UK theme parks from another point of view!

addy2503
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Colossus

Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Perhaps they decided that running it on 2 trains was unsafe for their bank account?

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:45 am

Justin wrote:
It has been on one train all season, to the best of my knowledge, which isn't great considering it is one of the parks major attractions. Does anyone know what has happened to the second train?

It ran on two when I visited at the end of June. Only time this season I've seen it that way, but it definitely did. So the second train definitely can/could run, maybe my visit was a test? Might have something to do with the fact that it was a quiet day; on a busy day, dispatch times are so slow that people would be stuck on the brake run for ages. Not that that's any excuse.
Rides on Dragon's Fury since SRQ installed:

2016: 17 | 2017: 35

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:44 am

Yesterday I had the worst ride I've ever had on Colossus, I had a gigantic headache and had to sit down and rest for a bit. Probably gonna avoid it next time, I think the ride needs ether new trains (Altair style), retrack or just scrap it. Don't know why the GP flock to this ride.

Also I heard the new soundtrack by IMAscore, not really a fan, its basically a remix of the island theme. Much preferred the old one.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!