UK theme parks from another point of view!

Nathan_Fisher
TT Member
TT Member

Re: I'm a Celebrity! Maze

Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:53 pm

I think thorpe park could do so much more with that space if it wasn't based on an IP. Seeing thorpe parks interpretation of a jungle themed maze would be good to see. And changing it to a year round scare attraction over a family attraction would be ideal in my mind.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:25 pm

By 'this year' I meant during the forthcoming 2017 season - getting ahead of myself!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:21 pm

Nathan_Fisher wrote:
I think thorpe park could do so much more with that space if it wasn't based on an IP. Seeing thorpe parks interpretation of a jungle themed maze would be good to see. And changing it to a year round scare attraction over a family attraction would be ideal in my mind.

They tried doing the whole year round scare attraction thing with Saw Alive and we all remember how that turned out :lol

Nathan_Fisher
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:42 pm

Dom wrote:
Nathan_Fisher wrote:

They tried doing the whole year round scare attraction thing with Saw Alive and we all remember how that turned out :lol

They could always give it a second attempt :lol

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:42 pm

For 2017, Id like to see thorpe park either update I'm a Celebrity, and try to increase capacity (just try.) Or, just get rid of it, and exchange it for a different live interactive experience!
Creds to NemesisRider!

Scarefest 2017 Hype Kicking in... all because of Rita Fan

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:43 pm

As posted on SouthParks Facebook, Thorpe Park have updated their website to state that the I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Maze will be closed on the following dates during the 2017 season: Friday 31st March – Monday 1st May, Saturday 27th May – Sunday 4th June, and Friday 30th June – Monday 4th September.

Bizarrely this seems to include peak periods such as bank and school holidays, so perhaps the only logic that can be applied to this is that the Resort doesn't have the budget to cover the number of actors they want in DBGT during these periods, alongside staffing IAC.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:06 pm

That's pretty disgraceful.
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!
SeaWorld has rescued almost 30,000 animals in need!

Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:12 pm

Although I'm A Celebrity and DBGT are both mediocre attractions (whether DBGT is any better after the ROTD improvements remains to be seen) I know which one I'd rather have open if it came down to it.

It is pretty poor that Thorpe don't appear to have the budget to operate both attractions for the duration of the season but I can't see IAC being missed by many....

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:16 pm

GUTTED!!!! IAC is that tiny bit of complete randomness that makes TP fun and so for them to do this is disgraceful. I can, however see it from a financial point of view and as Lewis has said its probably to have DBGT staffed, but even so, I don't think I've ever seen this without some sort of queue, so for them to go and stop using it when it gets busy is so annoying. GUTTED!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Ridiculous! I'm in complete agreement with Dom here, it's such a good laugh and it's something different. I particularly enjoy taking people through it who've never been before (as it's a bit repetitive for me by now), so it's a particularly bad hit in that sense, as these sorts of people typically only visit on peak days, which make up the majority of the closed days.

Incredibly short-sighted of the park to install the maze in the first place to be honest.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Whilst I can't say that I will miss IAC on its closed days, I can see why some people are disappointed by Thorpe's decision. What mystifies me is why the attraction is closed on the busiest days when it is more likely to be needed to absorb some of the crowds. If they needed to take the decision to only open it part time then surely it would have been better to open it on weekends and peak days.

As mentioned above, it is kind of a poor reflection that the Resort don't appear to have the budget to maintain two actor heavy attractions, we can only hope that the changes to DBGT make this worthwhile.

What I can see in light of the reduced operations is that this will be IAC's final year. Whilst I have never been its biggest fan, one thing it did have going for it was the level of jungle theming inside the attraction. However, the IP is an incredibly old one now. The TV show does not have anywhere near the level of interest it used to, plus it always kind of baffled me that the Resort should install an attraction that cannot open whilst the show is on TV due to it being screened during the closed season.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:41 pm

I presume it is a mistake on the website and the dates are when it is open as the dates are the peak days that are school holidays.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:46 pm

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:
I presume it is a mistake on the website and the dates are when it is open as the dates are the peak days that are school holidays.

SouthParks have confirmed with THORPE PARK Resort that the published dates on the website are indeed correct. Of course, as with any opening dates, these may be subject to change.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:10 pm

I believe that this is IAC's final year as Lakey says, due to the contract ending.

I would imagine they'd use the space for Fright Nights again which I'm not complaining about!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:02 pm

Thorpe Park have updated their website to state that the listed dates are when the attraction will be OPEN. It does actually mean it will be open for even less of the season, but at least it now makes more logical sense!

iamradam
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, Oxfordland, United Oxdom, Oxfordonia, Planet Ox

Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:42 pm

I'm not hurt over its contract ending tbh, it was interesting and a fun novelty but any more than 1 run and you're done. I don't see much of a future for that area unless they use it as a Fright Nights space again. Maybe they could clear it and the Fungle Safari land and get a nice ride/coaster in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk