UK theme parks from another point of view!

Trisnie
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:14 pm

I don't know if we can add a poll and with the new guidelines I'm hesitant to start a new topic with a poll
but on the whole do people think it's worth the extra wait to q for the backwards car?

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:31 pm

Trisnie wrote:
I don't know if we can add a poll and with the new guidelines I'm hesitant to start a new topic with a poll
but on the whole do people think it's worth the extra wait to q for the backwards car?

Queue for it at the end of the day or first thing then its a short queue. I would only queue extra for the front row :) Back row isn't worth more than 20-30 mins queue

Sam198
TT Member
TT Member

The Swarm: Left or Right?

Sat May 11, 2013 5:51 pm

So, it's been around long enough now for us as enthusiasts (as with all rides) to develop a preference for a particular row or individual seat.

By the physical nature of the winged train configuration, the seats on each side of the track tend to give a very different ride experience in terms of forces and visuals alike. Which do you lot prefer, and why?

Personally, I enjoy the sensation of being on top of the banking in certain corners (in this case, the inclined loop and turnaround), and so tend to be drawn towards the left hand side for this reason alone. (Watch a POV to see what I mean by this.) Although I find the theming interaction is marginally better on this side, particularly around the station fly-over/roll.

On the other hand, being lifted up and over the inverted drop is a fantastic feeling, and the negative rotation (and accompanying forces) through the Og roll and corkscrew on the right hand side is also something I appreciate.

TheBoyWithOneEye
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Swarm: Left or Right?

Sat May 11, 2013 5:55 pm

I did left becuase your higher and it feels a bit faster :/. Also the pond next to the fire engine is cool when you go past it :D

Alex.D
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Right front or back seats. I don't particularly like the left side... This is based on 2012 train config. not the silly backwards seating.
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97

Krazycoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 11, 2013 7:32 pm

Right seat on the right side- highest point of the ride.
Hey, that rhymes.
Towers Times
:moj

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 11, 2013 7:41 pm

Mines right hand front seat, right hand side going over the inverted drop, over the track is pure ecstasy to be honest!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat May 11, 2013 10:06 pm

I clicked the wrong one :/

obliviben
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 11, 2013 10:19 pm

Does anyone else find the padding on the restraints uncomfortable? The other day when I rode it my collor bone felt so sore afterwards and ruined the ride for me  :(

Altitude
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 12, 2013 11:11 am

So people vote the right side purely because they go 6ft higher than the other side? Wow.

Krazycoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 12, 2013 11:27 am

Altitude wrote:
So people vote the right side purely because they go 6ft higher than the other side? Wow.

Pretty much, yeah. Do you not care?
More rhymes,
peace out Towers Times
:moj

homer22422
TT Member
TT Member

The Swarm

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:12 pm

I was browsing through Wikipedia's page of the swarm and I had noticed that in the subheading named Themes that there will be a new theme element to it.
I don't know if this is a troll or not
If it is a troll and wiki removes it theme don't rage at me... plz XD

Danny
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Re: The Swarm adding a theme element

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:20 pm

It says there will be an over turned tractor now

Th13TEENGUY
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:31 pm

Although the swarm has brilliant themeing i must say it doesnt make sense, whats a little english church doong next to a huge american billboard?
But im sure the tractor will be a good element to add if its true.
LCFC til i die

SwEDEN
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:27 pm

I would love them to add another building like structure and not just vechiles, just a little like hollow building to resemble like a block of flats etc, but the tractor sounds cool!  :D

Danny
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:43 pm

It seems they really are trying to make this coaster world class. Unfortunately I don't think it's anywhere near world class and never will be but that's just my opinion ;)

SwEDEN
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:15 pm

danny.g97 wrote:
It seems they really are trying to make this coaster world class. Unfortunately I don't think it's anywhere near world class and never will be but that's just my opinion ;)

If only they were able to change sections of the layout to make it that little bit more thrilling and exiting! :'(

Edit: I don't actually realistically know what more they could do with the space tbh!
Last edited by SwEDEN on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danny
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Don't get me wrong, it is by far the best ride there, however it hasn't got nothing on all the other wing riders I've seen other than theming

tallicay2k
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Swarms theming is absolutely brilliant. The plane, church and the fire engine...how can we forget the fire engine? I love the flame burst.

Swarm and Saw are unfortunately the only best themed rides at Thorpe.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY

Qwan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:27 pm

tallicay2k wrote:
Swarm and Saw are unfortunately the only best themed rides at Thorpe.

While I agree that Swarm and Saw are the best themed at the park I always feel the theme of Nemesis Inferno is often overlooked. Don't get me wrong it isn't as good as the two mentioned above however. The mountain, you walk up into a volcano before you start flying around the rain forest-esk world.
For a ride made in 2003 I think it is quite good (again I am not comparing it to any American counterparts here)

Although back on topic, the new billboard this season is a very good addition, it is a shame it isn't more British themed to match the rest of the area however when I went last week all the effects were working and it was very nice sight indeed.