Discussion on the island like no other.

Nemesis Inferno

Fabulous
User

Dom

Re: Nemesis Inferno

by Dom » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:15 pm

This coaster never fails to surprise me. I went on it last weekend (or the weekend before, can't exactly remember) and the mist was everywhere. The tunnel was full of it to the point you could hardly see and the queue line mini mist volcano's were working and spewing out a lot of mist.
TT Member
User

Burniel

by Burniel » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:12 pm

Dom wrote:This coaster never fails to surprise me. I went on it last weekend (or the weekend before, can't exactly remember) and the mist was everywhere. The tunnel was full of it to the point you could hardly see and the queue line mini mist volcano's were working and spewing out a lot of mist.

I found the cave to be very full of mist yesterday as well ... it's very effective.
Ride Count 2017: 83
Ride Count 2014-17: 793

TT Member
User

awsomelycoolboy

by awsomelycoolboy » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Wouldn't it be cool if they used real fire? Of course there is health and safety but. It would be possible... I think
TT Member
User

Burniel

by Burniel » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:01 pm

awsomelycoolboy wrote:Wouldn't it be cool if they used real fire? Of course there is health and safety but. It would be possible... I think

What if they built into the cave and put a fire well back behind a cage that's still obviously visible?
Ride Count 2017: 83
Ride Count 2014-17: 793

TT Member
User

NemesisRider

by NemesisRider » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:18 pm

Have Nemmy Inferno go directly through some fire. :lol

Problem solved. :D #-o
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"
TT Member
User

awsomelycoolboy

by awsomelycoolboy » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:45 pm

No, in all seriousness. It could well be done, I a Thorpe actually bother to. They do it in The London Dungeons. The shoot a giant flame right at you, it's even indoors too!
TT Member
User

NemesisRider

by NemesisRider » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:14 am

Fake fire would be an option. They could use fabric with lights and fan underneath to make it look like a real flame. Also, that would be safer.
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"
TT Member
User

Benji Stephens

by Benji Stephens » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:24 pm

Yeah! Inferno is in no way a terrible ride, and with that, if it was a separate ride entirely to Nemesis at Alton Towers, i don't think people would hate on it as much! It has lots of G's and has great inversions but i still do prefer Nemesis. :D
TT Member
User

NemesisRider

by NemesisRider » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:30 pm

Still, the only reason it is Nemesis Inferno is because TP needed a strong brand to turn Thorpe into a real thrill park. A brand that wouldn't fail.

Also, I expect, after people have riden Nemmy Inferno, they go to AT to ride the AT Nemmy. Win win situation for Merlin there because that means more profit.
TT Member
User

RollercoasterGEEK100

by RollercoasterGEEK100 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:36 pm

Nemesis Inferno! wow. It was on point today! It was so forceful. That was probably the best ever ride I've ever had on it today. The loop was so intense, the 2 helix's made me really dizzy it was unreal! It feels like it pulled more G's that normal and especially the back row! I'm sorry but that had to be on par with Nemesis today.
TT Member
User

sw7nutter

by sw7nutter » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:01 pm

One reason it would have been much more forceful today would be because of the heat. Nemesis inferno really speeds up when its above 20 degrees so it would have been entering those elements much faster than normal. I imagine colossus was also flying along today.
TT Member
User

RollercoasterGEEK100

by RollercoasterGEEK100 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:10 pm

sw7nutter wrote:One reason it would have been much more forceful today would be because of the heat. Nemesis inferno really speeds up when its above 20 degrees so it would have been entering those elements much faster than normal. I imagine colossus was also flying along today.

Colossus was literally rampaging through the course today haha! It was probably the heat that made Nemesis Inferno faster... Probably went about 50/52 mph if I'm honest.

TT Member
User

Hazard

by Hazard » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:47 am

Nemesis Inferno was much quicker today than it was a few weeks ago when I went to the park. Infact it was much quicker on my first ride around 11am? (when it finally opened) than when I went on it again around 1pm. Super quick but loved it.
TT Member
User

iamradam

by iamradam » Fri May 06, 2016 6:45 pm

Found this lovely 2003 footage of Nemesis Inferno. Check out the fake lava on the floor! Also I can't seem to put my finger on the music playing in the area? Seems Alton Towers-ish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGI5HS26uhc
TT Member
User

SkuM001

by SkuM001 » Sun May 08, 2016 11:52 am

iamradam wrote:Found this lovely 2003 footage of Nemesis Inferno. Check out the fake lava on the floor! Also I can't seem to put my finger on the music playing in the area? Seems Alton Towers-ish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGI5HS26uhc

I remember being at the park on opening day in 2003 and commenting that creating a lava effect out of loose woodchips was a terrible idea as it would never be maintained.

The music is for Detonator, it was always much louder than Nemesis Inferno music back then and usually drowned it out.
TT Member
User

GThing64

by GThing64 » Fri May 13, 2016 10:43 pm

Oh, and the reason the music may seem Alton-y is because it was originally used in the Black Hole station.
TT Member
User

iamradam

by iamradam » Sun May 15, 2016 10:33 am

That's how I remember it! Black Hole was one of my earliest Alton Towers memories so maybe the music is ingrained in my mind haha.
TT Member
User

iamradam

by iamradam » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:10 am

On my visit 26/05 I noticed how bad Ninferno looks now. Its age has really come through and the track looks very brown, worn and unloved. I'm surprised it doesn't get as much mention as Colossus' paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Community Advocate
User

Owen

by Owen » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:29 am

I personally don't see an issue with Nemesis Inferno, I've not noticed the track looking very bad as of late, although they could point the bright red wall the train exists the station from! :P
TT Member
User

Robert W

by Robert W » Sun May 14, 2017 12:26 am

Nemesis Inferno could have had more interaction with the landscape a bit like Alton Towers Nemesis does interact with the landscape like having tunnels and cliffs. Infernos rock work and theming looks fake and the rest of the rollercoaster track doesn't look anything special in the way Nemesis is at Alton Towers.
PreviousNext