UK theme parks from another point of view!

glittabones
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Project 2020

Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:44 pm

TPC wrote:
The loggers leap site wasn't listed in their rollercoaster development area in the plans put up for changes of use to some of the land. Currently the island behind Swarm, Swarm island and the land to the right of the dome as you enter are marked rollercoaster development sites. So loggers hasn't been completely discarded just yet it seems.

Well, that's good news. Without Loggers Leap we'd have Tidal Wave for really good weather only and Storm Surge which is AWFUL!

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:53 pm

But is it even realistic to expect Loggers Leap to ever reopen?  How long exactly has it been closed now, anyway?

JC13
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:56 pm

I think it closed at the end of 2015
Complete credit goes to the BubbleBoi

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:19 pm

Hi all,

Project 0 chat now continues in Thorpe Park - General Discussion

Please feel free to continue discussing Project 2020 here!

Edit - Please note; we have removed this thread from the forums due to the uncertainty of the project.

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:03 pm

Some speculation from the C.H.I.P 7706 poster that was found in Zombie Hunt, which Thorpe liked before the tweet was deleted.

A lot of parks have been teasing new coasters this year giving the vital statistics of the ride. I'm wondering (or rather speculating and making a straight line from two points) if Thorpe could be doing the same.

We have 4 letters and 4 numbers. My wild speculation is they match up:

C.H. 77
Coaster Height 77m. This just happens to be near enough 250ft, which is higher than Thorpe previously sought permission for, but is just 1m taller than Shambhala, and the exact same height as Energylandia's Hyperion.

I.P. 06
Possibly the P and the 6 form Project 6. Any new roller coaster would be the 6th large coaster in the park.

The I could either be part of the project name, so for example I(nvestment) Project 06. Or it could be the number of inversions is 0.

It's all speculation, but a 77m tall coaster with possibly no inversions, sounds a lot like that hyper we keep talking about.

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:01 am

Adding to the above, I.P 06 could well mean this will be the 6th IP attraction Thorpe add alongside Lionsgate, Angry Birds, I’m a celeb, DBGT and TWD. Just an idea :)

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:03 am

That sounds plausible to be honest. We must be due planning application.

Regarding the extra 1m, I wonder if the application allows them to dig down so it does not exceed the height?

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:21 am

The I could also stand for Intamin, but I have no idea how many Intamin rides have been at the park so far, but not sure they've had 5 already.

Previous planning intention was for 50m and 40m, but both were at sites at the front of the park. Maybe if they use the Loggers site they can go higher with less sight line issues for the resident areas? Stealth is at 62m. Having seen Hyperion is 77m, it seems to be a magic number for roller coaster height.

Given the flooding concerns they have, I'm not sure they're allowed to dig down.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:40 am

That is a valid point. I suppose it depends where they dig, but It wouldn't need to be much at all!

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:46 pm

Danny wrote:
Adding to the above, I.P 06 could well mean this will be the 6th IP attraction Thorpe add alongside Lionsgate, Angry Birds, I’m a celeb, DBGT and TWD. Just an idea :)

It’s possible but I personally feel like ip is a term that only real enthusiasts and industry professionals use. I have to explain it to the GP quite often
Thanks bubbles What a lad

PsychOXRat
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:42 pm

On park today I saw half of the CHIP image on the right side of The Swarm's control booth, so they're definitely hinting towards the new coaster.

I also wonder if they're hinting at the location being where Logger’s Leap is, at a stretch; CHIP could be referencing a wood chip, which could then be linked to Logger’s Leap's wood theme, although I think it's unlikely to mean anything.

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:03 pm

Two sightings and Thorpe's acknowledgement on one of them. Hype increasing...! There has to be a planning application going in soon.

We have a new pop badge being released next week. Will it be for Blair Witch or C.H.I.P 7706?

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:18 pm

I just searched the internet and Thorpe Park but nothing yet. Hopefully, it will be within the next couple of week :)

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:18 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:
Two sightings and Thorpe's acknowledgement on one of them. Hype increasing...! There has to be a planning application going in soon.

We have a new pop badge being released next week. Will it be for Blair Witch or C.H.I.P 7706?

My guess would be Blair Witch seeing as Fright Nights would be much closer than a new ride.
I think we may see more teasers just before the season ends/ throughout the closed season
I'm the boy with the bubbles

Cryptoclysm
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:51 pm

Just saw this from the Nemesis exit path next to the service road. Says 'MMXX = ?' on the sign on the shed and is next to a new looking Blair Witch stick figure hanging from a tree very nearby. Not 100% if the two are linked, but seems likely?
Attachments
IMG_20180826_174617889.jpg
IMG_20180826_174617889.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 991 times
IMG_20180826_174718587.jpg
IMG_20180826_174718587.jpg (460.89 KiB) Viewed 991 times

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:14 pm

Cryptoclysm wrote:
Just saw this from the Nemesis exit path next to the service road. Says 'MMXX = ?' on the sign on the shed and is next to a new looking Blair Witch stick figure hanging from a tree very nearby. Not 100% if the two are linked, but seems likely?

As far as we can tell, the Blair Witch part should be them setting up for Fright Nights. I'm expecting to see them officially announce a Blair Witch maze by next weekend.

The MMXX=?, we believe to be Roman numerals for 2020 and a hint that something for Project 2020 or the parks next coaster, is coming soon.

It's good to see that the sign is still there after being spotted yesterday. Increases the likelihood it's meant to be there and not someone fooling around yesterday.

Also, hi :wave:, welcome to the forums!

PsychOXRat
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:24 pm

Currently on park and there are 2 employees with a sheet of paper taking pictures in and around the old town area, overheard "If it was around my taste..." which suggests a retheme could be coming here either next year or 2020 to coincide with Project 2020.

Qzzb_UK
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:37 pm

PsychOXRat wrote:
Currently on park and there are 2 employees with a sheet of paper taking pictures in and around the old town area, overheard "If it was around my taste..." which suggests a retheme could be coming here either next year or 2020 to coincide with Project 2020.

Can't really see that being related to anything. They decide a Bank Holiday Monday, when they are open to start taking photos and discussing it? Not before park is open or after park shuts. 
Thorpe are not that organised but I can't see that being related to anything to do with 2020!

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:42 pm

PsychOXRat wrote:

Or they are winding people up, especially after recent developments!!

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:00 pm

I'm certainly expecting the winding up potential to increase!

Don't be so surprised to see staff doing viewings etc during operational hours. Twice at Alton I've seen design personnel and management out and about in the park. In April saw management and someone stood at the old Ripsaw site discussing it. Whilst last July I literally had lunch at the table next to the architect working on plans for the bar development at the Rollercoaster Restaurant.