UK theme parks from another point of view!

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Thorpe Park Resort - General Discussion

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:24 pm

Current speculation is Saw will be rebranded to Jigsaw to fit in with the new film! On Ride photos have been changed, so very unlikely to be Project 2020 now!

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:35 pm

But why waste money rebranding one of their most successful rides? That doesn't make much sense to me. Also, what's changed about the on-ride photos?

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:38 pm

They have a new surround with Billy and the Jigsaw branding. It has no mention of Saw:The Ride anymore! Also, if true, I would assume minimal changes would be made at a minimal cost, but the brand/ride would be refreshed!

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:08 pm

The most recent SAW film was simple called Jigsaw and it looks like they're pushing ahead with a sequel. Maybe Lionsgate are dropping the SAW name and going with Jigsaw as the franchise name? Apart from changing some signs and maps it's not going to cost Thorpe very much to rename it, Lionsgate may even be chipping in too.

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:36 pm

That's odd for a mid season change like that, especially if the printed maps will become out of date. But I guess any name change can happen no earlier than the rights holder wants it to.

Edit: Just had a stupid thought on Project 0. Last year we had a Fanta VR experience. This year everything across the park has gone sugar free. So Coke Zero experience?

Solved!

But in more seriousness, did anyone notice any work going on in the bit where Fanta VR was last year. I got the impression they were up to something there when I visited a few weeks ago.
Last edited by Justin on Tue May 01, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 01, 2018 7:45 pm

To be honest, I just can't see this "Project Zer0" being to do with an update to SAW. Why hype something up so much when it's just small budget changes, and renewed branding? Doesn't make sense to me. Unless there is something more – which I wouldn't expect because of the rides success.

TPC, I actually think Coke Zero Experience is a pretty good idea :lol

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue May 01, 2018 8:19 pm

You say that, then again Saw Alive is coming back this summer. It is all speculative, but let's enjoy the ride! :)

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Project Zer0 might be a thing, but personally I think that was a fan made video as well... Way to fishy to be the real thing, but they definitely captured the Saw vibe very well. It had the same look as the trailers and did say Legacy. I would have to side with Justin, and assuming if this video is real I can most certainly see why it seems to be themed to Saw. But, personally, there is something lacking, mainly the fact that Saw Legacy came out last year, and it wouldn't make sense for them to do something now. So I conclude that it's a fake. 

That said, I think Project Zer0 might actually be a thing if they're posting like that tweet... But I think it's most likely something to do with the Year of the Walking Dead... Why would you have two events going at the same time (unless they're both Walking dead)? May 19th does correlate with Apocalypse Weekends... Could it be a hint that there's some fun story to explore with those events and that Project Zer0 links to that? 

There is a lot of evidence for it being Saw as well tho so who knows! (Doing more research into reading post history it is looking more and more Saw related to be honest but who knows...) Lakey was hitting at the fact that Thorpe likes to mess with their fans so maybe they're pulling a few bluffs to confuse us. 

Edit: Did anyone bring up the fact that Jigsaw was originally titled Saw: Legacy? 

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue May 01, 2018 11:25 pm

Once again, if true :lol, they may have waited to see if the Jigsaw franchise would take off. Only box office figures would judge that. With a second now in the works, then it may be the right time to move forward!

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 02, 2018 8:05 am

So now they're dropping '1' into tweets. 

https://twitter.com/THORPEPARK/status/9 ... 5934514177

I, er, think we might have been played.

Qzzb_UK
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 02, 2018 8:49 am

Either that or whoever is posting the updates didnt understand properly... 

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 02, 2018 10:31 am

Someone has stated that this could be a secret message in binary.. if tomorrow follows with another number that is either 1 or 0, then it could be a possibility..

However if it is 2.. could be a count down (up?) to something we may have already guessed, or have no idea about.
Don't take me serious..
But come, sit, have a drink.. don't mind me..
Hush little baby, don't say a word..
It'll only hurt forever.

Qzzb_UK
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 02, 2018 10:38 am

If its binary do you know how many they would have to do?? Just the letter T in binary is 01110100! 

glittabones
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 02, 2018 10:43 am

Could end up just giving us a date - we've got 01/ so far!

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 02, 2018 11:35 am

Qzzb_UK wrote:
If its binary do you know how many they would have to do?? Just the letter T in binary is 01110100! 

True I know, as I’m an engineer, would need a lot of time to write out a load of numbers for simple words or a line. So the possibility of it being a word or phrase is very low in my mind anyway.

But as glittabones has said, it could be a date..

We’ll see tomorrow, if there’s a different number, then this Theory is void :lol
Don't take me serious..
It'll only hurt forever.

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 02, 2018 3:42 pm

But didn't they do 0 twice? If they were counting up that would sure be a strange move...

Yet I guess the project has been code named Project Zer0 so maybe that's why there were two...

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 03, 2018 11:16 am

saw-x-smile wrote:
But didn't they do 0 twice? If they were counting up that would sure be a strange move...

Yet I guess the project has been code named Project Zer0 so maybe that's why there were two...

That’s actually a good point, I didn’t see the second 0 before.. upon further looking, the numbers don’t come every day, there can be a day without a number.

I think we may have to just keep an eye out for the meantime whilst we wait for more, potentially.
Don't take me serious..
It'll only hurt forever.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 04, 2018 7:04 pm

Thorpe Park just tweeted, this time hiding a "1"... looks like they could be spelling out something in binary!

At the moment, I think we have 00011

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 04, 2018 8:16 pm

If it's binary then this will be the most drawn out way of hinting at an announcement ever made!

They mentioned Fibonacci before as a reply to someone asking where the zero was. But even if the next numbers are 2, 3 and 5 that won't help much in making any sense out of it, and can easily be just another way of trolling us.

I am loving the number of events we're having this year. Even if they are simple it just adds something different to the visit.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 05, 2018 7:08 pm

Robert.W wrote:
Thorpe Park just tweeted, this time hiding a "1"... looks like they could be spelling out something in binary!

At the moment, I think we have 00011

We have another "1"!

Current code: 000111