Discussion on the island like no other.
TT Member
User

Morgan

Re: Thorpe Park - General Discussion

by Morgan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:05 pm

I believe it's there so track inspection is a little easier :)
TT Member
User

ThemeParkCrafter

by ThemeParkCrafter » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:25 pm

Dom wrote:As reported on the SouthParks Facebook page, Thorpe Park have revealed their opening times for next year.

The 2017 season will begin on Thursday 23rd March and run until 1st November. Off-peak days will see the park open 10am-5pm with peak weekends and school holidays having opening times of 9.30am-6pm.
FRIGHT NIGHTS will run on 6th, 7th, 8th, 13th, 14th, 15th and 20th-31st October with the Resort open 10am-10pm. The park will be closed 3rd, 4th, 5th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 17th and 18th October.

I really don't know what has happened but thorpe's peak opening times is now 10am-6pm rather than starting half an hour earlier.
TT Member
User

Burniel

by Burniel » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:35 pm

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:
Dom wrote:As reported on the SouthParks Facebook page, Thorpe Park have revealed their opening times for next year.

The 2017 season will begin on Thursday 23rd March and run until 1st November. Off-peak days will see the park open 10am-5pm with peak weekends and school holidays having opening times of 9.30am-6pm.
FRIGHT NIGHTS will run on 6th, 7th, 8th, 13th, 14th, 15th and 20th-31st October with the Resort open 10am-10pm. The park will be closed 3rd, 4th, 5th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 17th and 18th October.

I really don't know what has happened but thorpe's peak opening times is now 10am-6pm rather than starting half an hour earlier.

The advertisement of a 9:30 opening time has been on an on again/off again basis year on year for a while now. It's still entirely possible that the current 10am time will be updated to 9:30 nearer the time, but I'd imagine the park will still open slightly earlier than 10 on peak days even if it's never advertised. As someone who always gets there early, I can confirm that it's fairly rare for them to wait until 10, no matter what the advertised time. I don't think there's any need to worry just yet. :)
Ride Count 2017: 0 ;( (MAP arrives soon!)
Ride Count 2014-17: 710
Unique Coaster Count: 54

Formerly Dan.B
TT Member
User

SmileAlways

by SmileAlways » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:18 pm

Hey guys, so just booked a trip to Thorpe Park for 4 days from 15th-18th May, we went in July last year, absolutely packed so hoping May will be a little quieter, any ideas on how busy it's expected to be that time of the year, it's only our second time there so we don't have a clue.

Also, for Slammer, me and a friend have finally decided we're going to ride it, which way is best to go first? Forwards so you're going up and over first or backwards so you're going under first? Thanks!
If you hear people singing random songs on a rollercoaster, it's probably me and my best friend #SmileAlways
Forum Leader
User

Dom

by Dom » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:18 pm

With slammer it doesn't really matter which side you sit. Both sides will experience the same thing. I, personally, prefer the side nearest Loggers Leap.

As for May, it's never usually that overly busy. At most 45/60 mins queue for the coasters, maybe more for DBGT
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:24 pm

I would warn you Slammer is very unreliable so if it's open get on it asap! Otherwise as Dom says it doesn't really matter - and the queue is never too long so you will probably be able to get on it twice (provided it stay open).
TT Member
User

HalfwayCorrected

by HalfwayCorrected » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:57 pm

Hi everyone, since visiting Thorpe Park for FRIGHT NIGHTS this year I've always wanted to know what audio they used on Samurai (maybe other flats but half the speakers were broken). Wimbledonsound seem to have done this years audio but used music from Succession Studios for Coaster Dispatch (Wake of the Martyrs). Could anyone shed any light?
TT Member
User

Sawboss

by Sawboss » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:53 pm

I think it's from one of the fight scenes in the Matrix Reloaded, not sure which one though. At least it was when I last went.

Edit: This scene I believe: https://youtu.be/lLXaRtc1f4I

Edit Edit: Oh wait do you mean Fight Nights audio? Then I don't know :P
TT Member
User

Tom170499

by Tom170499 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:45 pm

I've booked a two day trip for my brother's stag do at the end of April. How busy do you think it will be roughly? I've only been twice so I'm not as good at judging how busy the park will be as I am with Alton Towers so any ideas will be appreciated :)
Team TTSP
User

lewis97

by lewis97 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:08 pm

Thorpe have updated their website to state that the Coffee Shack in The Dome will be serving COSTA Coffee from this season.

TT Member
User

wamdue

by wamdue » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:53 am

oh well that is me sold, no where else in the UK I could get Costa Coffee from ;)
Site Owner
User

Baffles

by Baffles » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:08 pm

Crappy choice choosing Costa over Starbucks group wide. It's not like Universal, Disney and Cedar Fair have Costa! ;)
Community Advocate
User

Luce

by Luce » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:35 pm

Personally, I don't mind that Costa will be at Thorpe as I like their products - especially their hot chocolates :)

TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:26 pm

MTFX employees Jake, Tom and Mark have been servicing The Swarm's "Ingenious Big Flame Effect" installed by them, and it certainly looks impressive!

Credit to MTFX Facebook for the image.
TT Member
User

NeoXIII

by NeoXIII » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:46 am

Is anyone going to the MAP Preview day later this month, by any chance? Managed to get myself a ticket for it. :)
Forum Leader
User

Dom

by Dom » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:21 pm

NeoXIII wrote:Is anyone going to the MAP Preview day later this month, by any chance? Managed to get myself a ticket for it. :)

I'm sure there will be some TTSP'ers hanging around :)
TT Member
User

ThemeParkCrafter

by ThemeParkCrafter » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:33 pm

TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:53 am

Here's the new park map, now featuring area logos!

We can also see a new shop "The Island Shop", the new ride "Timber Tub Boat" and of course Ghost Train 2. As well as this, a new events space named "The Hub" has appeared in Old Town.

It should be noted that Ghost Train 2 is still not listed as a Fastrack attraction.
TT Member
User

NeoXIII

by NeoXIII » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:10 am

I'm not sure how I feel about the Ghosttrain actually being advertised as "new" in 2017. Sure, it has been upgraded, but then again TP did say the multiple storylines would be a thing from the very start...
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:32 am

Based on the amount of work they've allegedly been doing I don't think it's far off being a new attraction :lol
PreviousNext