UK theme parks from another point of view!

Qzzb_UK
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Walking Dead: The Ride - New for 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:32 pm

Luce wrote:
On one hand I'm looking forward to finding out how the changes look in reality but a shame it won't be the "rave coaster" anymore.  I'm also not keen on the name, especially as it has "the" twice! but I guess they had to go with something as theparklifekid mentioned.

I couldn't agree more on the name. Just putting "The Ride" at the end is not the best for marketing and generally sounds naff! They did it with SAW, and it kinda worked I suppose but “The Walking Dead: The Ride” just doesn't sound right.

bendaboss
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:31 pm

Is this really happening? It’s a shame, it will be a boring coaster, the name obviously should have The Walking Dead: The Ride as it is long and repetitive with two 'the's' and the syllables dont match. I also agree that it’s a shame it wont be one of the only rave/light hearted/disco themed coaster as I think that type of coaster fits Thorpe well.

It also might be the only installment before Project 2020, which would be sad. Thorpe needs a light hearted, happy ride like X: No Way Out with loops, a pre show and lots of theming.

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:30 pm

I'm guessing the multiple use of the word 'the' in the name is to avoid any legal issues. If they named it 'Walking Dead:The Ride' Fox/AMC might have an issue with using that name and 'The Walking Dead Ride' is already taken by Sally Corp.  

I'm sure most people will call it one of the latter but Thorpe will use 'The Walking Dead: The Ride' to avoid any legal problems.
[Insert Signature Here]

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:58 pm

There are no legal issues - Thorpe have the license for the franchise.

Walking Dead is not the correct name without the 'The', hence why it has not been used.

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:25 am

THORPE PARK Official have released a new piece of concept art for The Walking Dead: The Ride, showing the attraction in the daytime and also offering a closer look at the new entrance to the ride.

Despite my initial reservations about TWD:TR, I have to say that concept art looks brilliant. If Thorpe end up delivering anything like what’s featured in the picture, the entrance area will be really impressive. Hopefully the level of detail will continue once you get inside the building, and given how well themed the two SAW attractions are, I expect it will.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:37 pm

It does look good, however, I do think they should have painted the pyramid, although I can understand why they haven't with Ghost Train.

Hopefully it will be an improvement as X isn't a great coaster. I'm just worried that we will have an X:/No Way Out style attraction with sudden stops and just a zombie animated figure placed on the platform.

ScottLann
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:48 pm

Justin wrote:
It does look good, however, I do think they should have painted the pyramid, although I can understand why they haven't with Ghost Train.

Hopefully it will be an improvement as X isn't a great coaster. I'm just worried that we will have an X:/No Way Out style attraction with sudden stops and just a zombie animated figure placed on the platform.

I agree with you on the colours there. I think they should have painted the blue stripe on the roof black just so that the pyramid doesn't look as bright and colourful. Hopefully, the experience itself will still be amazing!
Be Chosen - Join Us - You Better Not Go Alone - Assume The Position - Don't Look Down - Sit Back, It's Fright Time

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:19 pm

This article shows some images from inside the unload bay in the station. 

It annoys me how Thorpe Park keep advertising this as a new rollercoaster. It’s just gonna cause guest to get there, realise it’s a rethemed X and complain. Either way, it looks to be good theming so far, and if the entrance stays true to the concept, this could be one of the best themed rides in the park. 

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:53 pm

These are the photos of the interior of the building mentioned by Tom170499 above. They are actually of the unloading bay, and in the background you can see the “Don’t Open: Dead Inside” doors from the TV series. Could this hint to more than just an empty corridor as you are leaving the building?

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:35 pm

Are those the same trains as when it was X, because the ones on the announcement art looked very different. 

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:54 pm

They are, in fact you can see the old lettering on the front of the trains.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:21 pm

I'm so excited for this. Now we've had a glimpse inside, I no longer feel worried for it. It looks like its very well themed. I am genuinely more excited about this than I am Wicker Man purely because we don't know much about what will be inside!
Parks, Scares and Glitter on Facebook

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:07 pm

Wagstaff04 wrote:
Are those the same trains as when it was X, because the ones on the announcement art looked very different. 

Yes!
It is a shame because the trains featured in the promo photo looked really good with the headlights. There still could be time to see adjustments made to the existing trains to bring them in line, however, after seeing today's photos, I don't think we will be seeing new trains for this attraction.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:22 pm

Jordan has said on her Twitter that they’re “not finished yet” in response to a comment about the trains.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:09 pm

That is good to hear. Hopefully they will receive an overhaul aesthetically!

bendaboss
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:50 pm

I think I might have changed my mind about this. I thought it would be boring and have a lack of theming, but now I've seen those photos, I think the ride will be good as long as the theming is just as good through out the whole ride.

The last picture got me thinking, in the unload bay could a zombie scare you before you get off the ride? Like the photo where there is one zombie on the side scaring you but all the rest are in the cart, which in the actual ride will be replaced by people.

But what do you think? I’m not a big fan of scares but it will make the ride more thrilling and memorable.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:23 pm

This already looks awful...

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:28 pm

Erm... that's not completely finished is it? :-k

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:58 pm

We should assume that is not finished - quite a while off opening day yet.

Where did the photo come from?

Capt. Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:18 am

For something that is very clearly a work in progress, I think it looks fine.