Re: The Swarm

by Morgan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:47 pm

Community Advocate
User

Dan

by Dan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:15 pm

Morgan wrote:Image

That is pretty much what they said in the tweet that I've linked to on the previous page....
TT Member
User

Morgan

by Morgan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:16 pm

Oh, I hadn't seen that
Community Advocate
User

Jack

by Jack » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:29 pm

This will be very interesting, was never a fan of Brave it Backwards and so if the seating is returned to forward I will be more than happy! :)
TT Member
User

Max

by Max » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:18 am

Agreed. I have feint memories of back row forwards and I recall it being pretty intense. Never been a fan of backwards, felt and looked like a gimmick. Interesting times ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
TT Member
User

RedStar98

by RedStar98 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:24 pm

I always preferred going on it backwards, that's a shame, does anyone know why they're changing this now? I can't see any obvious reason why they would choose to change it.
thanks to lewis97
Community Advocate
User

Justin

by Justin » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:12 pm

I can't remember if I have ridden back row on The Swarm during 2012, but while fun, the backwards element does not bother me so much now. I think that was evident for Thorpe after the 2013 season too, as passes were soon phased out in 2014 and to my knowledge non existent in 2015.
It will be a shame not to have the option, but I wouldn't rule out its return in a few years time with Thorpe heavily marketing the BIB aspect again.
Community Advocate
User

Owen

by Owen » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:03 pm

I'm really quite gutted about this, it's not as if it wasn't popular as it almost always had the back rows filled. It also means that Thorpe Park (and the theme park industry) are being stripped of a unique experience.

I think the worst part of this is the fact they are likely going to be covering this up with GHOST TRAIN's hype which is really quite disappointing - oh well, on the bright side, the lucky people to experience the sensation of falling backwards down the initial drop will be able to say that they have had an experience that no one will have ever again!
Community Advocate
User

Justin

by Justin » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:55 pm

Owen wrote:I think the worst part of this is the fact they are likely going to be covering this up with GHOST TRAIN's hype which is really quite disappointing - oh well, on the bright side, the lucky people to experience the sensation of falling backwards down the initial drop will be able to say that they have had an experience that no one will have ever again!

Never say never!
TT Member
User

timmy1372

by timmy1372 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:57 pm

I personally thought backwards was a genius idea, it effectively gave the ride 2 rows of front seats, albeit one was backwards, with completely unrestricted views front and back, most roller-coasters only offer an unrestricted view on one row of the train, not 2!

TT Member
User

themealgang

by themealgang » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:23 pm

I'm really happy that Thorpe Park have made the decision to reverse The Swarm to its original direction.

It was an awful experience. It made me feel ill and the cars on the back end of the train looked just bizarre going in a backwards direction.

Great decision, in my opinion. It's popularity was dwindling by the end of 2015.
TT Member
User

JonDoesTT

by JonDoesTT » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:10 pm

So upset that the back two rows will face forwards again, the experience of riding it backwards was incredible, and I'll definitely miss it.

Credit to NemesisRider

TT Member
User

stealthsmiler

by stealthsmiler » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:53 pm

I think it's a shame to see it go. Although I personally preferred forwards I also enjoyed backwards and always rode both. It made people want to ride it twice. People who didn't enjoy it could simply avoid it. I think it's a bad decision and I can see a lot of people bringing it up on social media. Unless this year is designed to do that so that next year they can bring it back "due to popular demand" and hype it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fabulous
User

Dom

by Dom » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:09 pm

SouthParks Facebook page have just posted a video of The Swarm testing with all rows facing forward, confirming that Brave It Backwards has left the coaster.
TT Member
User

Max

by Max » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:03 pm

I'm actually really happy this has happened, wasn't really a fan of BiB and made the queues dreadful when it ran one train, like the main part of last season. Exciting times ahead.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Community Advocate
User

Dan

by Dan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:04 am

I'm really looking forward to trying out back row Swarm facing forwards.

Glad to see the back of Brave It Backwards.
Community Advocate
User

Luce

by Luce » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:21 pm

I'm certainly excited about enjoying the back row forwards again as it was my favourite area of the ride to sit even if it does remove the rather unique views you got whilst riding backwards before.

TT Member
User

Sawboss

by Sawboss » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:55 pm

Just wondered if anyone has the instrumental music for the Swarm queue line or is it a case of the park don't want to release it? First time I went on it I was humming that bass for days.

TT Member
User

Thalia94

by Thalia94 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:58 pm

Most of the music is a song called The Swarm by You Me At Six. The instrumental version could be what your thinking of
TT Member
User

Ryan.B

by Ryan.B » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:37 am

Sawboss wrote:Just wondered if anyone has the instrumental music for the Swarm queue line or is it a case of the park don't want to release it? First time I went on it I was humming that bass for days.

There's a YouTube video by coolcabbage43 that is the area music, pretty good quality, I'll send you the link if you can't find it. :)
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net
PreviousNext