UK theme parks from another point of view!

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Thorpe Park Resort - General Discussion

Sun May 06, 2018 10:26 am

We now have a topic dedicated to 'Project Zer0’ speculation.

We ask that all discussion around this potential development for Thorpe Park takes place in there.

SmileAlways
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 06, 2018 12:24 pm

So Quantum remains closed with Rocky Express being closed today and Vortex being closed for the past couple of days with a brief opening yesterday. The Vortex page on the website now says it’s closed but Quantum’s and Rocky Express’ have not been updated.
If you hear people singing random songs on a rollercoaster, it's probably me and my best friend #SmileAlways

Instagram (there's bunch of random stuff but a tonne of theme parks): @jess_baker.98

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun May 06, 2018 12:30 pm

Rocky Express is very likely to be a temporary closure as it was open last weekend. Off the topic, but has anyone noticed the Chief has been removed from the ride, including the support? He can be found in Loggers station.

Quantum has been down all season, but it seems they are making progress on it! Not sure why it has not been listed, but Vortex has?

Dan says hi
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 06, 2018 1:18 pm

That’s a bit weird. Not really sure why they would have done that but anyway.
Rocky Express has reopened again but Vortex and Rush are both still closed.
Also, does anyone know if both the swings are working on Rush again, and if they re does one of them still go higher than the other one?

SmileAlways
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 06, 2018 4:35 pm

I must have really poor timing for looking at queue times with Rocky Express. As for Vortex being shown as closed on the website and not Quantum, I have no idea. With Vortex only being a recent closure and Quantum being closed for most of the season and dismantled, you’d think they’d put that on the website. Either way, I’m just hoping they get them up and running by the time I go as I quite enjoy Quantum and Vortex is one of my favourite flats there.
If you hear people singing random songs on a rollercoaster, it's probably me and my best friend #SmileAlways

Instagram (there's bunch of random stuff but a tonne of theme parks): @jess_baker.98

Joel Allen
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 07, 2018 4:36 pm

According to Thorpe Park Ride times today, Quantum has re-opened.Image
Only Vortex is unavailable now!

EDIT: Maybe not, just gone back to closed :(

james3906
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 08, 2018 8:34 pm

Yeah I saw the Chief removed from The Rocky Express, also both arms are now working on Rush. Perhaps they are trying to re theme Old Town? Maybe for a new ride? 

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 09, 2018 12:35 pm

I actually am, in some way, hopeful that Loggers Leap re-opens in the future as the work that’s been done on Tiger Rock is rather spectacular. There may be a lot more to recover but surely it would be worth it?

With a new potential re-theme and with an addition of a ride in Slammer’s (RIP) location, I believe this would be a great little addition that Thorpe needs before the next big instalment.
Don't take me serious..
But come, sit, have a drink.. don't mind me..
Hush little baby, don't say a word..
It'll only hurt forever.

Joel Allen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 09, 2018 4:02 pm

PhNx Survivor wrote:
I actually am, in some way, hopeful that Loggers Leap re-opens in the future as the work that’s been done on Tiger Rock is rather spectacular. There may be a lot more to recover but surely it would be worth it?

With a new potential re-theme and with an addition of a ride in Slammer’s (RIP) location, I believe this would be a great little addition that Thorpe needs before the next big instalment.

Maybe Merlin are playing it safe and are using an existing operational log flume (Tiger Rock) to see if a re-launch of it can be a success. Maybe they could be doing this before doing the same with Loggers? It could be possible  :-k

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu May 10, 2018 8:25 pm

I love Loggers Leap, however, I am becoming less and less hopeful of it ever returning. It is certainly a good log flume, but I believe it can't operate due to it using lake water? Also, it has now been out of use for 3 seasons now, so I bet it would have suffered in some way due to it not bring maintained.

TPC
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 10, 2018 8:38 pm

I also wonder if a risk assessment has caused it to remain closed.

The peak crowd can sometimes get a little too, excited, and not pay attention to rules even when they're physically restrained on a ride. The 60ft drop and no restraint or safety enclosure might be too much for Merlin to want to risk. Even more so now that Rumba has to be staffed throughout its course.

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 10, 2018 10:19 pm

It looks dismal. I'd be surprised if it ran.

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 11, 2018 7:45 am

They can run the existing ride using the lake water but not a new ride. Of course, after a refurbishment is that an existing ride or a new ride? Tricky to say really, Chessington didn't have that issue as the water is in a closed system with filtered water.

I do agree, the longer they leave it the worse it'll be. When I was last on SAW (a few weeks ago now) I could see that a boat was near the station entrance and appeared to be covered in moss.

TPC
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 11, 2018 7:49 pm

The Th0rpe Park app has now updated for Mission: Survive.

There are clues to 5 locations around the park where you'll need to scan a QR code. After that you go back to the safe zone to collect your reward. If you're a passholder you can head to the Island Shop or The Megastore to collect an Apocalypse Weekend pop badge.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri May 11, 2018 8:21 pm

streetmagix wrote:
I do agree, the longer they leave it the worse it'll be. When I was last on SAW (a few weeks ago now) I could see that a boat was near the station entrance and appeared to be covered in moss.

This was the view of Loggers just under 2 weeks ago...

Sad to see it SBNO, but many happy memories!

TPC
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 11, 2018 8:28 pm

Is that leaves or rust on the drop? That much rust and it seems unlikely that'll ever be coming back.

A few more years and they could have an amazing area for an abandoned theme park fright night zone.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri May 11, 2018 8:34 pm

I believe it is leaves!

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 11, 2018 8:39 pm

Haha, I'd be worried of imminent collapse if that much of the structure had rusted!

TPC
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 11, 2018 9:14 pm

That'll just brush off then!

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 11, 2018 9:46 pm

TPC wrote:
Is that leaves or rust on the drop? That much rust and it seems unlikely that'll ever be coming back.

A few more years and they could have an amazing area for an abandoned theme park fright night zone.

You'd hope it wasn't rust with the amount of water it used to come in to contact with :lol
Follow theleafletarchive on Instagram!