UK theme parks from another point of view!

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Project 2020

Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:15 pm

I do believe that they are keeping this project under wraps.. this is the next coaster in 6 years.. so the secrecy will be there.. and I do believe when this ride unveils itself, the hype will be enormous!

Mark my words..
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”

Htjc_
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:09 pm

This has been said before but I think there is further proof of this now. People have been speculating that the next rollercoaster to be installed at Thorpe would be around Loggers Leap and Slammer. However, with the apparent closure of IAC I think it's unlikely for it to be placed elsewhere. The closures are all next to each other so will kind of isolate that part of the park for redevelopment (It also happens to be my least favourite area of the park). Thorpe Park need something large to cover it all and a coaster would be perfect. However it's slowly becoming less likely to be a 2020 addition, but I have hope!
Attachments
Screenshot_20190108-175921_Google.jpg
Oh by the way I used an old map as it contains all 3 SBNO rides.
Screenshot_20190108-175921_Google.jpg (704.21 KiB) Viewed 929 times
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:56 pm

Well Sticky Sisters has also seemingly gone. It would appear there's a fair amount of stuff gone in this area, with the only new things added being extremely temporary looking.

Htjc_
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:01 pm

I completely forgot about Sticky Sisters! Not that I'm mad, makes my argument more viable.

PsychOXRat
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:25 am

Huh, I guess this coincides with when I was there and a couple staff members were taking pictures of buildings, foliage and interiors between Loggers and IAC, whilst referencing visual changes to the area. Only question is if the Burger King in that area is staying or going

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:12 am

That Burger King is no longer shown on the resort map...

Joel Allen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:31 am

You’re right! It isnt....

J1SH
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:01 pm

I do hope they keep the general theme of Old Town as it has a decent amount of character but is one of the most empty parts of the park now with Loggers and Slammer now gone. A coaster in Old Town can be done really well with the forest behind it but can attain a good portion of path interactivity with the rest of Old Town.

TwistedTom
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:12 pm

During part 6 of Thorpe's winter updates they seem to have covered up the exact area being discussed at the moment (all of old town, IAC and Sticky sisters) Could this mean that we could get a teaser on the map like SW8 or Minds Wanted? (I would send image but I don't know how XD)
https://twitter.com/THORPEPARK/status/1083695019670847488

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:18 pm

TwistedTom wrote:
During part 6 of Thorpe's winter updates they seem to have covered up the exact area being discussed at the moment (all of old town, IAC and Sticky sisters) Could this mean that we could get a teaser on the map like SW8 or Minds Wanted? (I would send image but I don't know how XD)
https://twitter.com/THORPEPARK/status/1083695019670847488

This would be the image. :)

The window is conveniently positioned, isn't it. But, it could also just be coincidence, or simply hiding what appears to be an even larger amount of the park having nothing in it anymore. Granted, we'd all like it to be the teaser option. :)

The Swarm's planning permission went in roughly February the year before opening. Wicker Man's went in even earlier. So if Project 2020 is still a thing, then we should be seeing something in the next few weeks.

Htjc_
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:27 pm

To check for planning permission I have been checking Runnymede Borough Council's planning search and searching THORPE PARK as that comes up with the most recent results. Is this where we would find the latest planning applications?

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:32 pm

Htjc_ wrote:
To check for planning permission I have been checking Runnymede Borough Council's planning search and searching THORPE PARK as that comes up with the most recent results. Is this where we would find the latest planning applications?

Yes. You will also see a link to 'rMaps' on the right-hand side of the initial search page, which is also a pretty good way of seeing any planning applications being considered across the borough.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:03 am

IAC's closure isn't related to this project, the park are planning something else for that space in the immediate future. Timber Tug Boat, Rocky Express and Lumber Jump are all expected to be open throughout 2019 too.

The one thing to bear in mind for this project with planning, all previous coasters and developments at the park had received outline planning via the Medium/Long Term Development Plans which made it easier to secure the actual individual attraction submissions. Unless the park submits a new development plan ASAP, anything major in this area will be more complicated and possibly take longer to get approved.