UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Nemesis Inferno

Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:01 pm

Jamie wrote:
Inferno has picked up some intent this year and is much more forceful than in previous years.
I think as it becomes older the more intense and thats a good thing!

Credit to NemesisRider

Lee
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:02 pm

I think you mean nemesis inferior?  :P

I enjoy the final helix before the station, the force is immense at that point.

TheOutpatient
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:24 pm

You forgot to put tunnel in the options - thats my favourite thing about it.
2nd is the way it brought the Nemesis theme/brand to Thorpe. I think it really stepped up the appeal of Thorpe.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:14 pm

Definitely the blasting music this year... as well as the tunnel (only) when the mist is on full!
obviously the ride in general is great as well - if the tunnel effects aren't working, then have to say the final helix! :P
Last edited by DeanGaryCox on Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2014

Mark.aa
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Nemesis or nemesis inferno

Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:11 am

What makes Nemesis at Alton work over Thorpe's Inferno is the original ride was sunk in the ground to get around planning issues with height. That created a unique ride due to the diving into pits, closeness to walls and objects and how close the queue line interacted with the ride.
Also the hidden track layout as you cannot see the whole track layout. The roll over the station, the ride diving past the mushroom cloud tours bus and the tight loop near station queue are the best parts to watch when not riding.
It looks good to watch without riding it.
The ride pits added to the theming, and the way the paint on the track has made to look old and not been cleaned and reprinted.

Thorpe's is similar to an American coaster that's just been dropped into the park. The theming at the station and volcano is good but they should have changed the name to stop people comparing the two rides.
The ride's good but not the same ride experience.
Last edited by Mark.aa on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Nemesis or nemesis inferno

Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:05 pm

Mark.aa wrote:
What makes Nemesis at Alton work over Thorpe's Inferno is the original ride was sunk in the ground to get around planning issues with height. That created a unique ride due to the diving into pits, closeness to walls and objects and how close the queue line interacted with the ride.
Also the hidden track layout as you cannot see the whole track layout. The roll over the station, the ride diving past the mushroom cloud tours bus and the tight loop near station queue are the best parts to watch when not riding.
It looks good to watch without riding it.
The ride pits added to the theming, and the way the paint on the track has made to look old and not been cleaned and reprinted.

Thorpe's is similar to an American coaster that's just been dropped into the park. The theming at the station and volcano is good but they should have changed the name to stop people comparing the two rides.
The ride's good but not the same ride experience.

If people explained it more like you did, I think they'd understand better. Yes Nemesis and Nemesis Inferno are different ride experiences and I can show you John Wardley helped design inferno...

Credit to NemesisRider

Mark.aa
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Nemesis or Nemesis Inferno?

Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Wow, that would have been great if Nemesis Inferno went around Detonator. Just think of the near miss of the ride dropping past Nemesis' train doing down its first drop from lift hill.
May have taken something away from Detonator's presence as the open space it's now placed gives a better visual height and view of park.
Last edited by Mark.aa on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

obliviongirl
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Nemesis or Nemesis Inferno?

Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:27 am

Overall, like many, I much prefer Nemesis. It's a lot more intense, which I enjoy in a coaster, and, to be honest, it is the classic. I find the loop on Nemesis a lot rougher, but in a good way, if that makes sense. Inferno is great too, but I just don't get the same thrill from it as I do Nemesis.

Mark.aa
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:22 am

The first part as you enter the smoke filled tunnel.
Went to Thorpe during fright nights and the thick smoke and lights in the dark were prefect. You couldn't see the tunnel walls for the green fog.
Last edited by Mark.aa on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

obliviongirl
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:52 am

I like the tunnel at the beginning the best, too, with the smoke/mist and darkness, it sets a great tone for the ride. However, I also love the loop, but I always love loops, aha.

RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:15 am

I have to admit though, Nemesis Inferno's loop feels a lot more stomach punching than Nemesis'
Last edited by RollercoasterGEEK100 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to NemesisRider

Thorpe Towers 13
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:07 am

First off, I love Nemesis and Nemesis Inferno, they are both great rides. I prefer Nemesis' theming, but beside that, I think they both provide brilliant rides. For me the interlocking corkscrews are the best bit!!! I love it all, but that bit gives me the biggest buzz :)
Last edited by Thorpe Towers 13 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hands in the air and scream!

NickiFan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:00 pm

Is it just me that found that the prelift is fairly forceful? Also that loop is beautiful. Nemesis is better but Inferno is good too, better than I was expecting. The shop is disappointing, but the station makes up for that with the epic red lights and music. Its a good ride, not as good as Nemesis but good!
Last edited by NickiFan on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:33 pm

The option I would have chosen is not there and it's the Zero-G-Roll. Now it's not generally the roll itself but the exit out and into that sweeping turn. Some great forces there
Last edited by Ripsaw Raver on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123

Jared
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:11 pm

For me, it has the be the B&M "snap" through the wingovers on a cold, dark night at fright nights.

I kid you not, I've had better rides on Nemesis Inferno than Nemesis, but alas that discussion is for another topic. :)

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:09 am

I actually quite enjoy Nemesis Inferno. I do think that they should change the name to just Inferno. The tunnel bit is probably my favourite bit of the ride. Its a bit different from other rides I have ridden and it is really fun in the dark.
Even the good can fall from grace

RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:57 pm

Nemesis Inferno is one of those rides you just want to ride over and over again

DrReeve
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:16 am

schmatt wrote:
Really don't understand the hate for inferno. Its got high g force a great drop and is nice and smooth (the latter 2 i can't say for the original nemesis, especially the smoothness of the ride) sure its not the most unique layout but its certinetly alot better than the batman clones, and i'd go as far to say its better than the original nemi, however thats most likely i find nemises producing some serious headbanging and come off with a headache every time, where as on inferno, i come off fealing nice and dizzy. On another note you cant say its not extremly photogenic!
Also anyone that doesn't adore the pre-lift section is just wrong.
I think the real reason it gets so much hate is the use of the name nemesis as it will constantly be compared with the other more iconic ride. On its own it's the worst out of the big five at Thorpe. But it still provides a great ride and is fun and I would hate to see it go.
Image credit to Lewis97

Thorpe Towers 13
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:35 am

I hope they dont remove it! Yes I admit I prefer Nemesis, but you cannot compare them, both are pretty much totally different rides (apart from name and type). I like the story that goes with it as well, though not very well known :)

NickiFan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:48 pm

I love Nemesis Inferno! It will look awful now though because Merlin messed up, sigh, I do hope they attempt to make it still look good because to be fair, it is a good looking coaster. Just not sure how it will look against all the colours of Angry birds when its supposed to be a dark theme...humm:/