UK theme parks from another point of view!

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park Resort - General Discussion

Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:52 pm

I saw them mention it on Twitter and they suggested it should be.

It's currently listed on http://www.thorpepark.tv, which is Thorpe's official web version.
Formerly TPC

:sus:

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:51 pm

Sorry to just break the conversation flow for just a second but Thorpe do need to consider improving their parking as soon as. They suffered the same fault as a few days ago and was stuck in the car park for 3/4 hour. The barriers I don't think were working correctly so was stuck for a long period of time in the car park.

The system seriously needs to be rethought. It's extremely frustrating for visitors as I'm sure it is for the staff having to step in and become a temporary solution.

Back to the ride situation, I think it had been having problems for a while, it was working a few weeks back but at the end of our stay they were working on the Ride's restraints. I'm not sure if this related to the problem but so seats were blocked off on the ride.
I'm the boy with the bubbles

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:05 pm

DeadJack5 wrote:
They suffered the same fault as a few days ago and was stuck in the car park for 3/4 hour. The barriers I don't think were working correctly so was stuck for a long period of time in the car park.

Management really taking ownership of the problem then. Saw complaints online of the entrance ticketing system also still taking 2 hours plus to get people through.

The barcode scanners they use are some of the worst they could find as it can take a lot of persuading just to get them to accept an annual pass.

Concerned about this Saturday now then. Wonder if I can just stay in Fin's for an hour or two rather than battle with the car park...

Edit: Seeing Chessington having the same issues tonight, I think the gates are working exactly as they have been designed to: terribly.
Formerly TPC

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:11 pm

TPC wrote:
Concerned about this Saturday now then. Wonder if I can just stay in Fin's for an hour or two rather than battle with the car park...

I would wait and hold back if you can. I waited just over an hour after park close and that was my situation. If you can afford to wait, i would say it would be best to.
I'm the boy with the bubbles

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:22 pm

DeadJack5 wrote:
TPC wrote:

I would wait and hold back if you can. I waited just over an hour after park close and that was my situation. If you can afford to wait, i would say it would be best to.

I may just do that. Have left earlier on some of the busier days, but if it looks crazy I might just hang out in the dome until it clears.
Formerly TPC

SmileAlways
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:16 am

So just a small update. I’m at the park this week and yesterday the tv in the Dome said Vortex was on 5mins as did the time board at the ride, however it was definitely closed as there were step ladders at the centre of the ride. We haven’t been given much information when we asked aside from maintenance and that it’s removal from the app was most likely accidental when they removed Living Nightmare and I’m A Celebrity. We heard what could have been them working on it after park close yesterday evening and my friends have said that the ladders have since been removed as of this morning.

As for other rides. Rush has a case of one arm going higher than the other, the one closest the dome goes significantly higher. Samurai was down for a good portion of the day until around 3-3:30pm when it opened with one arm remaining empty.
If you hear people singing random songs on a rollercoaster, it's probably me and my best friend #SmileAlways

Instagram (there's bunch of random stuff but a tonne of theme parks): @jess_baker.98

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:27 am

SmileAlways wrote:
... the tv in the Dome said Vortex was on 5mins as did the time board at the ride, however it was definitely closed as there were step ladders at the centre of the ride....

This could be another reason to remove it from the app, if the queue times for it are showing up incorrectly!

But sounds like it has now risen to the top of maintenance's job list, which is more positive.
Formerly TPC

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:18 pm

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:29 pm

Robert.W wrote:

Thorpe Park Love Island

The shoutbox prophecy came true... :(
Formerly TPC

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:42 am

Thorpe Park Love Island has now been confirmed.

https://www.swnsdigital.com/2018/06/vis ... xperience/

Whilst the concept sounds scarier to me than any fright night attraction, it will include some elements that have been discussed here about having a more summer and chilled out theme to the park:

"The takeover will also include themed cocktails, beach food, a specially-themed chill out zone and a chance to hire VIP beach huts."

Looks like it will be the long-weekend event throughout the summer holidays:

"Thorpe Park is celebrating its partnership with the hit ITV2 series with late night opening on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays nights from Thursday 26th July to Saturday 1st September 2018."
Formerly TPC

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:47 am

And just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse.

I have no words.

SmileAlways
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:07 am

So a small update from when we were on Park last week, on the Thursday when discussing Vortex with members of staff, we were unfortunately told that Vortex would remain closed for the foreseeable future.
If you hear people singing random songs on a rollercoaster, it's probably me and my best friend #SmileAlways

Instagram (there's bunch of random stuff but a tonne of theme parks): @jess_baker.98

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:51 pm

Thorpe Park have now added details to their website, with 'Summer Lates' seemingly re-branded to 'Love Island Lates'.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:33 pm

That logo though... lol looks like something I'd have drawn using Textease Studio when I was six... 

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:49 pm

I hope that they have some decent themed food/drink for the event and not just a burnt sausage and a chiller of stella. 

I fear that I'll be entering and leaving the park via the downstairs dome entrance by Quantum all summer.
Formerly TPC

Dan says hi
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:33 pm

Would this be available for annual pass holders or would we have to pay extra for that?

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:35 pm

Dan says hi wrote:
Would this be available for annual pass holders or would we have to pay extra for that?

£10 for Thorpe Park Annual and Merlin Standard Passes on Fridays and Saturdays during August and first weekend in September. Included for Premium and VIP passes on all days.
Formerly TPC

Dan says hi
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:10 pm

OK Thanks. I presume that’s for Thursdays as well. That’s annoying. I’d planned a Thursday in August a few months ago as I just saw a 10pm close and thought it would be a nice day and I have no interest in Love Island whatsoever.

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:13 pm

Dan says hi wrote:
OK Thanks. I presume that’s for Thursdays as well. That’s annoying. I’d planned a Thursday in August a few months ago as I just saw a 10pm close and thought it would be a nice day and I have no interest in Love Island whatsoever.

The store page says just Fridays and Saturdays. So your Thursday plan would still be covered on any pass. :)
Formerly TPC

Dan says hi
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:56 pm

Ah ok that’s good thanks.