UK theme parks from another point of view!

GThing64
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park - The Future

Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:33 pm

Who said any Hyper coaster has to be a B&M? Intamin are more than capable at building hyper-style rides that are world class without being too tall and I'd love to see Mack take a crack at it too!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:46 pm

GThing64 wrote:
Who said any Hyper coaster has to be a B&M? Intamin are more than capable at building hyper-style rides that are world class without being too tall and I'd love to see Mack take a crack at it too!

Apologies, I assumed this would be the case based on what the subject split off from and how Shambhala and Mako were mentioned. I'd like to see a new Intamin design such as what EnegyLandia will be receiving next year. :)

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:07 pm

Thorpe Park would, in my opinion, benefit from a big, in your face coaster. The UK really are lacking in coasters that give the 'wow' and TP is probably the best place for it. Hyper or RMC would be very welcomed the most though. #HyperTP

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:24 am

MACK have that looping hyper don't they? Be fun with B&M clamshells! :lol
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

Tom
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:15 pm

An Intamin hyper similar to Goliath at Walibi Holland would be an excellent addition.

GThing64
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:54 pm

I think a GeForce style ride would fit in the park, whether by Intamin or if Merlin decides to let Mack have a go at a similar style of ride. Thorpe does need a hyper though. The only thrill coaster they have without inversions at the moment lasts 12 seconds and they lack any real airtime machines. Failing that, a wooden coaster would be fab, even though the best option for a woodie would be one that inverts!

..I do feel as if we may be going in circles with this conversation here. Aren't Thorpe due another MTDP soon?

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:27 pm

GThing64 wrote:
Aren't Thorpe due another MTDP soon?

Yes, their last one spanned 2010-2016 so has now expired. I believe that was submitted in early summer 2010, so we may see a MTDP detailing vague plans for the next few years submitted in the coming months.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:30 pm

The new boat ride is called 'Timber Tug Boat'

eddiehead01
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:20 pm

unless the regulations have changed you're not going to see a coaster taller than Stealth as that's pretty much at the parks height restriction limits due to local flight paths. Maybe if they were to do what AT do and go underground which is extremely unlikely due to the nature of the ground

I wouldn't mind a hyper that loops the back of the park and uses the route the train took to the farm, as well as using some of the space around the farm. Although I've been saying since 2001 that a coaster over the lake would be immense

I'd say wood is unlikely bearing in mind AT have that in the bag now

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:02 pm

I believe Thorpe can go up to 500ft, so long as the attraction avoids any major flight paths and has a light at its peak (and the council agrees to it obviously). :)

Wood maybe not, but hybrid on the other hand :sus:

The Nemesis Fox
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:37 am

I do think that Colossus will be gone after it turns 20 or before given it's issues at the moment. For 2024 I can see a B&M floorless going in that spot - and slammer's. It will still be a usp unless another U.K. Park gets a B&M or an x-car.

I would leave x because I think that a Chiapas style water ride would really fit in that space as well as replacing Storm Surge and the west beach. The Aztec theme I think would really work.
Alton - Nemesis Alpha; Bloodhound SSC, Kinshasa Kurse & Pursuit & Interceptor

Thorpe - Krakatoa; Adrenaline; Gargantua; Rio de Feugo; Timber Heist & Toxication

Can't Wait for SW8 & Icon
Which will be best?

fitchy
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:11 pm

Colossus I doubt will be going anywhere in the short term, its had allot of money spent on replacing the lift chain mechanics etc.

kris3012
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 09, 2017 10:23 pm

fitchy wrote:
Colossus I doubt will be going anywhere in the short term, its had allot of money spent on replacing the lift chain mechanics etc.
its needs more money spending on it to replace the trains they are dreadful and make the ride shocking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 11, 2017 12:02 pm

Merlin aren't going to close Colossus until they absolutely need to. Similarly they aren't going to put any more money in than they need to. If they've been replacing lift chains and gearboxes it's because they *had* to. Don't expect new trains unless Intamin say the current ones are unsafe/not usable.

Hopefully next season they'll replace Slammer with a similar ride in the same location and the island behind Stealth/SWARM will be used for whatever they have coming next. Even as a MAP holder I still get confused and head towards Stealth hoping to get to SWARM Island but of course you can't do that. Grr.

Some time soon they'll have to submit to the council their medium/long term plans. Personally I'd expect the following things in it: Replacement for Slammer, Possible removal of X (and maybe the Pyramid), the new 2019/2020 big coaster and a revamped entrance.

daveclarkedaveclarke
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 12, 2017 8:35 am

I'd love to see a duling RMC coaster in the UK and i think thorpe wood be perfect for it really.

bendaboss
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:01 pm

Probably wont happen, but I would really like to see a drop tower like ride in the swarm island. It could look like a post-apocalyptic sky scraper that the swarm creatures have attacked, and the ride starts when you go for a ride in the elevator-thats broken.When the elevator stops tower of terror infront of you, you see something and then drop, in this ride when you stop in the elevator you see the swarm creatures fly towards you and attack you, then you drop. Obviously what you see each time you drop would be different.
So pretty much its tower of terror, but smaller and themed to the swarm.
Welcome. to...oblivion HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.You belong to the smiler!

Danny
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:19 pm

I'd like a Falcons Fury style drop tower on The Swarm Island extension. It would be themed to the swarm picking you up and whisking you in to the air (like in the original advert of the kids on bikes), before releasing you to fall to your presumed 'death'. Kind of like certain birds of prey do :)

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:11 pm

I like that a lot. I think it's something that the park needs to round out its offerings. It's also a major attraction that merlin could market well.
God Bless Tea Towels

The Nemesis Fox
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:59 am

Any news on a new development plan yet?
Alton - Nemesis Alpha; Bloodhound SSC, Kinshasa Kurse & Pursuit & Interceptor

Thorpe - Krakatoa; Adrenaline; Gargantua; Rio de Feugo; Timber Heist & Toxication

Can't Wait for SW8 & Icon
Which will be best?

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:08 pm

We'd be one of the first to report on it if there were. Seems very overdue now.