If you owned Thorpe Park, what would you add, remove and change? There's no budget as such, but it's best to be realistic - you can't add three new major coasters every year!
This is what I'd do:
- Get both DBGT and Containment open.
Improve general park operations - run coasters on 2 trains on ALL weekends.
- Add new trains to Colossus.
General touchups including themed dispatch audio.
Add more scenery to Rumba Rapids - make it feel more like whatever it's meant to feel like.
- Open an RMC inverting wooden coaster behind Loggers Leap. I know that they had DBGT 2 years previously and that SW8 opens in 2018, but Wildfire (which is pretty much what I'd want to build) cost 9.2 million pounds to build, so if they could get SW8 in for around 10 million (which is easily possible), the two coasters combined would cost the same as The Swarm. Perfectly possible and much needed as it'll have been 6 years since Thorpe's latest coaster. They also have Blackpool's mega to compete with in 2018, so pulling something out of the hat would be good.
Reopen Loggers Leap (RMC interacts with it?) with new tunnel and scenery.
- Replace Samurai with a Larson Fireball.
Add a new Angry Birds show - the old one will become samey after 5 years.
- Start up "Thorpe Loving Care" (the name doesn't have to be that bad, it can be changed).
Replace Slammer with a HUSS Top Spin. (If Slammer lives this long ...)
- Open a B&M Flying Coaster behind The Swarm. Themed to the same theme as The Swarm but on a slightly tamer thrill level, it'd turn that side of the park into a full area with both a thrill and a transition/thrill coaster.
- Quiter year - continue with TLC.
Change the I'm a Celeb walkthrough to some other walkthrough (mainly so that there's something "new" to advertise). I think it should have its own "jungle exploration" theme - this way, the surrounding area can keep its theme.
- Re-theme Angry Birds Land - Angry Birds probably won't be a big thing by then and it's not exactly difficult to put on a new 4D show and re-theme some dodgems and a drop tower. Maybe make it Pirate-themed and see the return of Pirates 4D.
Close Colosuss permanently at the end of the season.
- No idea, depends how things are going. Probably replace a flat/family ride that's getting a bit dated.
- Intamin mega on the Colossus site, like a compact Goliath at Walibi Holland.