by Martin » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:36 pm

I've just had a Tweet from Thorpe Park.
It's definitely open
TT Member
User

definedancing

Re: Slammer

by definedancing » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:41 pm

lewis97 wrote:Where are you viewing the queue times for Thorpe Park?

With the app.
Community Advocate
User

Dan

by Dan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:58 pm

definedancing wrote:

With the app.

The app only shows you the queue times if you're on the park, it's only Alton who let you view queue times from outside the resort.
Team TTSP
User

lewis97

by lewis97 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:26 pm

definedancing wrote:

With the app.

Oh okay, thought there might be a website that's kept updated with live queue times like ridetimes.co.uk.
Forum Leader
User

Danny

by Danny » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:23 pm

I think if you go on the reserve n ride that will tell you the current queue times :)q
TT Member
User

definedancing

by definedancing » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:50 pm

Dan.N wrote:
definedancing wrote:

With the app.

The app only shows you the queue times if you're on the park, it's only Alton who let you view queue times from outside the resort.

Unless you adjust your location settings so it can't prove you're in the park :)
TT Member
User

ponder

by ponder » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:46 pm

DannyG wrote:I think if you go on the reserve n ride that will tell you the current queue times :)q

No it won't. Reserve and Ride will only give you queue times for attractions using the RnR system, which at the moment is only being trialled (unsuccessfully) on rollercoasters.

I can confirm that Slammer was definitely open on Monday, though. The Reserve & Ride system, however, was abandoned before 11am, apparently due to the server crashing.
TT Member
User

sw7nutter

by sw7nutter » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:42 pm

Yeah reserve and ride crashed within hours because whoever came up with the stupid idea didn't realises that 15000 people in the park would mean 15000 people using it at the same time. Slammer was working Monday, hit a problem which meant it didn't open Tuesday and was back in operation Wednesday.
Fabulous
User

Dom

by Dom » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:43 pm

Slammer was operational and i finally got to ride it. I think its bloody fantastic. Absolute rush or adrenaline and its fun too.
TT Member
User

Benji Stephens

by Benji Stephens » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:40 pm

Dom wrote:Slammer was operational and i finally got to ride it. I think its bloody fantastic. Absolute rush or adrenaline and its fun too.

I totally agree! It is my favourite flat ride and I'm so glad Thorpe has put in the money to 'fix' it. It gives you air time, G's and a huge thrill as you get flung over the top! :D
TT Member
User

Themeparksandy1981

by Themeparksandy1981 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:26 pm

I can't believe that it is only 10 years old next year and it's the only 1 left. Has it ever gone a season without any major downtime?
TT Member
User

sw7nutter

by sw7nutter » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:04 pm

No it hasnt, i cant remember if it was 2006 or 2007 but it didnt have much then. However its never had a season of full operation. They are plagued with problems and will almost certain not last another 5 years.
Team Admin
User

Chris

by Chris » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:39 am

It's a trerribly designed ride in every aspect.

Thorpe have done really well for keeping it going as long as it has done.
TT Member
User

Hari

by Hari » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:42 pm

Baffles wrote:It's a trerribly designed ride in every aspect.

I completely disagree with that. Its a brilliantly designed ride but its very complex. I also found out that they close it halfway through the day for about an hour or so for maintenance. Pretty amazing at how the park are willing to keep it up and running. I went on it and, man what a rush! The G-Forces were fantastic :)
TT Member
User

sw7nutter

by sw7nutter » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:12 am

From an engineers point of view it is a terrible design which does not do the job its intended to do. When it does its great but it has a lot of problems. The structure is put under a lot of strain and needs repairs. The system cant work if its slightly unbalanced due to underpowered motors. The list goes on, its a bad design, however its a good ride.
Team Admin
User

Chris

by Chris » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:52 pm

It is a nice concept and idea, but built poorly. From the uncomfortable seats, ugly exposed wiring, to cheap handrails etc - it is not exactly made with quality in mind.

I was in the team for Catapult at Six Flags New England when that opened, which was worse. The prototype had even more problems - stranding people upside down and having lapbars which continually sucked inwards..
Community Advocate
User

Jack

by Jack » Thu May 28, 2015 12:23 pm

Thorpe Park Mania are reporting that Slammer has opened for the first time this season today. Nothing on how it is running as of yet but I am hoping they have got it to run reliably this season. :)
TT Member
User

CorkyForever

by CorkyForever » Thu May 28, 2015 9:03 pm

^It was testing a lot on Tuesday with the dummies. It did look like it might have got stuck at least once though because a staff member was harnessed up on the platform.
Most Recent Visit
TT Member
User

sw7nutter

by sw7nutter » Fri May 29, 2015 2:56 am

It still has its 2:30pm check up, as for its reliability it lasted just over an hour before it's first break down.
TT Member
User

Cobby

by Cobby » Sat May 30, 2015 8:52 pm

lewis97 wrote:
definedancing wrote:

With the app.

Oh okay, thought there might be a website that's kept updated with live queue times like ridetimes.co.uk.

Sorry to go back a few posts but there is a website like ukridetimes for thorpe park it can be found here. :D

https://queue-times.com/park/thorpe-park
PreviousNext