UK theme parks from another point of view!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Swarm

Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:40 pm

Ryan.B wrote:
Sawboss wrote:
Just wondered if anyone has the instrumental music for the Swarm queue line or is it a case of the park don't want to release it? First time I went on it I was humming that bass for days.

There's a YouTube video by coolcabbage43 that is the area music, pretty good quality, I'll send you the link if you can't find it. :)

You mean this?
Rides on Dragon's Fury since SRQ installed:

2016: 17 | 2017: 35

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:07 pm

Yes, I believe that's what is played in that area on the speakers, I believe that's what sawboss meant. :)
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

SmileAlways
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:14 pm

Could anyone tell me how the queue line works for this ride? I'm heading to Thorpe Park for the first time in July with 3 friends and obviously, we want to get on the same train (same row doesn't really matter) does anyone know if this is possible?
If you hear people singing random songs on a rollercoaster, it's probably me and my best friend #SmileAlways

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:17 pm

Normal, then there is a point where the sides split off (A bit like Air/Galactica) you can go over the bridge or stay on the right hand side, and after that it's the usual go to an airgate, like on any other coaster.
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:37 pm

SmileAlways wrote:
Could anyone tell me how the queue line works for this ride? I'm heading to Thorpe Park for the first time in July with 3 friends and obviously, we want to get on the same train (same row doesn't really matter) does anyone know if this is possible?

The queue's entrance leads into three queues - normal, fastrack and the old "brave it backwards" queue. Presumably, you'll be in the normal queue, which heads to the right (it's clearly signposted). From there, the queue is fairly standard (and unnecessarily long). If the extension queue is open (and I've only ever queued in the extension once), you'll have to go over a bridge which travels under the ride's lift hill, only to come back over it later. Eventually, you reach a point where you hand in your bags and any loose articles before entering the station. Due to the nature of the ride, the station has two sides as each row of four is separated by the track, meaning that it would be impossible to load all four seats from one gate. As you enter the station, the queue splits, with the right-hand queue heading over a bridge to the far side of the station and the left-hand queue heading in a straight line. Sometimes, you are given the choice as to which side you pick, but not always. Whenever possible, I choose not to cross the bridge, as I find the ride more enjoyable if I board from the nearside station. Whatever happens, you should all choose the same side. After a short queue in the station, you will reach the air gates (the gates you wait in prior to boarding), which can hold 4-6 people. Each gate represents a numbered row from 1-7. At this point, you will need to choose your rows. As two people board each train, the four of you will need to split into two pairs and wait in different rows. In order to be on the same train, you should ensure that there is an equal number of trainloads in front of both pairs (eg 4 people in front of each pair). All being well, you should all end up on the same train and should all be sitting next to one other person from your group.

Hope I helped! :)

SmileAlways
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:50 pm

Which side would you say has the best ride? And would you do best side first or worst side first?
If you hear people singing random songs on a rollercoaster, it's probably me and my best friend #SmileAlways

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:09 pm

The right side seems to be the general favourite of quite a few people, myself included, but it doesn't mean the right side is far better than the left. Its one of those coasters where until you have tried both sides, several times, in different seats, you can't choose which is best. I personall would go left side first, to get a feel for it, than go right side to really enjoy it. And for me personally, front row outside seat is by far the best position (Although i'm sure others will disagree with seating)
Even the good can fall from grace

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:43 pm

Edge seat, right-hand side, either back or front row (they're about equal IMO) for me! :)

iamradam
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, Oxfordland, United Oxdom, Oxfordonia, Planet Ox

The Swarm

Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:40 am

Back row, right, outside seat, some major G-forces on the zero-G roll and throughout.
Front row, right or left, outside seat for an amazing build up, great views at the top, amazing headchoppers (especially on left) and building tension at the dive loop drop.