UK theme parks from another point of view!

TobyOfTheTowers
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Swarm

Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:43 pm

saw-x-smile wrote:
Swarm is a fantastic attraction and I don't think it gets the credit it deserves. It's theming is so amazing, the burnt church is incredible and it was clear that this attraction was designed with Fright Nights in mind, because they've managed to create an experience that totally changes after dark. I can see what they were trying to accomplish with the theme song, and although it is a tad strange, it's still commendable. The entire experience is one of the best that Thorpe has to offer, and they knocked it so far out of the ball park. 

I agree. For me it's my number 1 coaster and definitely the best coaster in the UK. Controversial but I personally think it's a better attraction than Wicker Man. The theming is spot on, the eerie sound effect played when a train swoops past is excellent and the queue-line videos really immerse you into it even more. If you showed anyone who's never been to Thorpe Park the fake news report played in the queue, I guarantee they'd think it's real.

The only issues I've heard people say they have with it is that the actual ride itself is tame and lacks intensity. To me, a coaster doesnt need epic intensity to be a good ride, and while I would have agreed that The Swarm is pretty tame previously, on my visits this season it's gotten really intense. I almost greyed out a couple of times whilst riding it this season! I feel like the ride is very underrated and always gets overshadowed by more "extreme" rides such as Stealth or Colossus. I think The Swarm is the backbone of Thorpe Park. No one would recognise it if it went, but if it did go Thorpe Park wouldn't feel the same.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:10 pm

The Swarm is just an awesome coaster.  I agree, it is severely under rated. Its such a fun coaster and that first drop has such a buzz for me. 
Parks, Scares and Glitter on Facebook

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:51 pm

None of the queue line screens are working, except for the ones in the overflow line by the toilets, which of course isn't in use! :lol

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:42 pm

That is a shame!
Come on Thorpe, repair them for Fright Nights :)

nicky.borrill
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:46 pm

Sound system was pointless too today, could barely hear the music and the voice overs, it was really bad. Still the best ride in the park though. Front row, right hand side, outside seat is my absoloute favourite. Though front, left, outside is good too.