UK theme parks from another point of view!

nasha
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:19 pm

Greetings and Welcome to you spanking new Thorpe Park General Discussion thread - umm- OK - it's actually just all the random small TP topics merged into some sort of uber topic: anyhoo, please generally discuss Thorpe Park here!

For Stealth Discussion Please click here!

Hello ppl,
Dont get me wrong I love Thorpe Park(not as much as A.T) and I cant wait till open day to ride stealth but are tussauds gonna extend the park coz by lunch time I have been on all the rides more than once and even though Stealth looks amazing when you are on it you are looking right up Tidal waves bum?
:roll: :!: :?: :idea:

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:23 pm

Hmm.

Yes they plan to extend the park onto the lakes in the future.

Can you please check your spelling and grammar? oh and also text language is not really wanted on this forum. thanks.

nasha
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:26 pm

Thanks Adz for that advice

Anonymous

Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:30 pm

What do you expect, it's an old quarry near London. This isn't a statley home we're talking about. For it's size, they've managed quite well.

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:35 pm

Thorpe park is alot bigger than you think. They have only used around 30% of the land they own. Ill try and dig out some blueprints.

Mattmills
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:41 pm

They could extend, but to be honest the park is a perfect size as it is, it would be a lot bigger if they had filled in all the gravel pits but as that would have taken too much time it was quicker to flood the area. In my opinion the lakes add to the scenery of Thorpe and it makes the area feel seperate and peaceful.

Anonymous

Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:50 pm

I like it how Thorpe is. It is small and compact which means for families with small/young children, there are not too many places their children can get lost in. The theming works great with the small area of which Thorpe have actually used. My mum likes it because there is not alot of walking to do to access the rides (she has a bad knee).

I think Thorpe have done exceedingly well considering it's size and the amount of flats and coasters they have managed to fit in there. Colossus takes up alot of room and it's great how they have built it to sail over the paths. NI, it's terrific how they have made the track so close together which i feel adds to the thrill. Stealth, unfortunately they had to remove a favourite but still, they have room still in Amity Cove now for another ride. We may see Flying Fish again :D!

Thorpe is not too small. Alton Towers is 500 acres, this has it's pros and cons and TP is very small (of the land they have used) which also has pros and cons.

At the moment, Thorpe is fine. Anyway, they will start filling in the lake sometime in the next year to make some room for a new coaster in 2008 :D.

james0507
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:02 pm

well it is big most theme parks arnt even that size, you only think that because alton towers is huge!

davidredge
TT Member
TT Member

Discounted Thorpe Park Tickets

Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:22 pm

Does anyone know where i can get discounted thorpe tickets before monday?

themeparkfreak
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:33 pm

I was thinking exactly the same thing,not before Monday though, I need to ride Stealth(even though it dosent look that amazing, Ive still got to ride it.)

HighExtreme
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:48 pm

Lastminute.com

Thorpe £19.95 - book before March 31st (to visit anytime during 2006)

Chessington £10 (for visits until March 31st) £15 for visits after April 1st

Select, Days Out and Theme Parks - offers for Legoland, Alton Towers, Camelot, Drayton Manor and Lightwater Valley also

Gashead
TT Member
TT Member

Thorpes Shells

Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:57 pm

Noticed today that around stealth, instead of chippings Thorpe have used sea shells... I think they are going to regreat this as waiting for stealth to open, the pea brained goons who dress in init gear decided to kick some on the path and stamp on them and create a mess "holla woot sup look at me smashing shells im solid holla ya" i heard one of them say(not really but you get my drift)

Pissed me off as around the park where they were people had obviously done it everywhere and its created a mess already :cry:

davidredge
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:02 pm

How do you collect these tickets? Whats the procedure with lastminute.com

Lon
TT Member
TT Member

Slammer Breaks Down

Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:54 pm

BBC WEBSITE

Broken ride traps thrill-seekers

The Slammer ride opened in 2005 and rotates 360 degrees
More than 40 people had to be rescued after they were trapped for 55 minutes on a ride at Surrey's Thorpe Park.
The Slammer - a "rotary thrill ride" - ground to a halt on Saturday afternoon after developing a technical problem.

The ride operators said an emergency "fail-safe" system immediately kicked in and the ride was righted.

Safety checks are being carried out and the ride will remain closed until the cause of the malfunction is detected, a spokeswoman said.

She said the ride had been checked before the park opened on Saturday morning.

"Like all the rides and attractions at the park this ride undergoes a comprehensive series of pre-opening checks every morning by our experienced engineering team," she said.

Emergency services were called but park staff were able to free the riders.

The whole area around Slammer from Collossus to the Banana Boat ride was closed to the public at the time of the incident. I spoke to a member of staff and he said there was a bang and the ride stopped in the Vertical position. They eventually managed to bring it to the horizontal position.
Last edited by Lon on Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:57 pm

/ Is there a link to the BBC site with this story on dan. :?:

Lon
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:59 pm

Gashead
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:02 pm

As i remember, It was having problems in the morning, as when i came out the pisser about 10.30 there was a metel fence by the bog with a sign on it saying something like slammers having technicle problems and wont be open till later or something along those lines.

Anonymous

Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:42 pm

That wretched ride's more trouble than it's worth. It's only been working during one of my last five visits - makes Spinball seem like a textbook example of reliability!

I thought that Slammer had been reprogrammed (after last year's headline-making upside down breakdown) so as to return to the horizontal in the event of a power failure or breakdown? Rush was back on 'ye olde one arme operatione' today too.

Bloomin' S&S.

HighExtreme
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:48 pm

Usually its buy the ticket through lastminute.com, print a voucher code you get on confirmation of payement and take it along to the advance ticket collection point at the park

AstroDan

Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:57 pm

Bleurgh, Slammer!