UK theme parks from another point of view!

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park - General Discussion

Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:21 am

Does anyone else think that this may have been a typo? They maybe referring to DBGT: ROTD, which is the new attraction for this year and that was technically a worlds first.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

NeoXIII
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:08 am

I saw this post this morning after waking up and thought it was just a dream lol.
I do think it's a typo and they meant DBGT with that, I can't imagine what TP is suddenly pulling out of their hat that doesn't even require a planning permission.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:37 am

Jumping on the speculation train here with this but has anyone else noticed the random hash tag with the post. Why do it like that?
Even the good can fall from grace

Luce
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:17 pm

I'm curious by this news from Thorpe but I think the world's first thing could be to do with DBGT too unless it's something temporary for the summer? I doubt it though but will be interested to see what it turns out to be.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:38 pm

I don't think they're referring to Ghost Train, as it specially says they're revealing a world first attraction. The use of the word attraction tells me it's not a ride and I don't think anyone is really expecting anything major...

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:58 pm

The word new is making me think it's some sort of temporary attraction, that will only last this summer.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:07 pm

As reported by Thorpe Park Central construction equipment has appeared behind the swarm island again.

ilyAlton
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Anyone know if the park is likely to be busy next week? I'm assuming there will be school trips in last week of June

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:23 pm

As we are in the final 4 weeks of the school year, expect there to be an increase in school visits. While it will still be quieter than a weekend, you may experience longer than usual queues for a weekday.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:12 am

It's quite wet next week so I wouldn't been too worried. I've been on days where school trips were happening whilst it was raining and I think it's the quitest I've ever seen!

That being said if it end up being warm I'd take Justin's advice on board! :)

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Thorpe Park - The Future

Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:40 pm

*braces for the uncontainable excitement* - Lumber Jump has been added to Thorpe's website.

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:10 pm

I'll be going to Thorpe next Monday.. if I see anything that could possibly be related to the "Worlds First" gimmick.. I'll photograph.

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Okay so I was at Thorpe yesterday and saw where that cherry picker has parked.. however that's literally just it.. a cherry picker, 4 structure frames of The Swarms cars, and a few pallets with blankets over them.. so unless it's something to do with The Swarm.. i'm stumped :-k

Sorry for the double post..

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:54 pm

Yeah I saw that too on Saturday. There really isn't much happening anywhere else on the park, except for the large NOW TV stand that has appeared near Storm in a Teacup that looks hideously out of place. 

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:46 pm

Yeah haha, I went over to the site of Loggers Leap aswell and didn't notice anything different or any work being done.. only the sign stating the ride is under redevelopment.. also Lumber Jump does look practically ready to open.. hope something is announced soon.. however I must say that the new IMAscore music for the entrance of the park does have a good vibe to it, definitely worth a listen to if possible!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:54 pm

So it looks like X Factor will be holding auditions at Thorpe Park. Here is a link to an article.

I mean, seriously. Although it would be hilarious to see the judges on the rides, I somehow think this will be a bad thing.

cubwolf
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:22 pm

I have seen on Facebook that the car parkings gone up to £7.00 now.
This on the back of the lockers doubling in price a few weeks back.

Not sure if you can still get 2 consecutive days parking for the price of one though. They dont advertise that but it was available the last couple of times we did a Sunday and Monday trip. I know Alton dont offer it so i bet it will vanish soon enough from Thorpe Park

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:59 pm

That X Factor article is a joke.. just another stunt to get fans back into a dying TV show.. this better not have anything to do with the 'worlds first' attraction coming soon...

jamesc
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:25 pm

PhNx Survivor wrote:
Okay so I was at Thorpe yesterday and saw where that cherry picker has parked.. however that's literally just it.. a cherry picker, 4 structure frames of The Swarms cars, and a few pallets with blankets over them.. so unless it's something to do with The Swarm.. i'm stumped :-k

Maybe Worlds First B&M 4D Cars for Swarm.
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:07 pm

jamesc wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:

Maybe Worlds First B&M 4D Cars for Swarm.

That would be interesting! Think a 4D element however would ruin some of the elements on the ride.. if anything the zero-g roll could use one and the straight twist could also use one.. but then again could ruin.. have to wait and see, could be an experience though!