UK theme parks from another point of view!

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Re: X:\ No Way Out

Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:27 pm

I would have thought that they would keep the X red and blue colour scheme, However I could see the building being repainted black or brown.
[Insert Signature Here]

bendaboss
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Luke excell wrote:
I thought that x:/ no way out needs a refurbishment its so dull and hot inside i think a re design with loops make it faster and perhaps make the que better wat do u think?

Well I would love to see this happen although I'd prefer them to concentrate on Project 2020, I just cant wait that long...

But if they did refurbish it, then I dont think they need to change the queue, but focus on the ride itself.

I would prefer it if X wasn’t rethemed to The Walking Dead. I dont like the show and I think X is perfectly good enough as it is, I agree give it a refurb but not a retheme.
I just hope they wont use an IP at all. I like X and all I think it needs is a small corkscrew, and to go backwards again like it used to!
Last edited by Dan on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double posts

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:18 pm

Some interesting footage has been discovered... You can see it on SouthParks Facebook.

Joel Allen
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:58 pm

I’m now getting excited for this 2018 development! X has always had a charm to me and I hope now they are giving it some attention it can become a great attraction. Currently, it isn’t the best... My dad says it’s so bad he won’t go on it! I disagree, but I do hope he’ll change his mind next year!

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:21 pm

I don’t think the change is good. They’re taking one of the few family-orientated rides at Thorpe and turning into into a horro-themed ride.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:26 pm

It has been noted that the video features the message "Safe Zone, X, 05/03/2018, 09:00" presumably indicating when we can expect an announcement.

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:21 pm

On what has been a very busy day for news coming out of the southern parks, Thorpe Park have added a new blog post to their website, this time focusing on the short video that was released on Friday evening.

On the Island Like No Other we’re no stranger to the weird, obscure and downright bizarre, but what happened last week left us stumped, confused and itching for more detail.

For those of you who don’t know, on Friday 19th January at 4.48PM, a mysterious 15 second piece of footage emerged on Instagram. The footage appeared to show an as yet unidentified creature stumbling around in the woods, before panning to reveal some of Stealth’s track in the background, confirming the location to be somewhere here at the Resort.

The video was quickly shared amongst fan groups, sparking reaction videos, discussion as to what this could all mean and the hashtag #WheresChloe? in relation to the Instagram account where the video originated.

Here’s what we know:

- The footage was recorded somewhere at the Resort

- The footage contained some kind of hidden message

- The creature appeared to be of human height and form

And here’s what we don’t know:

- The whereabouts of ‘Chloe’

- The identity of the creature

- The whereabouts of the creature now

As we’re sure you can appreciate, we are looking into this to gather as much detail as we possibly can to get to the bottom of this mystery. But in the meantime, we need your help! If ANYBODY has ANY information about the video or its contents we urge you to come forward so we can figure out what this all means.

Keep your guard up Islanders, and we’ll meet you at the Safe Zone…

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:29 pm

Ooooooh! This has to be walking dead. Does anyone know the secret message?

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:44 pm

lewis97 wrote:
It has been noted that the video features the message "Safe Zone, X, 05/03/2018, 09:00" presumably indicating when we can expect an announcement.

Hope this helps
Parks, Scares and Glitter on Facebook

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:41 pm

It's pretty clear at this point that the development is happening, however the planning application relating to X's retheme has now been approved.

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:34 pm

Due to Dom having a moment and getting confused, some recent posts have been deleted in order to keep the topic flowing :lol

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:30 pm

Thorpe Park have just posted this image on their Facebook page. Looks like we are expected an announcement sooner than expected.

I'm the boy with the bubbles

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:14 pm

This is going to be a dead announcement :D

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: The Walking Dead: The Ride

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:17 am

Thorpe Park have revealed the ‘headliner’ attraction for The Year of The Walking Dead will be The Walking Dead: The Ride.

THORPE PARK Resort is overrun by Walkers and there is but one goal: survive. Making it to the sanctuary of the Safe Zone is vital for salvation. Located at the centre of the Island, navigate your way to the safety of the indoor bunker - but be warned. All signs point to an imminent invasion of Walkers, so keep your head down and move quickly for your best chance of staying alive.

We will see you at the Safe Zone…For the first time ever, experience The Walking Dead: The Ride. Those who ride…survive!

This attraction is not suitable for those under the age of 13, guests with: heart, neck or back problems, epilepsy or claustrophobia as the ride contains sudden stops, lighting effects and haze and those who suffer from motion sickness or dizziness.

What is interesting is that the website also details a 1.4m height restriction, which is a big jump from the 1m restriction that the ride has as X. I imagine this has been done in relation to the increased “thrill” factor that the ride will bring due to its retheme.

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Walking Dead: The Ride - New for 2018

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:37 am

I must admit it looks really well done. I wasn't too keen on the rumours of a Walking Dead retheme but this doesn't look too bad. Hopefully the inside and ride experience has been overhauled and bought a new lease of life to it
I'm the boy with the bubbles

alicheesy
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:36 am

It will probably (maybe) be enjoyable but obviously I'm sad because they've done it to X aka best coaster ever.
X was a coaster with a club/rave vibe which appealed to teens and young adults without having to be horror-based. While I enjoy the park's horror themes like ghost train and saw, I think it's a bit overkill having too many (unless they are going for the world's first theme park fully dedicated to horror).
As this is the "year" of the walking dead I still have hope that X will return and I can happily rave again.
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:18 pm

Erm, what to say without being biased?

Positive:
It's good to see that they are expanding they're thrill attractions. This will probably be advertised as one of Thorpe's major coasters again. This has the potential to be successful as SAW:The Ride.

Negatives: 
It's sad to see a family attraction leave the park. When I went on X there was 4 year olds riding it and saying it was 'the best ride ever'.

The ride got refurbished with new lights and soundtrack, so I'm assuming maybe part of the refurb was in preparation for the retheme and the soundtrack is intended to be used elsewhere possibly.

And the most important negative: where can I rave on a coaster now...?

Rave in piece X, 2013 - 2017.
[Insert Signature Here]

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:42 pm

I'm currently going through the motions with this. 

I'm happy because light and sound X kind of felt a bit temporary and this will give it so much life. The theme is actually quite good, especially when you think back to how much of an impact Saw The Ride had on Thorpe Park. Also the idea that it could potentially be incredibly themed, like the mazes, is rather exciting.

I'm sad because light and sound X, as chav as it felt, was always just fun. It was also a very good coaster for the first time coaster kids and due to the raise in height restriction (Totally because of the theme and for no other reason) it means it won't be some coaster kids first coaster, which is a shame. 

I'm nervous about the way it looks for one reason. Scruffy Dog, not Paragon are behind this. Paragon were the main people behind the mazes, and they were beautiful and Scruffy Dog feel a bit cheap and tacky in some aspects, so i'm nervous that they won't be able to pull it off.

I'm excited as the concept art makes it look really immersive and given how big both the queue line and exit are on X, it really could mean there will be a lot of extra surprises. We could see Thorpe Park's answer to Nemesis Sub Terra and have a bit of a scare attraction on the end which would be pretty cool.
Parks, Scares and Glitter on Facebook

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:23 pm

I'm mixed on this, on the one hand I guess we'll get some good theming around the queue and stuff, but what about on the ride? Is it gonna be pitch black with a few sound effects and a mannequin walker on a block run? I hope not. Also I'm guessing they are going to have a scare zone exit. I also really hate the name, I know they need to say that it is a ride, but come on, be a little more creative.

Another issue I have is kinda the long term effect of this IP, how long do they have it for? I'm worried that this maybe a theme that stays for 4 or so years, the TV show gets cancelled and public interest declines, then they will have to remove any Walking Dead theming and will probably rename the ride something like 'The Virus' which will stay for a year and then the ride will be demolished.

As Bert said, rest in rave X and X:/no way out, may you be riding on a wave of light and sound in coaster heaven.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:15 pm

On one hand I'm looking forward to finding out how the changes look in reality but a shame it won't be the "rave coaster" anymore.  I'm also not keen on the name, especially as it has "the" twice! but I guess they had to go with something as theparklifekid mentioned.