UK theme parks from another point of view!

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park Resort - Quick Questions

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:25 pm

Cheers dude, I contacted the Thorpe twitter team this morning but no reply, I've also seen another version of the original email saying its on the Friday the 20th which is confusing! Let's hope it's still on then!

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:07 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:
timmy1372 wrote:
There was mention of a annual pass event on the Saturday the 21st of July because they had to cancel the annual pass preview day in March, any ideas if its still on?

Checked with the Merlin Annual Pass Twitter team, and they've said that details for this event are still to be released. Although, they didn't initially know of the event...

So, assuming Thorpe didn't forget about it and are now rushing to get something sorted, it should still be on. But if you're booking hotels specifically for this event, I would suggest trying to a get a more concrete confirmation from them first. :) 

What happens on passholder days?

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:31 pm

saw-x-smile wrote:
What happens on passholder days?

They're generally held prior to the start of the season as a perk for passholders but also as a way for the parks to practice for the upcoming season.

The Thorpe Park MAP preview day was cancelled due to the snow so Thorpe scheduled a couple (?) of extra events for passholders during the season to make up for it.

jotemo87
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:37 pm

I'm looking for the cheapest option to go to Thorpe Park.

As far as I've seen I can pay £21.40 for the train with NationalRail and they offer me 2f1 ticket for the park (£55).

Do you know a better choice? Thanks!

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:12 am

The 2for1 offers are typically the only walk up offers they have. But I would look at what the current online price is with Thorpe.

Be warned there can be a very very long line for ticketing in the morning. Having a pre-purchased print-at-home ticket from Thorpe directly, can at times save you over an hour of queuing to get in.

jotemo87
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:01 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:
The 2for1 offers are typically the only walk up offers they have. But I would look at what the current online price is with Thorpe.

Be warned there can be a very very long line for ticketing in the morning. Having a pre-purchased print-at-home ticket from Thorpe directly, can at times save you over an hour of queuing to get in.

Ok, I will buy the ticket from Thorpe Website. About the transportation, NationalRail is the best choice?

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:35 pm

jotemo87 wrote:
Ok, I will buy the ticket from Thorpe Website. About the transportation, NationalRail is the best choice?

Assuming the ticket they're offering doesn't say it's an Advance Ticket, then the price they quote will be the same as the price at the station on the day. Keep in mind that if you buy online, you will still need to collect your actual tickets at the station.

You may be able to find a cheaper rate at a site called The Train Line, but you will likely then be forced to use a specific train at a specific time.

jotemo87
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:18 am

Swarm Chris wrote:
jotemo87 wrote:

Assuming the ticket they're offering doesn't say it's an Advance Ticket, then the price they quote will be the same as the price at the station on the day. Keep in mind that if you buy online, you will still need to collect your actual tickets at the station.

You may be able to find a cheaper rate at a site called The Train Line, but you will likely then be forced to use a specific train at a specific time.

I searched at The Train Line, and they offer the same rate (Off-Peak Day Return), and it also says that I can travel on any eligible train. Will I be able to buy this Off-Peak Day Return rate at the same station?

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:41 am

jotemo87 wrote:
I searched at The Train Line, and they offer the same rate (Off-Peak Day Return), and it also says that I can travel on any eligible train. Will I be able to buy this Off-Peak Day Return rate at the same station?

Yes, off-peak day return is a standard ticket that will be offered at the station for the same price. The ticket will then allow you on any train for that route, during off-peak hours. The national rail website will be able to give you info on when the peak/off-peak times are.

nicky.borrill
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:49 pm

DigiPass is available, you can buy either a daily one, or MAP one in the dome on entry, just as you enter smack bang in front of.

Now, my question, not a TP regular, living so close to towers, the last time I went was the summer holidays, the queues were horrendous, bad enough for me to buy a fast pass... Going again this Saturday, can any TP regulars advise on what the queue times might be like on a Saturday outside the holidays? 

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:06 pm

nicky.borrill wrote:
DigiPass is available, you can buy either a daily one, or MAP one in the dome on entry, just as you enter smack bang in front of.

Now, my question, not a TP regular, living so close to towers, the last time I went was the summer holidays, the queues were horrendous, bad enough for me to buy a fast pass... Going again this Saturday, can any TP regulars advise on what the queue times might be like on a Saturday outside the holidays? 

They've been reasonable. The Swarm was about a 30 minute queue last Saturday, with a stated queue time of 40-50 minutes. Inferno was listed as 50 but was only in the cattle pen, which really should have been 20-30 minutes with a slow crew. Stealth was 20-30 minutes, Saw around 35 minutes. Colossus was being broadcast over the speakers as a 50 minute queue, but was back to the tunnel. Derren Brown is always over an hour and they'll likely make you wait half the stated queue time if you get Fast Track for it.

If it's wet this weekend, you could see the park being quite empty. Biggest concern is the wind, with a yellow weather warning there is an increased chance of rides not being able operate.

nicky.borrill
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:13 pm

Thanks Chris, the yellow warnings given at the minute are up to Friday, and again from Sunday, fingers crossed that holds. Out of interest which rides are succeptible to the wind? Never experienced anything at AT closed due to wind, but I’ve seen it plenty of times at BPB, Fantasy Island and the old American Adventure.

Not a big fan of DBGT, don’t think the (trying to avoid spoilers) bit in the vehicle was very good quality, enjoyed the surprise, but I think once you’ve done it, you’ve done it. That being said, can’t wait to take the missus on over halloween, she’s not done it yet, and is the perfect victim for something like that **EVIL LAUGH**

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:18 pm

On a really bad day... all of them. :(

Strangely Inferno seems to get hit first, even though it's the most enclosed. Next is usually The Swarm and the rapids. Stealth can often last reasonably long as I think they just turn the power up :lol.

Piggins
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:49 pm

Hey guys just wondering if maybe people dress up for Fright Nights or Scarefest... I want to dress up for Halloween and I know you can’t have masks but you are allowed, I just wanted to know if many people did?

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:52 pm

I've never been to Fright Nights but there's always people at Scarefest in costume, so I say go for it!

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:11 pm

I’m going in fancy dress this year, me and my work colleagues are going as the Addams Family. I’m gonna be Pugsley :lol 

Piggins
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:39 pm

Love it!!! That’s awesome then we are just doing standard zombies for Year of The Walking Dead! Look forward to seeing all the costumes!

Thank you.

Stripes91
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:03 am

We are at Thorpe Park for Fright Nights this weekend.

Yesterday we missed Big Top Showtime every time we went to the Dome - so can someone help us out to catch it today? When does it run (a bit more specific that ‘after 3pm’)? Is it hourly? What’s the best way to ensure we catch the show?

Ismail
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:18 am

Stripes91 wrote:
We are at Thorpe Park for Fright Nights this weekend.

Yesterday we missed Big Top Showtime every time we went to the Dome - so can someone help us out to catch it today? When does it run (a bit more specific that ‘after 3pm’)? Is it hourly? What’s the best way to ensure we catch the show?

It runs hourly after 3pm, so I would get to the dome just before the hour mark for good viewing.

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:57 pm

Do THORPE PARK do digipass at individual ride photo areas or is it just at specific booths?