UK theme parks from another point of view!

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Fright Nights

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:17 pm

Dom wrote:
Amber got some pictures from earlier today, but she's not very techy and they aren't the best quality, but here they are:

Is that first picture from that area next to I'm a Celebrity Maze?
Scaremaze count: 16

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:34 pm

That picture looks like it is showing platform 15 tunnel and finale with Saw in the background.

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:59 am

Outrageous. They are really taking advantage! I don't agree with this price hike, especially when everything was hiked up last year!! It is becoming out of the reach of so many. I know they have to retain their exclusivity but last year's price was bad enough!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:03 pm

Earlier today, Thorpe Park released this years Fright Nights map.

Even the good can fall from grace

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:11 pm

I wonder what final cut cinema will be. I couldn't find any info on it. Also does anyone know where the VIP lounge would be? I'm kinda curious where they'd put it and what would be in it.
Scaremaze count: 16

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:15 pm

It would probably be the marquee opposite Containment

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:13 pm

Justin wrote:
Outrageous. They are really taking advantage! I don't agree with this price hike, especially when everything was hiked up last year!! It is becoming out of the reach of so many. I know they have to retain their exclusivity but last year's price was bad enough!

To be fair this falls inline with the price of entry just to get into Alton’s mazes (off by £4 on the day) and it should be noted that individual fastracks fall directly inline with Alton’s maze prices.

To me it’s really just as though with Alton you pay and get in quicker which is essentially the same thing as a fastrack - however unlike Alton with Thorpe you’ve also got the option to wait and still go in, so I’m really not shocked by the price if I’m honest...

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:59 am

I disagree. You are paying for two separate products. Maze access at Alton where everyone pays the same and is treated the same, or Thorpe which is a Fastrack product which has seen a price increase over the past two years. Last year was £30, up £10 from £20 in 2015. This year it has gone up £14. Of course it is a product of choice but there will be a limit to what people will accept!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:02 am

But the idea of both systems is to make sure you aren’t waiting hours for a maze, so from that point of view they act as more or less the same thing.

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:26 am

saw-x-smile wrote:
I wonder what final cut cinema will be. I couldn't find any info on it. Also does anyone know where the VIP lounge would be? I'm kinda curious where they'd put it and what would be in it.

The Final Cut will be a special Fright Fest burger sold for the event, much like RCR's Pulled Pork Devil Firecracker burger which is sold at Scarefest.
[Insert Signature Here]

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:49 am

Bert2theSpark wrote:
The Final Cut will be a special Fright Fest burger sold for the event, much like RCR's Pulled Pork Devil Firecracker burger which is sold at Scarefest.

Indeed, however s-x-s was talking about the Final Cut cinema located in the Angry Birds theatre! ;)

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:57 am

Owen wrote:
But the idea of both systems is to make sure you aren’t waiting hours for a maze, so from that point of view they act as more or less the same thing.

Loosely, yes but Alton you pay for the mazes. They are not open freely to guests like Thorpe. As I say, everyone is on a level playing field. Also, working on the price, there have not been any prices rises this year, Thorpe has. The Welcoming seems to be a separate attraction as such.

Of course, we all have a choice to pay it or not. :)

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:20 pm

Justin, Your AT Fanboy is showing :lol Owen your TP Fanboy is showing :lol

Whilst I understand both sides of the discussion with regards to it, i'm glad they have upped the price, purely because at the cheaper price they were really over selling the fastrack on the mazes and as such the fastrack queues were huge as well as the normal queues. This may now reduce the queue time in the fastrack, meaning you will now actually be paying to fastrack instead of standing in another queue. Whilst I can also understand the comparison, you can't compare the two. FN has always been Merlin's premier Halloween event. Its always had the big IP's and the real focus of this time of year, which is why it always hits capacity and why the mazes have stupid long queue times. So why shouldn't they charge premium prices for their attractions. Its a bit stupid not to do that. 

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:56 pm

Ha! :lol Possibly, Dom. But it also comes down to overselling. Yes, of course charge a premium but don't over do it. I would have been happy with £35, but not an extra £14 compared to last year. Saying that, I'd still pay it but that is more fool me! :lol I just hope they don't take advantage and increase it again next year.

TheSmilerMan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:56 pm

I guess it’s still not too bad at £35.20 with MAP discount 

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:58 pm

I don't believe you get Annual Pass discount as it is Fastrack, instead of a secondary attraction.

TheSmilerMan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:23 pm

Justin wrote:
I don't believe you get Annual Pass discount as it is  Fastrack, instead of a secondary attraction.

When I’ve had it for mazes, I used to get it but that’s 2 years ago now, I used the £5 FT PMAP voucher and discount which brought it to a nice comfy price. 

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:12 pm

As I’m sure almost everyone is aware, tonight is the Fright Nights media event. SouthParks is among those who’ll be providing updates throughout the evening, so keep an eye on the Facebook page to get the low down as the dead invade the Island!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:34 pm

SouthParks News now has a full round-up article, which also features lots of photos from the mazes and around the park.

Muppet738
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am

Does anyone know what time the mazes open ?