Discussion on the island like no other.

The Swarm

TT Member
User

ShoesU

The Swarm: Front Row Queue

by ShoesU » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Is the way the front row queue works a bad idea?  Even though you queue up for front row passes you still have to queue when entering the station and they still fill up the front row even if people dont have those silly little passes.

Its even more annoying when the queue is quite and they dont have the front row queue operating and when you ask to go to the front the staff are miserable about it..if they offer a front row queue then it should be in operation at all times no matter how big or small the queue is.  At the end of the day you pay money to get in and if you have the option to sit at the front then you should be able to without being made to feel as though its wrong.
TT Member
User

Rocket

The Swarm: Front Row Queue

by Rocket » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:30 pm

The front row queue is a bit silly. Some staff are strict about having the passes to go front row.
I find if you join front row if it's only you in the queue you still have to wait ages for the batcher to let you in.
I think you should only be able to ride front row with one of the passes, that will reduce the front row queues in the station are people always try to move from row 2 or 3 to front row :(
TT Member
User

Rollermad

Re: The Swarm: Front Row Queue

by Rollermad » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:53 am

Front row is normally a extra 5 minutes with pass but if it's not too busy look on both sides to see shortest queue. ;)

TT Member
User

JoshC.

by JoshC. » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:36 am

The front row queue's fundamental flaw is where it starts.

Splitting up before the station means that guests have no clue how long the front row queues are, and it requires a lot of good communication between staff to work well.  The queues in the station area often become congested and confusing..  There was a lot of though put into the station area, but the late decision to add a front row queue without integrating it into the station doesn't really reflect that.

Personally, I think the way Th13teen works with it's front row system would've worked well for Swarm, but ah well...
Who is Lez Cougan?
I am Lez Cougan.
We are Lez Cougan.
TT Member
User

Rollermad

by Rollermad » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:00 am

JoshC. wrote:The front row queue's fundamental flaw is where it starts.

Splitting up before the station means that guests have no clue how long the front row queues are, and it requires a lot of good communication between staff to work well.  The queues in the station area often become congested and confusing..  There was a lot of though put into the station area, but the late decision to add a front row queue without integrating it into the station doesn't really reflect that.

Personally, I think the way Th13teen works with it's front row system would've worked well for Swarm, but ah well...

13's front row is good. Nemesis and inferno don't have have a bad front queue.
TT Member
User

jackgcse

by jackgcse » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:32 pm

It is incredibly stupid, I have spoken to many staff whilst on my trips, and they have all said how diabolical the design team was with this Front row queue!!

TT Member
User

HFantasma

Swarm Fire Effect now operational?

by HFantasma » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:00 pm

Thorpe Park recently added a photo of The Swarm fire effect in operation. Anyone been to the park and seen it?
Sorry I don't how to get the link on this stupid phone but if I do I'll link it.
Next Trip: Alton Towers 16/17 October!
TT Member
User

ponder

Re: Swarm Fire Effect now operational?

by ponder » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Here you go :)

Some fantastic comments on the photo. I genuinely fear for the future of humanity sometimes.

TT Member
User

HFantasma

by HFantasma » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:08 pm

Ah sweet, thanks!
Yeah I know, because the first thing Thorpe would do is post a Facebook photo of a real life disaster lol!
Looks good though, can't wait to ride it again!
TT Member
User

Tom G

by Tom G » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:16 pm

It's great to see them still adding effects/theming. If only they had done the same with Thirteen!
TT Member
User

RollercoasterGEEK100

by RollercoasterGEEK100 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:59 pm

I might be going thorpe park. I need to see how effective this effect is.  :shock:

Credit to NemesisRider
TT Member
User

Matt-1509

by Matt-1509 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:54 pm

Fire is pretty awesome! Here are some shots I too yesterday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k84d6Ag5cWQ
TT Member
User

SwEDEN

by SwEDEN » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:12 pm

I wish they would also do it when it passes closest to the fire engine, before the station flyover. But i'm so thankful it is there and properly functioning and it's look awesome :)
TT Member
User

Rollermad

by Rollermad » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:56 pm

HFantasma wrote:Thorpe Park recently added a photo of The Swarm fire effect in operation. Anyone been to the park and seen it?
Sorry I don't how to get the link on this stupid phone but if I do I'll link it.

It's been there for over a month I remember, also I think someone has made this topic a few pages back or on the swarm topic ;)

TT Member
User

HFantasma

by HFantasma » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:12 pm

When I went there, three weeks ago for a trip it wasn't, then two weeks ago for work it wasn't functional and when my workmates went last Wednesday it wasn't functional.

Just checked for a specific topic and couldn't find anything and looked on the Swarm thread and there was nothing revealed about it functioning. Only the the H&S had been cleared but they were having tech problems.
I could get a confirmation date though, one of our team is a ride op there.
Last edited by HFantasma on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TT Member
User

Rollermad

by Rollermad » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:46 am

HFantasma wrote:When I went there, three weeks ago for a trip it wasn't, then two weeks ago for work it wasn't functional and when my workmates went last Wednesday it wasn't functional.

Just checked for a specific topic and couldn't find anything and looked on the Swarm thread and there was nothing revealed about it functioning. Only the the H&S had been cleared but they were having tech problems.
I could get a confirmation date though, one of our team is a ride op there.

I might have been wrong but I'm sure it's been going for a fortnight.
TT Member
User

Chaz

Swarm Fire Effect now operational?

by Chaz » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:35 pm

Nope, only been live for a few days. Was tested a few weeks ago (some videos posted around) but not operational for ages. Major H&S sign off needed.

Looks amazing, let's hope Tidal's comes back in the closed season then!
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

[url=http://www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7[/url]
TT Member
User

Rollermad

by Rollermad » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:12 am

Chaz wrote:Nope, only been live for a few days. Was tested a few weeks ago (some videos posted around) but not operational for ages. Major H&S sign off needed.

Looks amazing, let's hope Tidal's comes back in the closed season then!

Oh I probably saw it testing :)
TT Member
User

altontowers101

by altontowers101 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:00 pm

i saw the fire today and its really hot!!!
i like to see them trying to make it better :twisted:
TT Member
User

Henry

The Swarm Confirmed Modifications

by Henry » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:09 pm

The Swarms rear seats are being modified to face backwards and will have a new restraint system with nothing to hold on to for the 2013 season.

http://riderater.co.uk/2013/rear-seats-to-face-backwards-on-the-swarm/

I think Thorpe Park are really making the Swarm a top class rides
Last edited by Henry on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
Next