UK theme parks from another point of view!

craig.day.92
TT Member
TT Member

Food

Sun May 08, 2016 11:09 am

Sorry if this a boring topic but I just feel the poor quality of options and food really lets the park down, I mean its fine if you love BK/KFC or infact anything within a bun but Id just like to see some better quality food stalls and options for the whole family and the G.Public. The level of customer service has rapidly gone down hill within the food stalls but then I guess when you come to these parks you know what to expect.

JonDoesTT
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Food

Sun May 08, 2016 4:36 pm

Whenever I visit Thorpe, I always go to the Pizza Pasta place. The food there is great, and it's not too expensive. I haven't been to the BK or KFC, but I've heard that it is pricey for what it is.

Credit to NemesisRider

iamradam
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, Oxfordland, United Oxdom, Oxfordonia, Planet Ox

Tue May 10, 2016 9:39 pm

I disagree that there isn't much option. Considering it's a theme park, there's quite a selection. You're not constrained to donuts and hot dogs (though they have them), there's a proper bar grill, fish & chips, pulled meat sandwiches, the all you can eat pizza/pasta/salad buffet, a Mexican restaurant, a BBQ shack and even kebabs (if you can stomach one when sober). Then of course there is Burger King and KFC. All in all not a very bad selection at all.
I wonder what happened to that Noodle place that was in Old Town, it's not on the map. Anyone been this season who knows if it's still there? Used to love it.

GThing64
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 13, 2016 10:38 pm

They closed Spinball Noodles a few years back and Chessington's lost its Noodle stand too. I guess Merlin decided the noodle stalls weren't profitable enough. :/

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri May 13, 2016 10:54 pm

From what I understand the contract with Amoy, who supplied the noodles, cam to an end and Merlin decided not to renew. Therefore once the agreement for each outlet in the individual parks came to an end the units were closed.

alicheesy
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:43 pm

I noticed that pizza pasta at Thorpe now offers "Quorn ball" pizza which is new this year.
Does anyone know if other Quorn products are available in other food outlets? (at any of the parks)
It would be good having veggie sausage rolls, burgers etc. for people like me who are annoying and don't like meat or vegetables :lol
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:15 pm

Alton had 'Quorndogs' at their hot dog stands this week, they looked rather tasty! I can't remember if the price was any different.

On a similar note: I wish they had more sugar free soft drinks options. Diet Coke gets boring after a while. I wish they had more Freestyle machines to solve this issue.