UK theme parks from another point of view!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

CONTAINMENT

Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:18 pm

CONTAINMENT from 2015's FRIGHT NIGHTS event has been confirmed to be a permanent attraction at Thorpe Park Resort.

I personally enjoyed this experience at the event but wouldn't pay full price (free for hotel guests). So what do you think is going to happen, will it be changed to be family friendly, or will nothing have changed at all?

SouthParks are expected to receive more details later today.
Discuss!
Last edited by Owen on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: CONTAINMENT being made into permanent attraction

Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:20 pm

I personally think that seasonal attractions should stay that way because then they are not as special when fright nights is on.
Ride count 2017: 224!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 735!
Cred count: 65!

Thanks to NemesisRider for the awesome signature!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:26 pm

AS we don't know any more details we cannot be sure the attraction will be necessarily themed to the previous FRIGHT NIGHTS theme as 2015. It is likely, however there is also the possibility the attraction will receive a face lift to suit a different theme and market.

NemeJaney
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:39 pm

I never went in it so I can't personally say if I like this idea or not, but I kind of agree with Liam, it might lose something by being permanent. However, there's always a chance they might have developed it since fright nights in such a way that makes it good for being a whole-season attraction.
Thanks NemesisRider for this personalised sig :)

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:23 pm

I don't understand why they would do this. Containment is a good and quite fun seasonal attraction, but i think it becoming a permanent attraction will kill it. Thorpe generally don't have a very good reputation when it comes to things like this. If they keep it refreshed and keep changing it than i think it could possibly work, but given the fact this is Merlin, i doubt it will change in any way throughout the year. It doesn't generally have a good throughput either. When myself and others from TTSP did this last year, our booked time slot was 9pm and we didn't get in until about 9:45pm. This was down to it being e-stopped a load of times because people kept freaking out. So if they are to make it a permanent attraction than they will need to find a way to keep the E-stops down and keep throughput at a very good pace too!

Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:30 pm

I found Containment to be awful and a waste of time so I cannot understand why they've decided to make it a permanent attraction.

If it's linked in with DBGT somehow it may be somewhat forgivable but I don't see the sense in it right now.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Re: CONTAINMENT

Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:58 pm

HERE is Southparks article on the attraction.

Plans state that the exterior and location will not change as well as the maze layout. A permanent queue will be added to create a simplified system. A new container will also be added for staff so that they do not have to walk out of the maze in their outfits and across the pavement.

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:38 pm

So was it an mainly actor driven experience? Didn't they already try that with the Saw maze?

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:02 pm

There are 3 actors overall, with one staff member outside - these were very effective and I'm sure it would be much easier to staff with just 4 actors to cater for. Also we must remade this may just be for 2016 as a way to earn a little more money while the crowds increase for GHOST TRAIN.

Luce
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:28 pm

I'm not sure about this as when I did Containment last Fright Nights, I didn't think it was worth the money. However, if some improvements were made, I'd be happy to give it another try :)

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon May 02, 2016 7:26 pm

The area under Depth Charge has been cleared, and foundations for the new and permanent CONTAIMENT have been added, ready for installation later in the year.

Credit to Thorpe Park Mania.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed May 04, 2016 6:59 pm

Unfortunately nothing has currently been changed on the exterior of CONTAINMENT, which has had its building reinstalled today.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun May 15, 2016 12:13 pm

Posts for more permanent fencing, as well as what's presumably the queue-line entrance have been installed.

Source: Thrill Nation Facebook