UK theme parks from another point of view!

craig.day.92
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Food & Beverages

Sun May 08, 2016 11:09 am

Sorry if this a boring topic but I just feel the poor quality of options and food really lets the park down, I mean its fine if you love BK/KFC or infact anything within a bun but Id just like to see some better quality food stalls and options for the whole family and the G.Public. The level of customer service has rapidly gone down hill within the food stalls but then I guess when you come to these parks you know what to expect.

JonDoesTT
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Food

Sun May 08, 2016 4:36 pm

Whenever I visit Thorpe, I always go to the Pizza Pasta place. The food there is great, and it's not too expensive. I haven't been to the BK or KFC, but I've heard that it is pricey for what it is.

Credit to NemesisRider

iamradam
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, Oxfordland, United Oxdom, Oxfordonia, Planet Ox

Tue May 10, 2016 9:39 pm

I disagree that there isn't much option. Considering it's a theme park, there's quite a selection. You're not constrained to donuts and hot dogs (though they have them), there's a proper bar grill, fish & chips, pulled meat sandwiches, the all you can eat pizza/pasta/salad buffet, a Mexican restaurant, a BBQ shack and even kebabs (if you can stomach one when sober). Then of course there is Burger King and KFC. All in all not a very bad selection at all.
I wonder what happened to that Noodle place that was in Old Town, it's not on the map. Anyone been this season who knows if it's still there? Used to love it.

GThing64
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 13, 2016 10:38 pm

They closed Spinball Noodles a few years back and Chessington's lost its Noodle stand too. I guess Merlin decided the noodle stalls weren't profitable enough. :/

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri May 13, 2016 10:54 pm

From what I understand the contract with Amoy, who supplied the noodles, cam to an end and Merlin decided not to renew. Therefore once the agreement for each outlet in the individual parks came to an end the units were closed.

alicheesy
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:43 pm

I noticed that pizza pasta at Thorpe now offers "Quorn ball" pizza which is new this year.
Does anyone know if other Quorn products are available in other food outlets? (at any of the parks)
It would be good having veggie sausage rolls, burgers etc. for people like me who are annoying and don't like meat or vegetables :lol
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:15 pm

Alton had 'Quorndogs' at their hot dog stands this week, they looked rather tasty! I can't remember if the price was any different.

On a similar note: I wish they had more sugar free soft drinks options. Diet Coke gets boring after a while. I wish they had more Freestyle machines to solve this issue.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:25 pm

Bush BBQ is no longer open on the park. The signs for the eatery have been taken down and its been fenced off. Inferno's Pizza Pasta has had an extension. Also pizza pasta now only has sugar free drinks options. The coffee kiosk next to Bush BBQ has become a pasty stand.  Mexican Cantina is currently undergoing a brand change to Sombrero's Burrito Bar. Roast N Relish has also closed. Crust has also reopened. The doughnut stand nearest the Amity toilets has also been renamed to Donut Compound. A lot of the food outlets have also become card payments only. 
Parks, Scares and Glitter on Facebook

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:14 pm

Was that final donut place you mentioned donut factory?

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Re: Thorpe Park Food & Beverage

Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:18 pm

No. There is a donut place next to the main arcade bit, near DBGT. 

Zero666
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:36 pm

I wasn’t pressed with Amity Fish & Chips or Sticky Sisters (formerly Bush BBQ opposite I’m A Celebrity), very overpriced for what it is and the food was very dry and tasteless. Amity Fish & Chips was really dirty and messy inside too.

Do Fin’s have any healthier options and is it good value for money?

Thanks in advance :D

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:45 am

Fin's has a somewhat large selection of food available, but in terms of healthiness it's still bar food. Prices are a little high, but I'm typically full afterwards. The burgers are reasonable, but occasionally they feel like they've been left in a warming tray for a while and have a slight soggyness to them. The chips are usually decent and very very hot when they arrive.

Another option is Sombreros Burrito Bar, opposite Infernos Pizza and Pasta. Prices are lower than Fins, except for the £1 extra if you want a dip for the nachos. The Burritos are fairly large, with them seemingly filling them a little more with beans recently. Usually not particularly spicy. Also despite what the big sign says on the till, they typically accept cash and the app now suggests they should always.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:38 pm

I have yet to actually eat in Amity fish and chips and its just because I don't ever want fish and chips at the park :lol Sticky Sisters I agree was really disappointing. It is extremely over priced. I'm also not a huge fan of Finn's to be honest. I've always found the menu a bit boring and simple and the food doesn't really appeal to me, but I will still eat there if I can't decide where to eat. One thing I never understood is why Burger King and KFC still remain on park even with Merlin having their own versions at both AT and CWOA. Does anyone know why they haven't been changed over yet?

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:44 pm

Only thing I can think is that Thorpe signed a very long contract with them back in the day. Maybe to generate some early income, similar to Disney and Coca-Cola and the various other brands that will never get kicked out of their parks.

Edit: Not that early an income though. There used to be a roller coaster and carousel where KFC is now! :lol

Collossalsaw
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:48 pm

I would highly recommend the infernos pizza pasta. I think it is a little overpriced, but the food quality is really good and there’s always guaranteed to be a space

Zero666
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:36 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:
Fin's has a somewhat large selection of food available, but in terms of healthiness it's still bar food. Prices are a little high, but I'm typically full afterwards. The burgers are reasonable, but occasionally they feel like they've been left in a warming tray for a while and have a slight soggyness to them. The chips are usually decent and very very hot when they arrive.

Another option is Sombreros Burrito Bar, opposite Infernos Pizza and Pasta. Prices are lower than Fins, except for the £1 extra if you want a dip for the nachos. The Burritos are fairly large, with them seemingly filling them a little more with beans recently. Usually not particularly spicy. Also despite what the big sign says on the till, they typically accept cash and the app now suggests they should always.

Aww that’s a shame, I thought Fin’s used to have Chicken Caesar salad on their menu (don’t judge me :P), I just don’t like to risk very carb heavy foods while I’m at the park due to my stomach problems. Do they allow you to bring your own food in?

Zero666
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:37 pm

Dom wrote:
I have yet to actually eat in Amity fish and chips and its just because I don't ever want fish and chips at the park :lol Sticky Sisters I agree was really disappointing. It is extremely over priced. I'm also not a huge fan of Finn's to be honest. I've always found the menu a bit boring and simple and the food doesn't really appeal to me, but I will still eat there if I can't decide where to eat. One thing I never understood is why Burger King and KFC still remain on park even with Merlin having their own versions at both AT and CWOA. Does anyone know why they haven't been changed over yet?

Amity charged £18 for 2 Rollover hot dogs (which are disgusting!) and chips D:

I think the amount of food places that sell burgers is crazy!

Zero666
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:38 pm

Collossalsaw wrote:
I would highly recommend the infernos pizza pasta. I think it is a little overpriced, but the food quality is really good and there’s always guaranteed to be a space

We do usually go but didn’t on our last trip as my bf LOVES burritos xD

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:41 pm

Zero666 wrote:
Aww that’s a shame, I thought Fin’s used to have Chicken Caesar salad on their menu (don’t judge me :P), I just don’t like to risk very carb heavy foods while I’m at the park due to my stomach problems. Do they allow you to bring your own food in?

They may well (probably do) have salad options. My eyes just never make it past the burgers list! :lol I just had a look at the online sample menu, which is sadly completely unrepresentative of anything they serve now.

Yes, you can take your own food into the park.

Zero666
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:41 pm

Awesome, I might take my own food for Fright Nights or just go to Nemesis pasta and pizza. Burger King and KFC are insanely expensive there, it’s crazy.

I’d like to see a noodle place open :)