UK theme parks from another point of view!

Katie
Team Admin
Team Admin

Re: Thorpe Park - General Discussion

Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:20 pm

I suspect it's a case of Sunday's having shorter hours to partially off-set the later opening on Thursday/Friday/Saturday.

I do suspect that these will not be the final version of the opening times, I really wouldn't be surprised to see some changes to these hours before the start of the season and even during the season itself. Don't forget we didn't get the additional weekend of Fright Nights confirmed until around July this year so Thorpe could change anything at any time!

Katie
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:39 pm

For those of you who are fans of the Island's soundtrack, IMAscore have just annoounce that a double CD of music from Thorpe Park Resort is available to pre-order from their online shop.

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:46 pm

That's Christmas sorted then. :D 

Now we need an Alton Towers one.
[Insert Signature Here]

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Just ordered for as a Christmas gift from sister. Can't wait! Thanks for posting!

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:56 pm

I’m gonna order a copy when I get paid on Friday but I’ve been on to see how much it would be including shipping. I put my address in to do so and then I went to the payment screen so I just closed the tab on my iPad without putting any card details in yet 10 minutes later, I got a payment confirmation?? Really confused as I haven’t submitted any details. Can anyone help?

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:03 pm

IMAscore will send out two emails. One of these is a 'Purchase confirmation', and the other 'Payment received' email.

The CD costs £21.96 once exchange rates are taken in to account.

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:29 am

Thanks Justin!! :D

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:46 pm

As reported by SouthParks Facebook; New Merlin Annual Pass Privilege Packs have been spotted which feature a graphic, similar to the one below, promoting “The Year of The Walking Dead” at THORPE PARK Official.

Does this confirm the upcoming re-theme for X at the Resort?
Credit to the BubbleBoi

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:00 pm

I think its safe to say that X has been bitten. From a IP point of view, I can sort of see why they are using it, as it still has a bit of a draw in the UK, despite being old. But from an enthusiast and X fan point of view, i'm gutted. The only way this will be made amazing will be if its highly themed, and actually highly scary. So think a mix of scare maze and roller coaster. If its anything less than I shall be highly disappointed. 
Parks, Scares and Glitter on Facebook

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:47 pm

I'm kind of disappointed too as I enjoyed the disco theme even though X isn't the best coaster at Thorpe.  On the other hand it's nice to see the ride get some attention and I'll be interested to see what it looks like when the new season starts.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:33 pm

I'll definitely miss the hilarity of X in its 'Rave Coaster' format. It's always been in the "So Bad It's Good" category for me.

Now however it'll have a IP and have to present itself seriously, I guess we'll have to see if the theming can back that up. 

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:12 pm

Yes, if the theming is good then it will pay off (even at the expense of a family aimed attraction being "removed").
I'm concerned that if the theming is not done correctly, or just concentrated to the entrance, then we'll end up with a dark ride with zombie sound effects and black corridors with the 'iconic' chained door. I hope it is a quality attraction from start to finish and not just a gimmick. I'm trusting you Thorpe :)

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:46 pm

THORPE PARK Official have submitted plans for a minor extension to Pizza & Pasta which includes a new, covered seating area. SouthParks News have full details.

Credit to the BubbleBoi

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:44 pm

The pizza buffets make me wonder why more theme parks outside of Merlin don't try them.

They're high capacity, popular, keep people off the paths and queues longer than burger and chips and they're good value for money by theme park standards.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:15 am

The place is always rammed, so any extension (however small) is welcomed. Let's just hope that they sort out the exit at the back as that door is always left open, even when the weather is cold!

Katie
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:24 am

It is good to see Thorpe investing in additional F&B capacity as it seems all of their outlets are always very busy. What I do have slight concerns about is whether or not Thorpe will be able to cope with additional people in the restaurant as we know Thorpe can struggle if outlets get too busy. I also really wish the Pizza & Pasta outlets across Merlin offered a better pasta option. As someone who hates pizza I never eat in Pizza & Pasta as the pasta option is just so incredibly poor- at best it's just overcooked pasta in something resembling a tomato sauce, but is far too acidic to be edible!

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:24 pm

I agree with you Lakey, I've only had the pasta once but generally only have the pizza and salad for that reason.  But I do think as a food outlet that is called Pizza & Pasta there should be an equal ratio of the two which would improve choices for people. 

I also welcome the extension but hope it'll make a difference when the place is busy.

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:07 pm

THORPE PARK Official have today confirmed their opening dates for the 2018 season on their website.

As reported by SouthParks in December, the park will re-open on Friday 23rd March and close on Wednesday 31st October.

An additional 10am-10pm day has been added to the calendar on Saturday 1st September, which now sees every Thursday, Friday & Saturday during the summer holidays benefit from longer opening hours.

What are your thoughts on the park’s opening dates for the 2018 season?
Credit to the BubbleBoi

Joel Allen
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:53 pm

The dates seem rather good this year. It's great to see the return of the 10-10 days and them even adding an extra one for the final opening dates is brill! Can't wait for the park for reopen. I wonder how X's refurbishment will look? I do hope it's good!

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:09 pm

Alton Towers needs to look at their sisters opening times, saying no more...