UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Nemesis Inferno

Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:52 pm

I love the pre lift hill section through the volcano, just a shame the lights and more to the point the mist isn't always working. I love the blasting theme tune (probably my favourite one at thorpe, mainly because its so loud). It's one of those thrill rides that doesn't stand out to do anything special, but something that's relatively forceful, and so enjoyable without being rough that I could ride it again and again and not be bored of it (or come off with a headache which happens on the others)! :)

RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:14 pm

The reason i have my so called obsession with Inferno is because its smooth, remember able, forceful tbh and the dizziness at the end is just a good sensation. I'd say the force of Inferno is constant where as Nemesis is just on the helix if im honest... Also imo it is unique in the fact that you can't find a B&M with a similar layout.

DrReeve
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:32 pm

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:
The reason i have my so called obsession with Inferno is because its smooth, remember able, forceful tbh and the dizziness at the end is just a good sensation. I'd say the force of Inferno is constant where as Nemesis is just on the helix if im honest... Also imo it is unique in the fact that you can't find a B&M with a similar layout.
I hate to say this but nemesis is constantly forceful. But inferno is really a good ride so unappreciated.
Image credit to Lewis97

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:40 am

I just really wish they would get the mist sorted on the ride. I have ridden it hundreds of time and only a hand full of those has the mist every worked.

awsomelycoolboy
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:12 pm

Anyone ever think that there may be a Nemesis Aqua? At Chessington or something? Or even Drayton Manor (wait, is Drayton even a part of Merlin?)

Also thh I prefer Nemesis Inferno's Music than Nemesis' but I still think Nemesis is a better ride
Last edited by awsomelycoolboy on Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:13 pm

awsomelycoolboy wrote:
Anyone ever think that there may be a Nemesis Aqua? At Chessington or something? Or even Drayton Manor (wait, is Drayton even a part of Merlin?)

No, drayton is independant, and I don't believe there will be a nemesis aqua, as cool as I can picture it in my head :)

awsomelycoolboy
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:15 pm

But Chessington is part of Merlin?

Jack
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:20 pm

http://merlinannualpass.co.uk/attraction-map.aspx

These are what merlin own, and yes, chessington is one of them ;)

awsomelycoolboy
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:56 pm

Ah, thanks

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:06 am

Thee is no Nemesis Aqua at any Merlin Park, which is a shame as it sounds pretty cool :P
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

awsomelycoolboy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:22 am

I know right, it could be another ride to add to the Nemesis family. And maybe Nemesis Earth (or something like that, what's the elemental name for earth? Because water is Aqua, fire is inferno... Ect)

RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:02 pm

Nemesis Aqua isnt really a good name... I don't think Nemesis brand should expand anymore.

awsomelycoolboy
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:34 am

Nemesis Aqua isnt really a good name... I don't think Nemesis brand should expand anymore.

It's only because your not use to hearing it. Nemesis inferno sounds good, only cause I have heard it many times and you get use to it.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:45 am

That's true actually if you think about it, "Nemesis Inferno" doesn't really make sense.

Nemesis= "The inescapable agent of someone’s or something’s downfall"
Inferno= "A large fire that is dangerously out of control"

They're just two destruction/danger words put together to sound cool.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:06 am

I suppose the inferno could be the inescapable agent of someone/somethings downfall, but its a really weak line. I personally think they should drop the Nemesis and have the ride called simply, Inferno.

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:38 pm

I think Nemesis in the name is OK, if it gets changed I will start to worry about AT's Nemesis time left...

All it needs is theming and then we could call it Nemesis without any shame, it's underrated.

At least we can think of half decent ride names, so many rides in America are called Goliath... :lol

Chessington should get a Nemesis ride, more similar to Oziris though so it has one thrill ride.
I can picture Nemesis reborn, Nemesis aqua sounds a little stupid. If they though of another Nemesis name related to water, fine by me. Not Nemesis earth because of Sub terra. Nemesis tidal doesn't sound too bad I guess...
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:54 pm

Then Nemesis will loose it's good theme as it will become generic and loose it's uniqueness, apart from anything else in FV, Nemesis' theme should really be left alone.

awsomelycoolboy
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:30 pm

I don't think Nemmy is going anytime soon. The recent vote is clear proof. I can't seem to find it but Nemmy was voted favourite, stealing half the votes (something wants to tell me that it was 53%) also. For the 2014 season, is the smoke working in the mini volcanos on the top of inferno?

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:42 am

Nemesis Inferno is a great ride but has less of a unique selling point compared to the original Nemesis. I think that is why some people hate it, but otherwise it is a great ride.
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"

awsomelycoolboy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:41 am

Well. Last time I went to Thorpe and I rode nemesis my head was banging all over the place. I have never had that with inferno before.