UK theme parks from another point of view!

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Topic Author

Thorpe Park Submit Plans for Permanent Hotel

Fri May 16, 2014 6:21 pm

Thorpe Park have today submitted plans for a permanent hotel next to the car park. From the images I've seen it looks in the style of Alton. It will be built in two phases, totaling 250 rooms, a bar, restaurant, cafe and Health Club.

Looks good!

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park Submit Plans for Permanent Hotel

Fri May 16, 2014 8:23 pm

Just seen these plans too, available at http://planning.runnymede.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/Generic/StdDetails.aspx?PT=Planning%20Applications%20On-Line&TYPE=PL/PlanningPK.xml&PARAM0=188618&XSLT=/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/SiteFiles/Skins/Runnymede_AA/xslt/PL/PLDetails.xslt&FT=Planning%20Application%20Details&PUBLIC=Y&XMLSIDE=&DAURI=PLANNING *Check under documents for all the plans :)

I think this is just what Thorpe needs, especially with a Spring 2018 opening, just around the time a permanent hotel will be needed at Thorpe IMO.

Although I know they are short of land, I think Thorpe has a lot of potential and a fantastic location! I always like more investment into making the parks, "resorts" :)

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 16, 2014 8:56 pm

The plans do indeed look pretty fab, and it will bring it more in line with the "resort" image Merlin are trying to create with their parks. I'm rather interested in the appearance of a peaceful hotel, views of the lakes, newly created wildlife habitats to name but a couple of things from the application :)

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 17, 2014 3:27 pm

Plans look a bit bland and plain in my opinion but it is only a hotel. One thing the plans have done is raise questions in what there doing in the mean time. Last time i checked hotels don't come cheap so i imagine until its done we wont be seeing massive investments.
Another thing from the plans, The hotel looks like its half the size of the theme park.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon May 09, 2016 12:25 pm

An application for a Lawful Development Certificate submitted today, reveal that the first stages of the hotel's construction is now underway, with the "pegging out of part of the access road ... and the digging of part of the foundations trench".

Max
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 09, 2016 12:30 pm

Do they plan to remove the Shark once the hotel is open?
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 09, 2016 3:08 pm

NemesisNosh wrote:
Do they plan to remove the Shark once the hotel is open?

I'd imagine so, seeing how Thorpe Shark Hotel is just a bunch of shipping containers.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon May 09, 2016 5:55 pm

When asked at last year's Southern Screamer, a senior member of Thorpe's management said she believed the Shark Hotel would remain even once the new hotel opens. Obviously there's plenty of time for plans to change, but with Merlin's strategy to increase the number of rooms across their Resort Theme Parks I'd be surprised if it was removed any time soon. I'm sure they'll look at how demand is affected once the permanent hotel opens and whether there's justification to retain it as a cheaper option or not.

Ibizarocks16
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:39 pm

Evening.... Is there any news on the progress of the hotel, Is it still in planning stages?

TheSmilerMan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed May 24, 2017 11:45 am

I keep hearing its in the pipeline and to be next to the car park, other side of the entrance I reckon before 2020 we'll see it which year who knows maybe 2019 ? But as we all know with Merlin plans change or get chucked