UK theme parks from another point of view!

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Thorpe Park Resort - General Discussion

Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:11 pm

I've just had a look and it just states that it is open normal hours throughout the season. I would say though that it is likely to be open an hour before the park opens its gates and a little after, but I can't be sure.

Kenton80
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:16 am

Justin wrote:
I've just had a look and it just states that it is open normal hours throughout the season. I would say though that it is likely to be open an hour before the park opens its gates and a little after, but I can't be sure.

Thanks Justin

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:10 pm

I don't know if this was noted but Thorpe Park have updated their events page featuring the dates for their events.

https://www.thorpepark.com/events
I'm the boy with the bubbles

JamieDeath
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:03 pm

Visited last Sunday (Easter), thought I'd give a quick summary on my thoughts.

Went on TWDTR first - review posted in the other ride thread.

The rapids have definitely been worked on, and have greatly increased in speed and roughness. You actually get quite wet now! They just need to add some themeing or maybe slap some TWD IP on it to draw in the masses.

I was really impressed by park operations - two trains running on everything, I think Colossus started out with just the one but they added a second later on which dramatically shortened the wait time. Although the apps queue times and the actual queue times for everything seemed to be completely out of sync, not to sure what was going on there.  Rush was also running on both arms, which I think is a first for me to see, although, whenever I went to try get on it, it had broken down.

Unfortunately, unbeknown to me, Easter Sunday was Traveller's day, and as the day went on more and more turned up, and it seemed the only reason they were there was to cause fights/destroy stuff. It's a shame with the park only being open a few weeks and having been cleaned up, for them to be going around trying to cause as much carnage as possible. The poor ride attendants were having to put up with a lot from them too. A couple of them jumping over air gates for Stealth - seriously wtf? Security were there trying to do as much as they could but they were greatly outnumbered. Oh and on the subject of Stealth, the audio is completely out of sync now, and the last green light bulb still don't work?? Come on. At the end of the day we tried to get the bus back, but it was surrounded by travellers 'rushing them', trying to smash the windows, opening the emergency exit doors etc. We did get on one luckily, and the driver just had to drive with them clinging on from the outside in the end, a few of them were in the bus fighting with each other. 

DBGT: Not really a fan of the new changes. The VR was working well for me (I think, unless for the second VR scene there was something wrong which is why I didn't like the changes).

Dan says hi
TT Member
TT Member

Ride Downtime

Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:06 pm

Downtime:

So far this season, Quantum has been closed all season, presumably waiting for a new part. Also, Rush has been closed lots and seems to have been closed most of today and The Walking Dead seems to have had quite a bit of downtime as well!
Last edited by Chris on Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Does not need own topic.

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:44 pm

JamieDeath wrote:
Visited last Sunday (Easter), thought I'd give a quick summary on my thoughts.

Went on TWDTR first - review posted in the other ride thread.

The rapids have definitely been worked on, and have greatly increased in speed and roughness. You actually get quite wet now! They just need to add some themeing or maybe slap some TWD IP on it to draw in the masses.

I was really impressed by park operations - two trains running on everything, I think Colossus started out with just the one but they added a second later on which dramatically shortened the wait time. Although the apps queue times and the actual queue times for everything seemed to be completely out of sync, not to sure what was going on there.  Rush was also running on both arms, which I think is a first for me to see, although, whenever I went to try get on it, it had broken down.

Unfortunately, unbeknown to me, Easter Sunday was Traveller's day, and as the day went on more and more turned up, and it seemed the only reason they were there was to cause fights/destroy stuff. It's a shame with the park only being open a few weeks and having been cleaned up, for them to be going around trying to cause as much carnage as possible. The poor ride attendants were having to put up with a lot from them too. A couple of them jumping over air gates for Stealth - seriously wtf? Security were there trying to do as much as they could but they were greatly outnumbered. Oh and on the subject of Stealth, the audio is completely out of sync now, and the last green light bulb still don't work?? Come on. At the end of the day we tried to get the bus back, but it was surrounded by travellers 'rushing them', trying to smash the windows, opening the emergency exit doors etc. We did get on one luckily, and the driver just had to drive with them clinging on from the outside in the end, a few of them were in the bus fighting with each other. 

DBGT: Not really a fan of the new changes. The VR was working well for me (I think, unless for the second VR scene there was something wrong which is why I didn't like the changes).

Oh god that's terrible. That'd have really annoyed me. I can't believe there's people that think that's ok
GodBlessTeaTowels
Instagram: @TheLeafletArchive

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:06 pm

I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but It looks like the Bush BBQ is going to be rebranded to "Sticky Sisters" with no real idea on what it will offer.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:18 pm

I think it is only a temporary outlet, but it sounds like it will be ribs etc.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:43 pm

The brand’s website gives some idea of what to expect. It does look reasonably appealing, although the reviews are mixed.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:28 pm

KFC is going to love that :lol

Dan says hi
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:18 pm

Still Quantum is closed. Anyone know what’s wrong with it? Is it waiting for a part of something worse?
Rocky Express has also been down for about a week as well which means that Old Town currently just has two old, small rides in that whole area working.

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:51 pm

Quantum has had scaffolding around it for a few weeks and is in the same condition so I can only assume that yes it needs a part as the supports which work the ride are exposed from the theming. I did see some staff at one point today inspecting the ride.

As well as this, Rush was running on one arm yesterday and was closed all day today. At the end of the day it was testing both arms so I can only assume they have been fixing the furthest arm from the entrance (the one that was shut) today. The operation cycle seems to be shorten, it felt like the cycle was over quicker compared to previous seasons.