UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Re: Fright Nights

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:24 am

The website has now been properly updated with the image. :)

Also here's a look at the promo art, taken from South Parks Facebook.

Alex
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:44 pm

Morgan wrote:
Pre-booking for Fright Nights with a standard annual pass seems a bit more expensive this year, ranging from £5 to £15. Not very happy about this, paying £5 was a bit annoying to begin with but £15 isn't right.

Considering how busy it has been over the past few years from a business perspective Merlin would be crazy not to cash in on it. However if the charges are increasing then you'd expect a better offering.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Here's a video version of the image posted on Thorpe Parks Facebook.

A trademark has appeared for "THE WALKING DEAD: LIVING NIGHTMARE". It seems quite likely to be for FRIGHT NIGHTS.

EDIT - After looking further, this seems to be registered by a company/person based on Kentucky USA, so this makes me wonder if it is for FRIGHT NIGHTS.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:21 pm

Thorpe have revealed more details today-

Thorpe Park wrote:
- NEW horror experiences
- An invasion from a global horror phenomenon
- MORE scares

Based on the wording I'd anticipate we may seem roaming actors from the rumoured TV show IP around the park...

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:08 pm

Owen wrote:
EDIT - After looking further, this seems to be registered by a company/person based on Kentucky USA, so this makes me wonder if it is for FRIGHT NIGHTS.

This person (Robert Kirkman) seems to be the creator of the series.

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:42 pm

Morgan wrote:
Pre-booking for Fright Nights with a standard annual pass seems a bit more expensive this year, ranging from £5 to £15. Not very happy about this, paying £5 was a bit annoying to begin with but £15 isn't right.

Just took a look at this. It looks like standard pricing may change throughout the booking, as there is an option for £20 reservations which is not in use yet!
Premium is £1 throughout.
https://www.thorpepark.com/events/fright-nights

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:11 pm

You may be in for more than one IP attraction, even if they're both the same IP...

Platform 15 is also having some major overhauling this year. Think the difference between The Big Top 1 and 2.  

Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:47 pm

The Fright Nights lineup for this year will have a big say in whether I visit as I found last year to be quite disappointing.

While there were some improvements to The Big Top, it was still lacking something. A factor may have been that I visited on opening weekend and the actors were still getting used to the mazes but for me there were far too many dead spots.

As Adz is alluding to, I hope they massively improve Platform 15. Last year I found it to be a complete waste of time.

Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:57 pm

Sorry to double post but.......

Thorpe Park have just released this video on their Twitter feed (and other social media platforms) which confirms Cabin In The Woods won't be returning for Fright Nights 2017.

Something new is invading. The question is, what?
Last edited by Dan on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:13 pm

Dan wrote:
Something new is invading. The question is, what?

Chavs? :nervious:

In all seriousness I'm glad they've acknowledged that Cabin is going... I wonder if they'll do the same for any other mazes.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:31 pm

:lol Haven't they already invaded

I think the only reason they are making a big deal out of Cabin is because it was a very popular maze. I think it also confirms that whatever is invading is going to be in the Cabin location
Even the good can fall from grace

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:36 pm

Adz wrote:
You may be in for more than one IP attraction, even if they're both the same IP...

Platform 15 is also having some major overhauling this year. Think the difference between The Big Top 1 and 2.  

I'm a little disappointed by this news as I was expecting a massive overhaul, however, I do like The Big Top. I preferred the look and feel of the attraction on its debut although with the straw clogging up the system on the beach, I understand why it had to move!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:46 pm

Thorpe are running a promotion for FRIGHT NIGHTS alongside Andy Muschetti's upcoming IT where if you buy a ticket in advance to see the movie you will also receive a 2 for 1 voucher for FRIGHT NIGHTS!

One would hope this would hint toward a new partnership between Thorpe and New Line but I doubt it as brilliant as that would be! :P

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:55 pm

Owen wrote:
Thorpe are running a promotion for FRIGHT NIGHTS alongside Andy Muschetti's upcoming IT where if you buy a ticket in advance to see the movie you will also receive a 2 for 1 voucher for FRIGHT NIGHTS!

One would hope this would hint toward a new partnership between Thorpe and New Line but I doubt it as brilliant as that would be! :P

Do new line cinema have anything related to the promo pics we've had released from Thorpe park?
This ride is perfectly safe. Everything has been designed for your comfort, and enjoyment.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:29 pm

I don't think so, and I would very much doubt there will be any connection this year! :)

It appears that BLAIR WITCH is returning based on this photo posted by Thorpe!

There is also a police badge in the middle that appears to read "City of Atlanta Police" which happens to be a major location within the Walking Dead comics and TV show...

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:30 pm

This is not exciting me to be honest!
So, now it looks like the same old Fright Nights with just Cabin replaced!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:31 pm

But it is pretty much that so far. TP have been very secretive with the information they are giving out as opposed to SF. 
I am personally looking forward to both for different reasons. FN is more full on in your face scares and that can be fun whilst SF is subtle scares to me. So whilst I fully get your not excited for FN, I personally think its still as exciting as SF. Plus Platform 15 is the one to watch given how they tend to completely refurb a maze in the second year, given TBT's refurb, So P15 is the one to watch this year. 
Even the good can fall from grace

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:17 pm

It is more to do with the apocalyptic image they released earlier as it appeared to be all geared up to be a major overhaul of Fright Nights. With the Lionsgate IPs being coming to an end as well (apart from Saw Alive), this was an ideal opportunity to relaunch. Instead we have one new maze based on what we know so far! I don't think it is a case that they are being more secretive though as we don't know what will be in any attraction in either resort. THORPE PARK are certainly good for scares and have been for the many years I've been going, however I'm the opposite and Alton really has won the battle in recent years for me :) Of course, I have plans to visit FN but they will need to pull it out of the bag!

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:18 pm

Big Top's tent has been up for a while, managed to get some pictures of some stuff waiting to go in on Monday.

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:47 pm

Good photos!
I wonder if there will be any changes in The Big Top this year?