. Throughout the school holidays they will be giving out a limited number of different pop-badges on different days. These pop-badges include the Fright Nights 2018 pop-badge, along with ones for: Walking Dead: Living Nightmare, Platform 15, The Big Top, Walking Dead: Sanctum and Saw: Alive.

Each Sunday they will release a pop-badge for a different maze, with the final day containing a mystery pop-badge on Sunday 2nd September. My guess is that an unannounced maze will be revealed around that time. 

Source: Thorpe Park on Twitter.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:38 pm

Quite possibly. Let's hope for another maze!

Zach
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:38 pm

Even with a new maze, the WD mazes really need attention because last October they simply weren’t up to standard. The scenery was fantastic and some of the best themed mazes in the UK, so visually stimulating but scare-wise very little and felt more like a WD experience or walk through than a scare maze.

Sadly I’d like to say it’s because it’s an IP but Cabin and MBV were done fantastically so it’s possible.

Kirsty31
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:10 am

I can't wait for the confirmation of mazes this year at Fright Nights, always a good atmosphere, we're not going at the weekend which is a change from the last few years, but think the weekends have been bringing trouble, last year the atmosphere changed to being tense but not in a good way after dark, so much so we left early!

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:20 pm

Pictures from outside of Nemesis Inferno's Exit. Think we maybe seeing a return of Blair Witch

I'm the boy with the bubbles

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:26 pm

*cough* summer festival prediction comes true :lol

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:09 pm

How intriguing. If this does mean the return of Blair Witch i'm not sure how I feel about it as it was never the strongest attraction in the Fright Nights line up 

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:50 am

Thorpe Park have just released a teaser for Fright Nights.

It has a very 80s looking TV, which fits absolutely none of the current speculation at all! More surprises perhaps?

Collossalsaw
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:55 am

The fright nights teaser instantly gave me stranger things vibes
But the chainsaw in between one of the clips made me think of the walking dead and also no where is safe just creams walking dead

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:00 am

It is certainly playing on the Stranger Things aesthetic. With Universal having the rights to it in the US and Japan, did Merlin manage to get UK/Europe rights?

Walking Dead is for sure going to happen. But the statement of nowhere is safe, in contrast to the Thorpe Park safe zone, could we be seeing scare zones or roaming actors with a Walking Dead theme this year?

I'm a bit more excited by Fright Nights now. :)

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:11 am

Things are certainly kicking off. Me and Jack managed to do Monk's Walk this morning and here are some photos, mainly of the old Blair Witch site

EDIT: In regards to the teaser, there is a television series for Blair Witch in development and is still set to being made, could this be in relation to the teaser and Blair Witch sightings?

https://imgur.com/a/e2WDrWG

I'm the boy with the bubbles

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:01 pm

Thanks for sharing the photos, Jack :D
I'm really not sure what to make of this maze returning. It was by far the weakest maze of the Liongate era, so they are going to have to ramp it up!

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:32 pm

As posted by Thorpe Park, it's beginning to look a lot like Halloween.

Edit: Credit to Parks, Scares and Glitter for my text inspiration. I thought that was what Thorpe had used, but turns out I'd quickly seen their Tweet pop-up in my feed. :)

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:00 pm

I saw it on Facebook and it does look really good. It is a nice step on from last year's promotional poster. No doubt this will be used on the maps!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:03 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:
As posted by Thorpe Park, it's beginning to look a lot like Halloween.

Edit: Credit to Parks, Scares and Glitter for my text inspiration. I thought that was what Thorpe had used, but turns out I'd quickly seen their Tweet pop-up in my feed. :)

You're welcome :lol
Although the image is very similar to last year it has one rather exciting bit and that is the text. What do they mean by no where being safe I wonder. I think the only area of the park without a scare maze is Amity as I think its safe to say they are including Blair Witch and that usually exits in The Jungle.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:27 pm

Unless actors will be roaming all parts of the park? :D

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:29 pm

Roaming actors is what I'm hoping for. Thorpe definitely have a bit of money to play with this year and if it's looking like there won't be any completely new mazes, then that's more actor budget!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:38 pm

Roaming actors tend to stick to a set route so it could be they will have free reign. Were their roamers last year? Also rumours are spreading that Big Top won't be returning this year. I do not believe this rumour though as TP would be stupid to get rid of their best in house maze since The Asylum