UK theme parks from another point of view!

Max
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park - General Discussion

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:27 pm

PhNx Survivor wrote:
jamesc wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:
Okay so I was at Thorpe yesterday and saw where that cherry picker has parked.. however that's literally just it.. a cherry picker, 4 structure frames of The Swarms cars, and a few pallets with blankets over them.. so unless it's something to do with The Swarm.. i'm stumped :-k

Sorry for the double post..

Maybe Worlds First B&M 4D Cars for Swarm.

That would be interesting! Think a 4D element however would ruin some of the elements on the ride.. if anything the zero-g roll could use one and the straight twist could also use one.. but then again could ruin.. have to wait and see, could be an experience though!

Those 4 frames of Swarm cars are the old backwards rows.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:45 am

Max wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:
jamesc wrote:
Maybe Worlds First B&M 4D Cars for Swarm.

That would be interesting! Think a 4D element however would ruin some of the elements on the ride.. if anything the zero-g roll could use one and the straight twist could also use one.. but then again could ruin.. have to wait and see, could be an experience though!

Those 4 frames of Swarm cars are the old backwards rows.

Ah that makes sense.. thought by now they would of put them back into a storage facility, not just outside haha.. so now I'm guessing that it's either X that's going to be the new worlds first with the redevelopment, or it's a shop.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:31 pm

A worlds first shop attraction :lol

At the moment I don't think anyone actually knows that this worlds first thing will be. I doubt its anything too exciting, especially if its coming this summer, but if one is casting wished than I would love a couple of Summer Nights on dates that I can do or a new Funrise to Funrise event please TP :lol

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:20 pm

hey so I saw this on the corporate events page

Is this the new attraction for the Summer of Thrills?
GodBlessTeaTowels

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:39 pm

The Journey is a type of party that they offer as part of their corporate events. It offers the following:

Exclusive after hours journey on Derren Brown’s Ghost Train
Victorian Dining Experience with access to 2 additional rides of your choice

THE DESTINATION

“Jack’s Little Ripper” Cocktail on arrival
Delicious Victoriana inspired food stall buffet
Roaming entertainment straight from the pages of a Dickensian novel
Exclusive use of our unique Lake View Venue

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:53 pm

Never mind :(
GodBlessTeaTowels

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:45 am

In more exciting news, X has reopened with a new IMAscore dance version of the island theme. 

Image credit to TPM

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:16 pm

Discoball hooooooo!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:52 pm

As reported on SouthParks Facebook, Thorpe Park have updated their website with details of the 'IS7AND EXTREMES CHALLENGE' which begins on 22nd July.

It has a similar format to that of Towers' Big Six Challenge, with guests using the resort's app to complete seven challenges in each of the Island's territories in order to earn a free return ticket for any date during 5th - 28th September.

nemefan08
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:02 pm

Me and my friend are finally making our first visit to Thorpe Park after a LONG time waiting. Just wandering if anyone can give me any tips on what order to do the rides or anything else?

Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:10 pm

nemefan08 wrote:
Me and my friend are finally making our first visit to Thorpe Park after a LONG time waiting. Just wandering if anyone can give me any tips on what order to do the rides or anything else?

I would start at the back of the park (Colossus & Saw) then work in a clockwise direction and do Ninferno, Stealth and The Swarm. By that time DBGT will/should be open although some people prefer to join the queue for that first thing as it does build up quite quickly.

After that it's a case of going at your leisure and doing what the queue times allow you to.

If you want to make your day a bit easier and buy Fastrack then I advise you do it straightaway as the Fastrack sales units can also generate a hefty queue (ironic that :lol )

Oh, don't waste your time with Storm Surge :P

Xtremecoasters_Official
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi All,

Needing a bit of advice on when would be the best time to visit Thopre in the school holidays, (probably not at all, but do not have much choice this year). The two dates I have in mind are either Sunday 6 August, or Tuesday 22 August.

I have never visited Thorpe in August, so do not really know what to expect. I know its going to be busy whenever I visit, but not sure if a Sunday at the start of the month, or a Tuesday towards the end of the month would be quieter. Any advise would be appreciated  :D
Gentlemen, start your engines !!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:03 pm

Sunday mornings are usually the quietest part of the week during Thorpe Park's peak period. You're correct, it will be busy whenever you go, but I've found that if you get there early (9:30ish) on a Sunday, you'll find that the park is relatively quieter until 11-12, mainly due to Thorpe's target market being teens and older families, who are more likely to lie in on Sundays. I've often found that on a Sunday, it's possible to whip around a couple of the busier attractions before the park gets too busy. Of course, being school holidays, it might not be quite so quiet, but it should be fairly good. In terms of the rest of the day, I don't see much difference between how busy the two dates will be. With that in mind, I'm leaning towards Sunday 6th, but there's probably not all that much in it.

I don't know how soon you have to decide, but as weather plays a big part, it might be worth holding off for 10 days or so and then checking the weather for the 6th. Of course, this requires you to plan your trip within a few days, but it gives you the chance to abandon the plan if a heatwave strikes.
Rides on Dragon's Fury since SRQ installed:

2016: 17 | 2017: 35

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:21 pm

It has been confirmed I am going to Thorpe Park later on this year. Because it will be my first time going to Thorpe, I would like to make the most of my visit by experiencing as much as possible, because it's very likely the next time I will be going there is when I am able to drive and take myself there (2019-2020). We are aiming to go on a weekend day late September/early October to avoid the Fright Night ram. Does this seem like a sensible idea and if so how long should I expect waiting times to be? Is it worth still purchasing Fastrack? Like previously mentioned by Xtremecoasters any answers or advice would be very helpful!  :D
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:58 pm

Fright Nights now begins 29th September, so expect all weekends from then to be busy. If its after that date than expect the park to be very busy as Fright Nights is usually THE busiest time of year for the park. If you are visiting during a FN weekend than i highly recommend fastrack for the mazes. If you don't intend on doing the mazes than i'd say hold off with the fastrack as the rides go quiet once the mazes open at 3pm.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:10 pm

Dom wrote:
If you don't intend on doing the mazes than i'd say hold off with the fastrack as the rides go quiet once the mazes open at 3pm.

Don't wish to interrupt, but this just reminded me of something. I'm really not a scaremaze kind of person, but I've always been interested in riding the coasters in the dark, and a friend of mine recently suggested we visit during Fright Nights for an evening in order to do this (they'll either purchase a couple of fastracks or just not do any mazes, I don't think they're that fussed), but I was wondering how much the queues for the rides drop once the mazes open. Would we have time to get all the major coasters done in the dark? Is it even worth getting to the park before 3, bearing in mind I'm relatively local and visit fairly frequently? Does the Thorpe Shuttle run until 10/11pm on these nights?

I'm thinking the first weekend would be quietest. I understand there are a few actors that roam the park, but they're presumably not too bad? :P
Rides on Dragon's Fury since SRQ installed:

2016: 17 | 2017: 35

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:54 am

Sorry, I forgot about that FN date! What I meant sorry is that we will go on a weekend day before FN starts so any time before the 29th. Sorry to cause confusion! What would general queue times be during September weekends before Fright Nights? 

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:43 pm

September is usually quiet. I went last year on a Saturday and queues ent that bad. If its the beginning of September than its more busy than towards the end of September due to some school trips (Believe it or not). So if you go the weekend before FN starts than it should be reasonable with at most an hour's queue and that will be for Colossus 

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:59 pm

Thank you very much! Can't wait to visit!

nemefan08
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:49 pm

Another quick question, how does front row queuing work at Thorpe? I know stealth has a front row queue but that's the limit of my knowledge. Do the staff let you pick your row? I heard The Swarm had a pass system, is that still operational? Cheers for any help