UK theme parks from another point of view!

H8223R
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Project 2020

Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:42 pm

They did start hinting Blair Witch through Zombie Hunt and now a possible 2020 project hint is in the same location. Blair Witch seems to be happening so this makes the CHIP hint more reliable in my eyes. Not only this but staff sighted in Old Town taking photos. There is a lot of attention on Old Town at the moment. This could mean a couple of things: Logger’s Leap might finally be having work done to it, or it might be torn down and Project 2020 will at least begin and end there or pass through a turn around at this point. Or they are just winding us up.

Qzzb_UK
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:51 pm

If this is true its a bit of a strange move, to pay for the old P again (which wasnt well received) , especially given that its not like there is anything else todo with Blair Witch anymore (i.e. movies and stuff). 

Kinda give up on Thorpe these days. The whole year of the walking dead that fizzled out pretty quickly when love island came along and now bringing back old dead and done mazes for fright nights. Think Thorpe needs better management. 

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:51 pm

I've been looking to see if the CHIP 7706 poster appeared early on in Zombie Hunt's existence. I found a video from the press preview day, which showed the full wall at the collection point. Interestingly there is a gap exactly the right size for the poster (highlighted with a red arrow).

Source: UK Theme Parks on YouTube.

So it's definitely something that was planned to go in this space and hasn't been there all the time. Doesn't give any more certainty on the meaning of it though, could be a staff code, although it would be weird to place it within the themed area and not just on the counter or the side wall if it were.

PsychOXRat
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Project 2020 / CHIP 7706

Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:59 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:
So it's definitely something that was planned to go in this space and hasn't been there all the time. Doesn't give any more certainty on the meaning of it though, could be a staff code, although it would be weird to place it within the themed area and not just on the counter or the side wall if it were.

It definitely doesn't appear to be a staff thing, when I saw it on The Swarm it was on the glass pane at the front of the booth slightly falling down, 2 days later it had fallen down more so that only the top left part of the image was visible

H8223R
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Project 2020 / CHIP 7706

Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:41 pm

It’s interesting that there are two identical signs in clear view of the public, especially The Swarm cabin, it would have had to be placed specifically to be seen! This may just be a coincidence but there are two hints for a possible new coaster in the two locations we suspect it may be built - Old Town (Loggers) and island behind Swarm.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:55 pm

I've been thinking lately- sooner or later we'll probably be seeing a planning application be submitted. So before that happens, can we take a moment to take in Thorpe as it is right now? Whatever happens in 2020 it's sure to change the landscape of their future and the image in our heads whenever we think about the park. Right now we know nothing, and as soon as the application comes around we'll always know about it. We've got a little time to look at the park in it's current state before this new ride changes all that.

ThemeParkRhys
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:52 pm

A technician from Thorpe has replied to a photo of the poster saying it's for the queue times.

I find this hard to believe as surley its standard the staff would be required to learn this number?
Attachments
1C70D7C9-85B5-4571-BB71-76D102DE0780.png
1C70D7C9-85B5-4571-BB71-76D102DE0780.png (796.67 KiB) Viewed 1305 times

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:29 pm

Hmm, well they've kept the poster up and added another to the theming. This is from today.

I've heard elsewhere that they're fairly certain it's a staff code. No idea why they would add it to the theming other than to wind us up! :lol Given that the number is nearly unreadable, the whole things seem odd.

Also there is no visible sign at The Swarm any more.

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:11 pm

The system doesn't use a phone number to update queue lines. At Alton at least, the ops use an iPad. I've spoken to the staff about it.
Thanks bubbles What a lad

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:31 pm

AltonOperator wrote:
The system doesn't use a phone number to update queue lines. At Alton at least, the ops use an iPad. I've spoken to the staff about it.

I've seen the panels at Alton. There's one in the Nemesis station outside the control room. Haven't seen them at Thorpe but I would suspect it's a similar system.

Also, Zombie Hunt doesn't have a queue time! It's all ticketed entry.

Eternalyz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:56 pm

I work at Thorpe, and it is for the queue times, and there is a phone line for it here. Not sure why they would put posters up though

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:33 pm

Eternalyz wrote:
I work at Thorpe, and it is for the queue times, and there is a phone line for it here. Not sure why they would put posters up though

So why is there a poster at Zombie Hunt?
Thanks bubbles What a lad

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:37 pm

If it is actually the queue time number than we have been massively trolled by Thorpe and its hilarious :lol
Parks, Scares and Glitter on Facebook

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:04 pm

Dom wrote:
If it is actually the queue time number than we have been massively trolled by Thorpe and its hilarious :lol

It sure would be, but perhaps bordering on cruel now if they added the second sign and left them both up after they've been found.

Does also leave me questioning the other things that have been found. Sadly we could end up with a situation where no one believes anything, which lowers the fun of the speculation from cryptic sightings.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:28 pm

Merlin have always been the type to leave clues in random places, but they also troll enthusiasts too. Take, for example, the sign at AT about the weapon coming from wherever it was. It turned out it was only true in the idea of the SW coming to Mutiny Bayish. 
Parks, Scares and Glitter on Facebook

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:49 pm

Dom wrote:

I also want this to be true because I think it would've been a fantastic red herring... And would be beyond funny! 

professorb
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:35 pm

I believe some of the technicians are also enthusiasts so know how to get the forums going ;)

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:15 am

Spotted this by the shed on the exit of Nemesis Inferno today, like a flash Thorpe responded to it

https://twitter.com/SimonStirrat/status ... 2144953345

(It says '27?' in black spraypaint, '0?' overlapping in yellow spray paint for those unable to read it)

I'm 33/33/34 that it's Thorpe teasing us about Project 2020, Thorpe teasing us about Fright Nights or Thorpe just trolling us for the fun

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:20 am

If it's using 0? then I would guess it has nothing to do with Thorpe at all and it's just the construction staff trying to have fun.

I'm starting to get the feeling they're just trying to play up to the "spotted signs" of previous Fright Nights, which turned out to be an advertisement for someone's idea for a new unrelated to Merlin business. How that got sanctioned by Merlin I don't know and looking back the whole thing seemed pretty amateurish by the park.

I really hope the whole thing isn't just some staff trying to have fun, as it would just highlight the fact that the park has nothing genuine that it can use to get people excited for the future. Potentially three trolls this season and nothing new to even hint at, makes me think the park would actually be trolling itself more than us at this point.

Sozzy40
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:54 am

I’ve got two theories about that...

1. It looks awfully similar to a poster seen at Blair Witch in 2016. 2016 was Blair Witch’s last year, and there’s a rumour going around that Blair Witch is returning for 2018...

2. Thorpe are just trolling us
I can see why the beornen worship Wicker Man