UK theme parks from another point of view!

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park - The Future

Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Owen wrote:
As far as I'm aware there are currently no plans for Loggers Leap - who knows what they could be coming up with now though...

I do hope it comes back! Much better than the Flume was.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:01 pm

The park definitely started the season by saying it'll be back for 2017. They haven't said that since, however.

Found these over on Thorpe Park Mania. Doesn't look as hopeful now!

Rides on Dragon's Fury since SRQ installed:

2016: 17 | 2017: 35

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:15 pm

Do you think it's a coincidence the flume closed at the same time? Seems a bit odd! After not riding it for what could be atleast 20 years the double drop was a pleasant surprise, no sooner have I been reacquainted it's closed the next year, potentially without even a proper send off.

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:17 pm

They didn't seem to sure what was happening in the summer when I went on my lift hill climb of The Swarm. It seemed like discussions were taking place back then to decide the rides future but nothing had been confirmed.

Wasn't the closure of a lot of flumes due to new safety procedures across parks?

Tom
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:24 pm

The guy on the BTS tour of Platform 15 mentioned that the fencing they'd installed between the route of the maze and Loggers meant that both could be operated simultaneously. Not sure how true that is or whether it was just the usual tour type spiel...

Jared
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:55 pm

I doubt it'll re-open. Dragon Falls had a lot of work done to add in new evacuation platforms and steps that are most likely too costly on Loggers and Flume. So I believe it's a H&S thing.

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:37 pm

There was somebody in the Loggers queue line doing some mantainance back in August, I could see them from the top of Saw or Samurai, the bit of outdoor queue line next to the beginning of the ride.

I really hope they keep it, it would be cost cutting that would be very short sighted on Thorpes part, it adds some nice variation, unless they build a better version of course, but something like it is definitely needed.

GThing64
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:55 pm

The queue itself is currently being used for Platform 15 so you might have seen them doing prep for that.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:05 am

Saying something will return and then not never ends well..
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:04 pm

The resort never really confirmed it would or wouldn't be, just that the area was undergoing redevelopment.

theycallmealex
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:42 pm

Judging from when we had a look whilst queuing/enduring/suffering through Platform No 15. I would say it's safe to say it's probably not due to the lack of 'visible' work it's had done.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:03 pm

PLOT TWIST:
When you are looking at Loggers Leap, you are actually looking at a giant photograph of Loggers Leap, and behind that photograph a new coaster is being constructed :lol

If a park ever did something like that and pulled it off it would be amazing :lol
Ride count 2017: 296!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 807!
Cred count: 65!

Thanks to NemesisRider for the awesome signature!

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:26 am

It will be a shame if Loggers remains closed. It has decent capacity, yet still had a constant long queue. It is a very pleasant trip around some very pretty scenery, and never lost its charm like The Flume did. I will always remember it as the flume that Princess Diana rode.

I find this seems to be a trend with Merlin - they are not given an adequate budget to maintain the rides if they need extensive repairs (CCR, Dragon Falls scenery, Safari Skyway etc) so just close the attraction or remove bits from them (eg the first drop roof).

Wouldn't be surprised if Loggers is now in too much of a state of disrepair to reopen. They have not cleaned the trough all year and there are weeds growing through the main lift hill.

theycallmealex
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:20 pm

Baffles wrote:
It will be a shame if Loggers remains closed. It has decent capacity, yet still had a constant long queue. It is a very pleasant trip around some very pretty scenery, and never lost its charm like The Flume did. I will always remember it as the flume that Princess Diana rode.

I find this seems to be a trend with Merlin - they are not given an adequate budget to maintain the rides if they need extensive repairs (CCR, Dragon Falls scenery, Safari Skyway etc) so just close the attraction or remove bits from them (eg the first drop roof).

Wouldn't be surprised if Loggers is now in too much of a state of disrepair to reopen. They have not cleaned the trough all year and there are weeds growing through the main lift hill.

The thing is, had Thorpe maintained Loggers more consistently rather than letting it rot, I'm sure that Loggers would still be on. Disney has been maintaining their rides for decades, look at Matterhorn! As a company that constantly compares themselves to them also it's just insane that they spend all this money on these rides initially and then just leave them when they're no longer functional..? I wonder sometimes how their brains work.

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:07 pm

Can we start a keep Loggers Leap campaign?

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:26 pm

timmy1372 wrote:
Can we start a keep Loggers Leap campaign?

Too late. As the park would probably eventually tell you, they'd love to reopen it but it seems to be beyond repair now. :(
Rides on Dragon's Fury since SRQ installed:

2016: 17 | 2017: 35

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:59 pm

Looking at a reply on the Thorpe Park Facebook Page from earlier today, it looks as if Logger's Leap will reopen in 2017.

Loggers Leap is still under redevelopment for 2017 Jonti! We hope for it to make a splashback soon

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:19 pm

Ooooooh there is hope yet for the old beast

kris3012
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:48 pm

Image looks like loggers won't return next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:26 pm

If it doesn't return next year, I can't see that it ever will.